Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blend Door Actuator Issue Thread

Who has had blend door actuator problems?

• '14 Fiesta ST

Votes: 143 28.8%
  • '15 Fiesta ST

Votes: 144 29.0%
  • '16 Fiesta ST

Votes: 144 29.0%
  • '17 Fiesta ST

Votes: 65 13.1%

• Total voters
Mine has been clicking for months. How can I tell if it’s the driver or passenger side actuator that’s bad? Is it obvious?

It sounds like the knocking is coming from the center of my dash.
Mine was to the left of center. Lean across passenger's side and see if it's easier to tell.

JoeChill

I replaced my driver's side actuator this weekend (YH2016) after about a year of ignoring the clicking. The final straw was that my AC stopped blowing cold. I figured those were probably related, so I bit the bullet and did the replacement.

My AC still doesn't work. Is there a chance the actuator was the cause and I just royally screwed up the install, or am I looking for something unrelated for the AC problem?

Anyone have similar experience?

itziks

Hi guys,
I experience an issue which may be related to this thread.
I own a 2011 Ford Fiesta MK7.
All of a sudden I discovered that when I try to deflect the AC air from the front to the windshield/Legs, nothing happens.
I took a look down behind the steering wheel and identified the blend door actuator.
I noticed that it's unable to deflect the air from the front to the legs (down movement) but successfully able to deflect it from the legs to the front (up movement).
Do you think, in high centenary, that replacing the blend door actuator will fix the issue?
How can I find the exact actuator model that I need? I want to make sure I buy the right one.

In addition, when I hit the button that controls the air circulation direction (to suck air from the cabin or from outside) nothing happens.
Is this related to the same faulty actuator or is this a completely different issue related to anothe part of the HVAC system?

Thanks a lot!
Itzik

Had a new one installed a few weeks ago at ~58,000 miles. Scared the crap out of me the day it failed. Sounded like someone taking a hammer to the inside of the dash. Have the extended service so it was only the cost of the deductible (still shouldn't have bought the extended service, even if they sold it to me at a heavy discount. This was the only time I have used it). Tech said he's installed a fairly large number of them at this point. "It's a common failure".

I miss manual levers.

CRAZY!!!
Thought this would have been fixed for 2018 cars. Mine has about 600 miles and I just heard the dreaded click.
Guess I need to figure out what dealer to deal with.

Did mine myself last week, was pretty easy. But it’s not the blender, it’s the direction flap, for panel/floor or windshield defrost...cause I ordered the blender first, and it wasn’t the correct one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itziks

Did mine myself last week, was pretty easy. But it’s not the blender, it’s the direction flap, for panel/floor or windshield defrost...cause I ordered the blender first, and it wasn’t the correct one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi man,
Can you share the part number of the actuator you replaced which fixed the direction flap?
I want to make sure I get the right one.

Get in to my car this morning... I hear that dreaded click in my dash! Those who used their warranty service for this, what was the turn around for getting your car returned to you? The replacement process doesn't seem all that difficult, might cost me more money to not have my car than it will to replace it myself if Ford will have my car for more than a day.

Get in to my car this morning... I hear that dreaded click in my dash! Those who used their warranty service for this, what was the turn around for getting your car returned to you? The replacement process doesn't seem all that difficult, might cost me more money to not have my car than it will to replace it myself if Ford will have my car for more than a day.
One day, if they have the part. If not, they will do a diagnostic and send you home until they get it in.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

One day, if they have the part. If not, they will do a diagnostic and send you home until they get it in.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Good to know thank you! I'm going to call my local dealer and see if they have the part. No sense in making the visit if they don't even have the part.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Good to know thank you! I'm going to call my local dealer and see if they have the part. No sense in making the visit if they don't even have the part.
They can't/wont order the part until they diagnose it. I believe the Fiesta has 3 potential parts that fail. Unless they have all 3 in stock because of the high failure rate.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hello All,

I have read through this whole thread and I am not sure if anyone ever identified the best replacement to get. Any advice? Mine sounds like the driver side...Would be glad to know all 3 best replacements, though.

Thanks

I did my driver side one and that fixed mine. $30 from Ford and did it myself under an hour.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mine just started this morning. Calling the dealer tomorrow, gonna have them take care of this under warranty along with some trim thats coming unglued.

just tried doing mine and I got almost completely done except I dropped one of those T-20 torx screws that hold the actuator in place (the top most difficult one to reach) and lost it into the abyss. anyone have any idea where I can get a replacement? No clue what size screw to get

Well, three dealers later i finally talked to someone and got an appointment for Aug 11th.
Having them check out my brake pedal switch too, noticed last night that it took quite a bit of force to get the lights to actually come on and a lot more force than it should be to get the cruise control to shut off on the thruway.

Replaced mine at around 45k. Got the clicking again last night. I'm at 85k now.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I saw mention earlier about the windows open when driving having an influence. I RARELY use my ac in the summer(enjoy the extra power) and thus my windows and sunroof are always open while I'm driving, but I will add that MOST of my travel is SLOW, city/downtown type driving. Just incase windows open has ANY bearing on "wear"