Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone running the Pierce Motorsports Street Suspension Kit?

For me the rear torsion bar definitely helped with the nervousness in the rear end. I'm not sure what part of SoCal you are in but if you're somewhat local I would be happy to take you for a ride.

Rob.

Waterfan

For me the rear torsion bar definitely helped with the nervousness in the rear end. I'm not sure what part of SoCal you are in but if you're somewhat local I would be happy to take you for a ride.

Rob.
Great info, thanks!

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I have the 6 point bar with the front strut bar, and rear trunk bar. I just got the rear stabilizer bar, which goes in on Saturday. So far, I'm very pleased with Pierce Motorsports suspension. Car rides on rails now.

I have the 6 point bar with the front strut bar, and rear trunk bar. I just got the rear stabilizer bar, which goes in on Saturday. So far, I'm very pleased with Pierce Motorsports suspension. Car rides on rails now.
Has all the chassis stiffening from this set up helped solidify the car over rough patches of road? We have absolutely TERRIBLE roads here in the bay area, I have 1000 miles on my car and my recaro's squeak like crazy already, hoping a bunch of PM chassis goodies and some BC coilovers will help (chassis stay solid and more flex free, allowing the suspension to soak up the bumps).

Pete

Thanks Pete :)

All of the above sounds great. I like the sequence too. Can't wait for the stock tires to give out :)

Does any of it help with the slightly unsettled rear end while braking hard? Or is this just a permanent feature of the short wheelbase and/or solid real axle?

FYI, I did the FSWerks shortshift (25% setting) today. It's awesome :). Got rid of the symposer too, also awesome.
Sorry for the late reply I was out tracking my car this weekend at Streets of Willow. With everything I have done with my car the two things that helped with the rear end while braking was changing my suspension (I had to change spring rates a few times to get it correct), but the biggest improvement was with the addition of my Rally innovations wing. I even went and added a gurnet flap to it to get a bit more downforce. It really helps keep the rear end planted while braking hard. For example on my first lap, before my tires were warmed up, I would have throttle off oversteer but the car would still be planted when braking hard, after my tires were warm my back end never lost grip, nor did the front push, the car was very balanced and if it did slide it was all four tires at the same time. But the grip was immense. Again that was at the track going 100% with my wilwoods and track pads all around. I never felt like the rear was going to come around on me when braking hard, or that it would be twitchy.

Waterfan

Sorry for the late reply I was out tracking my car this weekend at Streets of Willow. With everything I have done with my car the two things that helped with the rear end while braking was changing my suspension (I had to change spring rates a few times to get it correct), but the biggest improvement was with the addition of my Rally innovations wing. I even went and added a gurnet flap to it to get a bit more downforce. It really helps keep the rear end planted while braking hard. For example on my first lap, before my tires were warmed up, I would have throttle off oversteer but the car would still be planted when braking hard, after my tires were warm my back end never lost grip, nor did the front push, the car was very balanced and if it did slide it was all four tires at the same time. But the grip was immense. Again that was at the track going 100% with my wilwoods and track pads all around. I never felt like the rear was going to come around on me when braking hard, or that it would be twitchy.
Sounds awesome! Thanks again.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Anyone that has the lower 2 point brace and mbrp charge pipe have any issues with these two making contact?

Ditto on the after market charge pipe And clearance issues with the two point brace

What bracing will clear the MBRP charge pipes? I was looking at the street package but the race sounds appealing as well. I just wanted to see which brace will clear the intercooler pipes. Thanks

I have the mountune hot side charge pipe and the lower 2-pt. I have no issues, I realize the MBRP is the entire pipe vs. just a short section for the mountune. But, it doesn't appear to me like it would be an issue.