Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Inaccurate fuel gauge & clicking blend door actuator

Hello everyone! Brand new here and just made this account to post a problem I'm having in the hope to get it identified and resolved πŸ™‚

I have a 2014 Ford Fiesta ST-2.

First off, my blend door actuator is clicking and I will be ordering and replacing it. (I mention this in case it has any relevance to my main problem)

So when I brought the car around 3 years ago, it was on around day 3 and the car randomly turnt off whilst driving, managed to roll into a lay-by and figured out my car had run out of fuel even though my needle was reading around 1/2 at the time.

So I will now best describe the problem:

- I fill the fuel tank right to the top and the needle reads correctly, (the needle has no issues when filling UP) my "miles until empty" will only increase whilst driving and only read true once I turn the car off then on again.

- when the needle reads 50% that actually means around 5%.. as in, my car will run out of fuel if the needle reads below 40%- 50%.

This issue has not got any worse or better in the last 3 years, I've just learnt to fill up the tank whenever I get to 50%, sounds lazy but hasn't really bothered me up until now and I now want to give the car some attention and fix these issues.

Thank you for reading and I look foward to hearing back from you lovely people πŸ₯³

(To answer some questions I will likely get):

- The dealer was 3-4 hours away, I didn't want to return it

- The car was not and is not under warranty, I will be repairing it myself

- I have taken out the battery multiple times for various reasons over the years so that isn't the issue