Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Morimoto 2Stroke LED headlight kit - the future of LEDs

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #21
Yes, caps are included always. I admittedly havent tested them in a Fiesta light--sold the car before we got these in.
Do the caps have a cut out for the ballast wiring? I know the Fiesta has the bulb connector inside the housing, so would I just shove the ballast in there and hope it fits or put it on the outside of the housing through a cutout in the cap?

Do the caps have a cut out for the ballast wiring? I know the Fiesta has the bulb connector inside the housing, so would I just shove the ballast in there and hope it fits or put it on the outside of the housing through a cutout in the cap?
It's designed to keep all of the wiring inside the headlight, and there is sufficient space for the driver / ballast to fit inside the Fiesta headlight with ease. Therefore, if you must extend the housing cap to clear the bulb, it is a sealed cap and just allows you to extend the sealed housing to make extra clearance.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
Cool, thanks for the info.

The color output is 6000k correct? I saw a few different Facebook posts ranging from 5000k, 5500k and 6000k.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ugh that starts going blue-ish. Really was hoping it would be around 5k

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
I haven't seen any of these LED offerings in 5000k, I wonder why that is.

And do you see there being any fitment issues with the bulb itself? [MENTION=3577]trsandrew[/MENTION]

[MENTION=3577]trsandrew[/MENTION] any chance of a discount code, going to go the dangerous route of asking the wife..... (just got a shiftknob and AP).... O____O;

KKaWing

Leave it in the cart for a 10% off after a day or two.

Placed my order... maybe someone at TRS could strap a rocket on the snail for the USPS to Canada package :p yeah I'm that cheap X_X;

Edit: oops I forgot the lighting pun... uhhh... I hope I didn't make a glaring mistake with the shipping option ^^;
Edit2: uh oh... forgot about the looming Canada Post strike lol. Hope the package doesn't get lost. Just hope it gets here before the end of summer lol.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #29
Ugh that starts going blue-ish. Really was hoping it would be around 5k
You can see the pictures in this thread. It's not bluish. :)

I haven't seen any of these LED offerings in 5000k, I wonder why that is.

And do you see there being any fitment issues with the bulb itself? [MENTION=3577]trsandrew[/MENTION]
I have no way to know. As mentioned, I had no way to test it on my Fiesta before getting out of it, unfortunately.

[MENTION=3577]trsandrew[/MENTION] any chance of a discount code, going to go the dangerous route of asking the wife..... (just got a shiftknob and AP).... O____O;
I recommend making an account on our site and signing up for a newsletter. :)

KKaWing

So depending on how deep these bulbs go outward compared to a standard halogen H11 bulb, we may need extended headlight boot "cups." I went ahead and ordered a set just in case. It looks like the kit includes 60mm caps and our car used 3.5" (90mm) boots.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Retrofit...m464f56f2e3:m:mslWQsRtV3AZ_pD2OrSsWAA&vxp=mtr
Depends on how well the stock "cups" are able to be cut, the replacement caps have a groove and are designed to slip over the old cap after you make a hole in it.

Edit: oh there's about one finger gap between the base of the bulb (not including the connector) and the housing.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #33
That would certainly work, but I'd much rather spend $10 than cut stock parts.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #34
Received the lights today. They are super nice. Here are some pics out the shipping box:

One problem though, look how huge the bulb is.

Compared to an H11 bulb.

I'm 99% sure these won't fit, not without removing the headlights, anyway. Luckily I'm removing my bumper on Saturday for FMIC install so I will try putting them in when the lights are out, but for now I couldn't get them in just by standing in front of the car and installing like a regular H11. The "piston head" part of the bulb is too large, may require trimming away at the outer opening of the headlight assembly with a dremel to get the space needed for the bulb. More to come on Saturday. If you haven't received yours yet, do yourself a favor and leave the package sealed until I figure this out. There may be some returns taking place on your end if this doesn't work for me.

I didn't order yet. But once I hear no mod required... I'm gonna break out the cc and cry a bit.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #39
I made it work. I have one side complete. Lets just say minor modification is required, but luckily nothing too serious (in my opinion).

Need to start on the second one, pictures in a few hours.