Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

XXR550 17x8.25

Hey everyone, I am trying to get some answers about these rims on my fiesta. Currently i am running stock suspension. I am wondering if 17x 8.25 XXR 550's will fit properly. I have seen one car with them and they look absolutely rad. Also, will the stock rubber stretch out to these? Do you think i will need fender rolling? And help would be greatly appreciated as I am still learning all about tire geometry and fitment.

Thanks hqdefault.jpg

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
It depends on the offset and how low you intend to go. Stock tires should stretched over 8.25 without any issues.

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
It depends on the offset and how low you intend to go. Stock tires should stretched over 8.25 without any issues.
Offset is ET36. And I was thinking Cobb lowering springs or mountune for now

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Offset is ET36. And I was thinking Cobb lowering springs or mountune for now
That's going to be a tight squeeze in there, I'd probably suggest going to coilovers rather than springs so that you can adjust the height so that it doesn't rub.

OP
C
Thread Starter #5
That's going to be a tight squeeze in there, I'd probably suggest going to coilovers rather than springs so that you can adjust the height so that it doesn't rub.
Stock suspension shouldn't be an issue though? Also, what coil overs do you feel are the best for the fiesta. Price and quality? BC racing? H&R?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Stock suspension shouldn't be an issue though? Also, what coil overs do you feel are the best for the fiesta. Price and quality? BC racing? H&R?
Stock you should be fine. I have BC Racing on mine and I'm really happy with them, great build quality and superb handling.

OP
C
Thread Starter #7
good to know. looking forward to improving the stance. Im thinking i might do a fender roll in the meantime before i go spending the money on coilovers

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Those are pretty heavy wheels which will reduce all aspects of handling compared to getting a lighter weight wheel, also effected is ride quality and adds more wear on the chassis. Some areas not often considered or fully understood and some just do not care as want the style more than performance, I just want to make sure it is understood by those that might not be aware of it.

Have a great weekend:)
Rick

OP
C
Thread Starter #10
Any idea what wheels of better quality would sit/look similar to these but would be lighter?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Something to think about, one more mod and you can have these which will pay for itself in huge all around performance dividends.

17x8, 16.8 lbs, roll formed so very strong, Konig made Advanti Storm, several colors, $179 each.
15x7,8,9 also available, start at $119 and up.
16x8 coming later in the year.

17x8, 14.8lbs, roll formed, 6UL, several colors, $219-239 each.
15x7,8,9,10,11 available as well, start at $159 and up.

16x8, 14.8lbs, roll formed, Enkei RPF1, $219 each.

NOTE! unfortunately they are all 4x100, I converted to it with 293 miles on the car so I could get great low weight wheels for great prices.

I have somebody trying to get the Storm made in 4x108 but not likely and if it does happen it would be a long wait.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Those storms in our pattern would be epic! [MENTION=636]RAAMaudio[/MENTION] , also I have to thank you for your reco on the Winners, love them and online pics don't do these wheels justice! [^]

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I would of had the Storms long ago but would not fit over my brakes so I had Dial In's at first but the Helix really got me going and the spokes are not out in the wind as much, less chance for curb damage, stronger design...reminds me that I still have a set of 15x9 Dial In wheels I need to sell.

Glad you like the Winners, damn nice and well made wheel for the money:)

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I would of had the Storms long ago but would not fit over my brakes so I had Dial In's at first but the Helix really got me going and the spokes are not out in the wind as much, less chance for curb damage, stronger design...reminds me that I still have a set of 15x9 Dial In wheels I need to sell.

Glad you like the Winners, damn nice and well made wheel for the money:)
Very very well made for the money, the DT that I purchased mines from told me it was he last set in the country[rofl] they are much more convex in person for anyone that's curious. If the wiinnee a were 8inches wide and 35et, they would be perfect!![readthis]

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The winners are like the other Konig wheels with spokes going out to the rim edge, a very strong design and makes the wheels look a bit bigger than they are. I have 15x9 Helix in black and with the color next to the tires, spokes all the way out, they look more like 16 or 16.5 than 15's, nice side benefit.