Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Track day at Buttonwillow Raceway

Took my stock fiesta st to Buttonwillow to see what times I can post before I start to mod it. I only have 2 zestino tires and R1 Concepts rotors other than that everything is stock.

[video=youtube;hYPe2mh9Lfw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYPe2mh9Lfw&t=8s[/video]

Awesome times man! I haven't been out to button willow in 2 years now and haven't done much racing since then but my PB is a 2:08. I am going in the dec, hope to see you there

Mmmm, that sector 3 pass at 80mph! They let you do that there with no point by?? I've never ran with RTA. Awesome!

OP
FloresRacing
Thread Starter #4
Awesome times man! I haven't been out to button willow in 2 years now and haven't done much racing since then but my PB is a 2:08. I am going in the dec, hope to see you there
I won't be racing till next year when the season starts again. What mods did you have when you ran the 2:08

Siestarider

Very smooth, driver seems good at carrying speed through corners. In spite of the stock torque, Fist is a momentum car on track. Just takes too long to gain major speed with stock turbo.

OP
FloresRacing
Thread Starter #7
Very smooth, driver seems good at carrying speed through corners. In spite of the stock torque, Fist is a momentum car on track. Just takes too long to gain major speed with stock turbo.
Thanks, yea the car feels fast out in the streets but at the track the stock turbo is slow.

Siestarider

Thanks, yea the car feels fast out in the streets but at the track the stock turbo is slow.
Most of the fun is in turns, where Fist shines vs much pricier iron, especially if well driven. Then there is the fun in the pits. I actually had two guys in a GT4 that lapped with me stop and ask me what my car had in it. I replied lighter wheels and stickier tires (totally true). The look they gave me was priceless.

But no matter how well I exit the turn approaching the longest straight, the big power iron 50 yards back is going to want a point by. Hoping a hybrid turbo will reduce that some.

Fast frickin' lap. The ST does seem to hold a lot of speed through Riverside to Lost Hills, definitely surprised some people there this weekend like you did that WRX.

OP
FloresRacing
Thread Starter #10
Fast frickin' lap. The ST does seem to hold a lot of speed through Riverside to Lost Hills, definitely surprised some people there this weekend like you did that WRX.
yea the fiesta has lots of potential