Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Member 58 Rep Points kevinatfms's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Germantown
    State
    MD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by danbfree View Post
    Well, this thread is about a progressive spring, I wouldn't be talking about getting one if that wasn't what I want... Yes, Swift are the best linear, but I have no intentions of tracking the car hence why the progressive rate, which DO help a little with handling over stock, just not as much as a linear like Swift... Have you tried to race specifically with Eibach before?
    I have. I ran all this auto-x season on the Eibachs and everyone who drove the car said the same exact thing that I have...the Eibachs are pure crap.

The progressive rate works if you start at an acceptable rate. 90lbs-in is not one of them. Its too soft of a start point. You lose quite a bit of turn in to start then it increases in rate so fast that you go from grip to push instantly. If they started at the factory rate and increased to 210-220lbs-in this would quell the body roll, not increase it. You might gain a little bit of mechanical grip starting at the softer rate but lose it once the car shifts the balance to that tire. This then increases push to the point of upsetting the car.

I have tried every tire pressure setting i can in the back to quell the understeer and get more rotation. I think Eibach went too soft up front trying to increase mechanical grip while also alleviating the main complaint with the factory suspension(the rough ride).
    FORD CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN 2004-2011
    KIA/HYUNDAI GDS4 TECHNICIAN 2004-2007

2015 Fiesta ST
    2017 Colorado Z71 Duramax
    2015 Edge Sport(Wife's)

Member 91 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    Tigard
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kevinatfms View Post
    I have. I ran all this auto-x season on the Eibachs and everyone who drove the car said the same exact thing that I have...the Eibachs are pure crap.

The progressive rate works if you start at an acceptable rate. 90lbs-in is not one of them. Its too soft of a start point. You lose quite a bit of turn in to start then it increases in rate so fast that you go from grip to push instantly. If they started at the factory rate and increased to 210-220lbs-in this would quell the body roll, not increase it. You might gain a little bit of mechanical grip starting at the softer rate but lose it once the car shifts the balance to that tire. This then increases push to the point of upsetting the car.

I have tried every tire pressure setting i can in the back to quell the understeer and get more rotation. I think Eibach went too soft up front trying to increase mechanical grip while also alleviating the main complaint with the factory suspension(the rough ride).
    I replied to your other post too, it's 109ft-in not 90, just so we have the right numbers... But good input to know, I'm glad I'm getting the ones with the best ride! :)
    92 octane gas is really 93+ if it is e10! Tune for 93!

'17 Magnetic, wheels/calipers - New Feb, '18. Stratified Ver. 4.0 - 91,93 STuned traction, Torque Solutions 75a RMM, Mojo Mfg short shift kit, drop-in filter w/cold air cutout.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Germantown
    State
    MD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I replied to your other post too, it's 109ft-in not 90, just so we have the right numbers... But good input to know, I'm glad I'm getting the ones with the best ride! :)
    Oy. You try to correct me with a snarky ass comment then fuck up the “semantics”. 109lbs-in is what you mean.

Either way, crap rates to start with and hurt ultimate performance. I’d say they are even worse than the stock springs for anything but ride comfort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Fiesta ST
    2015 Edge Sport(Wife's)

Member 91 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Tigard
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oy. You try to correct me with a snarky ass comment then fuck up the “semantics”. 109lbs-in is what you mean.

Either way, crap rates to start with and hurt ultimate performance. I’d say they are even worse than the stock springs for anything but ride comfort.
    Ya, nice language and it's "snarky" to simply correct the false numbers you just throw out there without researching? LOL... and nice try on the thread jacking a progressive spring thread in the first place, sheesh.... SMH.

'17 Magnetic, wheels/calipers - New Feb, '18. Stratified Ver. 4.0 - 91,93 STuned traction, Torque Solutions 75a RMM, Mojo Mfg short shift kit, drop-in filter w/cold air cutout.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Germantown
    State
    MD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, nice language and it's "snarky" to simply correct the false numbers you just throw out there without researching? LOL... and nice try on the thread jacking a progressive spring thread in the first place, sheesh.... SMH.
    Did i thread jack? I said the progressive rates were crap. The thread title of the other thread is "first mod...eibach pros". Eibach makes progressive rate springs.

Me warning the OP with knowledge that the springs are crap is right on point with the thread.

With the rest of your posts about ride comfort maybe you should have bought an SE or SES?

2015 Fiesta ST
    2015 Edge Sport(Wife's)

Member 91 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Tigard
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did i thread jack? I said the progressive rates were crap. The thread title of the other thread is "first mod...eibach pros". Eibach makes progressive rate springs.

Me warning the OP with knowledge that the springs are crap is right on point with the thread.

With the rest of your posts about ride comfort maybe you should have bought an SE or SES?
    YES, you thread jacked because no one asked about track handling at all, they had already made up their mind and bought the springs already... how is it helping to jump in and telling someone their springs are crap? Do you not get that?!?!?

And saying I should buy an SE just because I want a more forgiving ride in freaking 4 door daily hatch is flat out mentally disabled level of stupid! And to stalk my other posts about ride comfort? Quit harassing me and get lost already!

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Germantown
    State
    MD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YES, you thread jacked because no one asked about track handling at all, they had already made up their mind and bought the springs already... how is it helping to jump in and telling someone their springs are crap? Do you not get that?!?!?

And saying I should buy an SE just because I want a more forgiving ride in freaking 4 door daily hatch is flat out mentally disabled level of stupid! And to stalk my other posts about ride comfort? Quit harassing me and get lost already!

Did i say track handling to begin with? Nope. I said that what ive found through many, many autocross runs is that the Eibach springs make the car more of a handful. The OP can decide from there if he wants to continue to use the springs. People write all the time on forums of good and bad experiences with products and it helps better the community. Your bullshit does not.

Oh and if you want a better ride get an SE or another brand vehicle. You bought an ST not some mundane hatch. You know exactly what you were getting into when you took the car on a test drive.

Cant handle people doing a little research on you then GTFO and find a forum for the "safe space" you so obviously require.

2015 Fiesta ST
    2015 Edge Sport(Wife's)

Member 50 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Baton Rouge
    State
    LA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey hey now, no one cares. This is a spring thread, PM yourselves if you wish to continue this.

Member 50 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Baton Rouge
    State
    LA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting back on topic. These seem to be a good choice for daily drivers, light track use, and canyon carving, but it seems to be a let down in autocross.

Good to know, I am looking to buy a set of springs for autocross first, streetbility second, and track third. Swift Springs was mentioned. Do people think it is the best linear spring of the choices we have?

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Germantown
    State
    MD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaendeau View Post
    Getting back on topic. These seem to be a good choice for daily drivers, light track use, and canyon carving, but it seems to be a let down in autocross.

Good to know, I am looking to buy a set of springs for autocross first, streetbility second, and track third. Swift Springs was mentioned. Do people think it is the best linear spring of the choices we have?
    I would take anything except for daily driving out of the equation for the Eibach springs. I think Mountune increases the front and rear rates versus the pro kit springs. I do know they are higher in final rate though compared to the Eibach. Im sure Danthedickheadbfree will let us know the rates here soon.

I don't really think anyone else on the market has a spring that fits the needs of the people wanting a more motorsport derived setup. Swift is about the closest thing you're going to get at the moment. And i believe are the only company short of coilovers to offer a linear rate set of springs. ST has a nice set of springs but the front rates seem really high at 288lb-in and i cant confirm if the fronts are linear or progressive(ST hasnt gotten back to me).

I am now waiting for the Swift springs to show up and will get them installed on the B8's before the next auto-x event I plan on attending in the end of July.

2015 Fiesta ST
    2015 Edge Sport(Wife's)

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast