Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GReddy Products for Fiesta ST...

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Nick is spot-on with his comments. There are a number of exhaust options, but intake options are highly limited, and only one has a sealed design. If I was in product development for an aftermarket company, that is where I would be putting my effort. Since I am not totally happy with the intake offerings at this time, I am working on developing my own modified lower air box while I wait for the aftermarket to catch up. It is one of the top priority projects for me right now.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Nick is spot-on with his comments. There are a number of exhaust options, but intake options are highly limited, and only one has a sealed design. If I was in product development for an aftermarket company, that is where I would be putting my effort. Since I am not totally happy with the intake offerings at this time, I am working on developing my own modified lower air box while I wait for the aftermarket to catch up. It is one of the top priority projects for me right now.
You just made my point for me - there's enough demand and dissatisfaction with the non-sealed intakes currently available that we're choosing to modify stock airboxes with high flow filters instead of these systems. A certain competitor who shall remain nameless has really taken a while delivering their intake which has caused a lot of frustration and pent up demand. I really would cash in and capitalize on the opportunity before said competitor eventually at some point, releases the only other sealed airbox intake known for the car. I am not exactly optimistic at this point.

LT Berzerker

Now if you'd do a cowl intake, bwahaha... That way I don't have to make one, but a sealed intake would be an awesome addition :)

TheStig

I ran a Greddy TI-C on my 07 Civic SI Sedan and loved the sound. It was quiet at first but broke in well and sounded great. Plus the looks were good and fit and finish were great.

Would love a full lineup but specifically on the intake and exhaust side as there arent a ton of options currently. Break in early and get a good market share with a good product (sure thats the goal of course)

I beg of you though, have MULTIPLE soundclips/videos of your exhaust systems once you have them for sale. It bugs me staring at an exhaust online that no one has bought yet so there are no clips of the way it sounds. Im fine with sacrificing afew ponies to get a sound i like.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
I ran a Greddy TI-C on my 07 Civic SI Sedan and loved the sound. It was quiet at first but broke in well and sounded great. Plus the looks were good and fit and finish were great.

Would love a full lineup but specifically on the intake and exhaust side as there arent a ton of options currently. Break in early and get a good market share with a good product (sure thats the goal of course)

I beg of you though, have MULTIPLE soundclips/videos of your exhaust systems once you have them for sale. It bugs me staring at an exhaust online that no one has bought yet so there are no clips of the way it sounds. Im fine with sacrificing afew ponies to get a sound i like.
This is why I am being really anal about adding sound clips whenever possible to exhaust listings. Almost all of my fiesta ST exhaust listings on ModBargains (we are a Greddy Distributor) feature video clips when there is a available.

Huge fan of your products :) Had your exhaust for my '02 WRX. I'd love to see what you come up with. It would be nice if another company would come up with a sealed airbox CAI solution like Mountune has come up with.
I agree with this gentleman. Sealed box intake and exhaust for me.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Just a thought for later on but a total turbo upgrade path would be nice too..
Total means turbo and exhaust and tuning solution availible for those that want it..

TheStig

This is why I am being really anal about adding sound clips whenever possible to exhaust listings. Almost all of my fiesta ST exhaust listings on ModBargains (we are a Greddy Distributor) feature video clips when there is a available.
I now have a Bromance for you sir.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Hey all,

I work with GReddy Performance in the Sales department. Now I know we have not been a big name in the domestic sports car scene, but I'm hoping to change that with the Fiesta ST. I am a fan of this car and I think it has great potential. I am pushing towards making an aftermarket performance parts line for the Fiesta ST starting obviously with a cat back exhaust system and going on from there (downpipe, intake, intercooler, etc.). So long story short I am trying to do some research as to who would be interested in a GReddy performance line up for the Fiesta ST. If you guys could give me some feedback as to what type of parts and what price range you are looking for, it would really help me gear this product line for the end user. Also please include the car that you currently drive. Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer.
Welcome aboard! Let us know how we can help with your research. I would love to see Greddy products for our cars.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Just a feeler - who would still be interested in a sealed airbox if the pricepoint was $449 like Mountune's setup?

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
I'll see what I can do to find out if we can get something like that made. I will bring this up to the R&D department for sure.
I'm happy to help however I can, I'd love to see the intake made as much as you would. I am a Fiesta ST enthusiast first, ModBargains employee 2nd...

Please reach out if you need SoCal R&D cars and I'll put you in touch with a local Fiesta ST owner that is available that day.

I've tried to ask all the questions on the business side of this, "is this worth the cost of manufacture to produce these?" and gauge how much the market is willing to pay for such a system.

Given that the only two sealed or semi-sealed airbox intakes are $300+ to $449, if you hit that mark with either full plastic molded airbox or metal half-airbox that'd be the way to go. Do not under any circumstances do an intake without a lot of heat shielding, the market is overrun with those.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Try sitting in texas trafiic on 110 degree heat lol. Greddy makes quality parts. Im also a fan of HKS but thats another story. Id love to see an intake and coilover options honestly.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Welcome aboard and thanks for asking what we want, need, etc...very much appreciated)

1) Radiator at an affordable price.

2) Sealed intake, heat shielded or material supplied or optional. I have a grill mounted additional inlet that was relatively easy and low cost to do though not a bolt on solution if you are interested in seeing it.

3) NO Drone exhaust, fewer bends, less weight as possible while keeping cost under control, dual tips but freer flowing than most I have seen, single in and out muffler as most single in dual out have poor flow by design or use a better muffler design. I will gladly send picks of my DIY exhaust that meets the above, it takes a bit more to design one that fits easily but to me doing something right is better than just making a part to sell. I have a single oval tip to save weight and it looks much better than a round one and it flows great.

4) SS cast manifold for stock turbo and one for the EFR or adapter for EFR and or other turbos. The stock manifold needs porting badly but most cannot do the work themselves and too much labor cost for most to have it done. There are tubular manifolds available but they are generally known to crack eventually, a cast manifold has less underhood heat issues and more reliable for a daily driver. Make it fit under the stock or trimmed heat shield, many want to appear stock or not have added heat issues.

5) Transaxle mount insert, simple product, lots of play there to work on, it will reduce axle hop and more.

6) Tall shift knob out of none heat absorbing material.

7) DP with exhaust matching outlet, 2.5" exhaust needs 2.5" outlet, 3" needs 3" etc, HIGH flowing cat or designed that a stock cat can be cut and welded in locally since you probably cannot offer one with the stock cat welded in but if you could it would be a great solution.

Out of all these the cast manifold is the most important to me as I want one personally and most everyone would benefit from it.

-----------------

I consider the car a world car and not domestic at all except it has 4 doors, US Ford has little to do with this car that I know of other than selling it and requiring four doors and to meet US specs but it sure is great to have a manf of your caliber on board no matter what the car is:)

I have made a number of parts for my car, most if not all are posted on the forums which I can point out to you, send pics, explain why I did such things, etc.....if not retired I would have a line of parts for sale and more in the works but I just want to hep my fellow members get the best they can from whomever wants to make them.

Thanks!
Rick
801-452-5858

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Spent a good deal of time this weekend thinking of potential parts and gaps in products being offered. I came up with a few options for new products that I don't think are currently being offered by anyone.

1) Polished aluminum intake flex pipe. This is the replacement section of intake pipe between the factory airbox and the intake tube connecting to the turbo. The current market has a silicone section of hose being made by Samco. My thought is using a mandrel bent section of aluminum with a silicone connector to the factory intake tube and a flex mount connected to the airbox. It would need a port welded to the side of the pipe. The silicone section is priced around $190, and I would estimate a $100-$150 price range would be a good alternative to the silicone version. It would also dress up the engine compartment with the polished aluminum. This would be great for people looking to keep the factory airbox, have improved performance, and something shiny under the hood.

2) Intake tube, turbo to flex section. This would be a replacement for the rubber section of pipe between the turbo and flex section of the air intake. The tube would be polished aluminum and use silicone adapters to connect to the factory flex pipe, Mountune/Samco silicone intake, or to the section of tube proposed above. The market would be for people using the silicone flex tube or for a gradual step approach to modifying where small steps are taken for people on a budget and are looking at small gains over time. The polished aluminum with silicone adapters would dress up the engine compartment as well.

3) Complete polished aluminum intake tube. Combining proposal 1 and 2 into a single section of pipe connecting the turbo the factory airbox. From a manufacturing standpoint, the pipe for option 3 would be made and then cut to create proposal 1 and 2. The tube would be great for people using the stock airbox or the Mountune intake, which at this time, are the best options in the market. A sale price of $225-$250 for the section would make a great alternative to the stock hose, stock with silicone, or the open element filter intakes that would suffer from heat issues. The challenge will be avoiding heat soak from the aluminum tubing.

4) Lower turbo to intercooler metal tube. The factory metal tube includes a resonator and the aftermarket replacement tube packages include a new metal tube with all new silicone sections. Nobody is offering a replacement for the metal tube for those not quite ready to do the full tube package. This would be a mandrel bent section of either stainless steel or aluminum and work with the factory tubing.
Here is the section of factory piping with the resonator;

Fiesta ST chassis detail 041 by Bryan Redeker BRGT350, on Flickr

*correction, ATP Turbo does offer the replacement pipe for the turbo to intercooler. They determined the upgrade wasn't needed for the stock turbo.

Products 1-4 are the low hanging fruit in terms of needed development and speed to market. Mandrel bent tube, a welded bung, silicone adapters, and hose clamps to make the products. I see these products as a good entry step into the market with the least amount of investment to get started. I would estimate 6-8 months to bring them to market. It gets the GReddy name out there with the ST owners and buys time while further products are being developed. It also fills a gap in products that are currently not being offered or minimal options in the aftermarket.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Spent a good deal of time this weekend thinking of potential parts and gaps in products being offered. I came up with a few options for new products that I don't think are currently being offered by anyone.

1) Polished aluminum intake flex pipe. This is the replacement section of intake pipe between the factory airbox and the intake tube connecting to the turbo. The current market has a silicone section of hose being made by Samco. My thought is using a mandrel bent section of aluminum with a silicone connector to the factory intake tube and a flex mount connected to the airbox. It would need a port welded to the side of the pipe. The silicone section is priced around $190, and I would estimate a $100-$150 price range would be a good alternative to the silicone version. It would also dress up the engine compartment with the polished aluminum. This would be great for people looking to keep the factory airbox, have improved performance, and something shiny under the hood.

2) Intake tube, turbo to flex section. This would be a replacement for the rubber section of pipe between the turbo and flex section of the air intake. The tube would be polished aluminum and use silicone adapters to connect to the factory flex pipe, Mountune/Samco silicone intake, or to the section of tube proposed above. The market would be for people using the silicone flex tube or for a gradual step approach to modifying where small steps are taken for people on a budget and are looking at small gains over time. The polished aluminum with silicone adapters would dress up the engine compartment as well.

3) Complete polished aluminum intake tube. Combining proposal 1 and 2 into a single section of pipe connecting the turbo the factory airbox. From a manufacturing standpoint, the pipe for option 3 would be made and then cut to create proposal 1 and 2. The tube would be great for people using the stock airbox or the Mountune intake, which at this time, are the best options in the market. A sale price of $225-$250 for the section would make a great alternative to the stock hose, stock with silicone, or the open element filter intakes that would suffer from heat issues. The challenge will be avoiding heat soak from the aluminum tubing.

4) Lower turbo to intercooler metal tube. The factory metal tube includes a resonator and the aftermarket replacement tube packages include a new metal tube with all new silicone sections. Nobody is offering a replacement for the metal tube for those not quite ready to do the full tube package. This would be a mandrel bent section of either stainless steel or aluminum and work with the factory tubing.
Here is the section of factory piping with the resonator;

Fiesta ST chassis detail 041 by Bryan Redeker BRGT350, on Flickr

*correction, ATP Turbo does offer the replacement pipe for the turbo to intercooler. They determined the upgrade wasn't needed for the stock turbo.

Products 1-4 are the low hanging fruit in terms of needed development and speed to market. Mandrel bent tube, a welded bung, silicone adapters, and hose clamps to make the products. I see these products as a good entry step into the market with the least amount of investment to get started. I would estimate 6-8 months to bring them to market. It gets the GReddy name out there with the ST owners and buys time while further products are being developed. It also fills a gap in products that are currently not being offered or minimal options in the aftermarket.
I also think that Forge is coming out with that replacement tube to replace the donut section.