Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

So I've been reading about the cobb traction control on the focus. Will ours function the same way? Default is factory tc and sport or off uses cobb tc?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The only thing I do not like about the AP, and ANY of the tunes available (custom/pro OR flash) is that we cannot alter the rev limit, AND the fan settings, on our own, independently of any actual tune, or even the factory tune. [:(]

I could do this with my last car using the Diablosport hand held tuners (YES, a SHITTY, inexact system, but this feature was VERY convenient).

TUX15ST

so i've been reading about the cobb traction control on the focus. Will ours function the same way? Default is factory tc and sport or off uses cobb tc?
is this how it functions? I was under the impression that the cobb tc took over all the time while factory tc or sport tc was on and tc off was still off?

EDIT: SO AFTER DOING A LITTLE MORE READING IT SEEMS YOU ARE CORRECT WITH WHEN COBB TC IS ACTIVE AND ITS THE SAME ACROSS ALL ECOBOOST MODELS

Flashed latest crackle map but haven't had a chance to datalog any pulls, pouring rain here. The crackles and pops are much more pronounced that is for sure. I'm on stock downpipe and exhaust and it sounds like a party behind my car, I love it.

Anxious to datalogs and compare to the previous map.

Cliff's: latest crackle tune on stock exhaust and downpipe is definitely noticeable. Love it.

I am very glad that Stratified is getting a lot of attention in this community. I know they do a lot in the FoST community and happy to see our car getting some attention.

TUX15ST

So got a good chance to test it out, the v2 crackles are very noticeable on the stock exhaust, and Im not sure if they be too much when I get my catback on or not but well see.... Also just something to note, I assume this is caused by the crackles but upon taking your foot off the throttle the car now engine brakes harder (again I assume because the crackles) and almost jerks you forward a little harder every time your not easy letting off the gas as the crackles start. Power feels great and smooth as always, havent gotten a chance to test Cobb TC since its rainy here too.

Can't wait to try mine out. Just hit my inbox about a minute ago. Of course, I'm a moron and forgot to list my upgraded intercooler on the order form, but it'll give me a chance to see if I like the traction control and crackles before reordering properly. Lol!

5 hour turnaround time is impressive!

Great to hear that you are starting to try and enjoy the new updated tunes. I can't always answer questions directly on here so if you guys have an urgent question, contact us via our website, or phone.

Keep the impressions coming and thank you!

Just went for a quick spin with the new tune. The pops and crackles sound fantastic coming out of my Cobb CBE. Noticeable, but not tacky loud. Very happy!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Flashed latest crackle map but haven't had a chance to datalog any pulls, pouring rain here. The crackles and pops are much more pronounced that is for sure. I'm on stock downpipe and exhaust and it sounds like a party behind my car, I love it.

Anxious to datalogs and compare to the previous map.

Cliff's: latest crackle tune on stock exhaust and downpipe is definitely noticeable. Love it.
Thanks for that info! [thumb]

I will be sure to get a second, duplicate flash map but without the crackles, so I do not have my neighbors slashing my tires after coming home late at night with this feature on. LOL

So got a good chance to test it out, the v2 crackles are very noticeable on the stock exhaust, and Im not sure if they be too much when I get my catback on or not but well see.... Also just something to note, I assume this is caused by the crackles but upon taking your foot off the throttle the car now engine brakes harder (again I assume because the crackles) and almost jerks you forward a little harder every time your not easy letting off the gas as the crackles start. Power feels great and smooth as always, havent gotten a chance to test Cobb TC since its rainy here too.
I do not have that symptom.

Based

On the stock exhaust, are the crackles actually a gunshot sound or is it just a rumble or burble sound?

On the stock exhaust, are the crackles actually a gunshot sound or is it just a rumble or burble sound?
I have a mix. The loudest kind of sounds like popping a small full balloon and the rest sounds like popping a smaller deflated balloon.

TUX15ST

i do not have that symptom.
i think the reason i noticed it more was because i was stuck in a lot of traffic yesterday so i was just moving a little at a time and really felt it coming off first hard. On my drive to work today i really didnt feel it at all in normal driving