Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Guess the ST!

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fiesta ST

5 13.51%
  • Focus ST

3 8.11%
  • Fusion ST

6 16.22%
  • EcoSport ST

15 40.54%
  • Escape ST

9 24.32%
  • Transit Connect ST

2 5.41%
  • Mustang ST?

1 2.70%
  • None of the above

4 10.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Member 44 Rep Points captainmorbid's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Edmonton
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Sport fan View Post
    NOT that I'd ever buy one myself (STILL WAY TOO BIG, HEAVY, and high cg/'tippy' for me!), but the EcoSport, with the 2.3 RS/EcoBoost Stang power/drive train (including an available manual!), and a slightly lowered and tuned/adjustable suspension, would be cool.

But of course there is NO market here whatsoever in the land of YUUUUGE is not big enough, so it will never ever happen.
    With long travel suspenders, Baja style...

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

New Member 6 Rep Points Triflux's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Modena
    Country
    Italy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recently i've read an article about a 2019 Fiesta RS. If they produce it, maybe there will a Ka+ ST, that replace the FiST...

Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Eerie
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

A Fiesta RS would be the the ultimate for me. I loved my Subaru Justy because of the 4WD. That little car could do amazing things in snow. An AWD Fiesta would be my holy grail.
    2017 Magnetic, everything but the Recaros. MP 215, mountune shift kit and shift knob, Husky floor liners. That's all I'm doing, I swear!.. OK, I lied. Also added an intake hose and symposer delete. But that really is all, I swear this time!

Senior Member 1025 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Solebury
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XR650R View Post
    A Fiesta RS would be the the ultimate for me. I loved my Subaru Justy because of the 4WD. That little car could do amazing things in snow. An AWD Fiesta would be my holy grail.
    SAME HERE, but sadly IF (and it's a one in a trillion IF ) they produce one, even in Europe/R.O.W., WE will never get it over here, since it's not an SUV/CUV.
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

Senior Member 285 Rep Points

Medals
    City
    South West Ohio
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I wouldn't pay the 45k price tag on a Fiesta RS. But 298hp behind a light weight, all wheel drive vehicle would be a blast. Now I'm reconsidering the initial statement.

Then I have to remind myself again, it will never come close to the motorcycle. Whoa baby...
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

New Member 8 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Concord
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Intuit View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't pay the 45k price tag on a Fiesta RS. But 298hp behind a light weight, all wheel drive vehicle would be a blast. Now I'm reconsidering the initial statement.

Then I have to remind myself again, it will never come close to the motorcycle. Whoa baby...
    If they did make one I doubt it would be 45k, I would think mid 30's since at 45k it would be the close to the same price as the Foxus RS and they would cannibalize sales off one another.

Senior Member 285 Rep Points

Medals
    City
    South West Ohio
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. But consider that the two-wheel LSD 300hp Civic Type-R is based at 35k. Adding all-wheel has to bring it up from there?
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

New Member 6 Rep Points Triflux's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Modena
    Country
    Italy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that the price is a problem.
    You can buy a WRX (here) for 43K €. Why i'm going to buy a Fiesta RS for less than 10k?
    I mean...i bought the ST for the fun that derive from it: the FWD, lightweight and a reasonably power.

Member 41 Rep Points

Medals
    City
    Gatineau
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Like a few people, a Fiesta RS would be a freaking blast and I don't think it would be THAT expensive. To compare the cars here in Canadian dollars: the Focus RS is 50k (fully equip), the Focus ST is 33k (fully equip) and a Fiesta ST is about 26k (no sunroof and no nav but optional, otherwise fully equip). I believe a Fiesta RS would sit around 37k.

Now the problem is that we'll still get people saying "but why would you pay 37k for a FIESTA!?". Those people are dumb, but there are other people out there that listens to it. They are missing the point that it's basically Fiesta in name and platform only and everything else is very different.

I would love to see a production AWD Fiesta, but in the meantime I will do tons of research and hope that we can somehow take the EcoSport AWD and plug it in the FiST... and maybe put a RS differential in it while we're there...
    2014 Tuxedo Black
    Power
    Cobb Stage 2 | ST200 airbox | Ramair filter | Mishimoto J-line intercooler | Velossa Big Mouth | Boomba BOV adapter
    Handling
    AWR 88a RMM | AET VUDU short shift | TBPerformance stage 3
    Style
    LED fog lights | LED inside lights | Shorty antenna | Muteki SR48 black | Red plastidip: Cup spoiler Bottom rear diffuser Mirror caps | Black plastidip : Stock wheels

Member 44 Rep Points captainmorbid's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Edmonton
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    The Ecosport AWD system will likely be a part time one, as opposed to the fun locking centre diff type. The Focus RS wasn’t AWD until the current one, and apparently was stupid fun to rip in. So, there is room for a Fiesta RS that is still fwd. It would (and should) retain the ridiculous nature of the FiST but with more of the ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast