Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which blend door actuator?

Without taking anything apart, any way I can tell which blend door actuator has gone bad between the drivers and passenger sides? It does not click strictly from turning on the car like most, seems to only happen when I turn the climate control off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
aruth55
Thread Starter #4
Thank you guys, I will take a look. 2019 with 71k before either went. Whoosh hybrid on e50 for most of the cars life and only problems I’ve had are this, the temp control fan in the dash and the a/c going out. I will take the HVAC related issues only all day!!

One controls the vent used and the other controls the temp. It's not fool proof, but after it stops self-clicking, try switching the vent to a different option and wait 30 seconds. If it stays quiet, try changing the temp from full hot to full cold, see if the noise starts then.

Honestly, for how cheap the Dorman replacements are, I'd just do both. Chances are good if one is bad the other isn't far behind anyway, lol.

The one on the right side is super easy to access, so try unplugging that one to see if that's the defective actuator.

I agree with MetalMatty, however. May as well do both since the teeth in those gears become brittle - especially in extreme climates.

OP
aruth55
Thread Starter #7
The one on the right side is super easy to access, so try unplugging that one to see if that's the defective actuator.

I agree with MetalMatty, however. May as well do both since the teeth in those gears become brittle - especially in extreme climates.
Must be this chicago weather, 100 in the summer, -30 in the winter lol…