Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Meth Injection - Installation, Use, and Expectations Thread

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
But I will STILL rather pull weight out of the car, regardless of cost, before dealing with $35.00(+?)/gallon, clear burning/highly volatile fluid INSIDE of the car, or even in the washer bottle (this is my ONLY, daily driven, year 'round car, so I NEED those washers to be functional.) [wink]
[MENTION=2085]Sondi[/MENTION] is claiming +50HP on meth. How much of your interior are you willing to strip to find that kind of increase in performance?

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
But I will STILL rather pull weight out of the car, regardless of cost, before dealing with $35.00(+?)/gallon, clear burning/highly volatile fluid INSIDE of the car, or even in the washer bottle (this is my ONLY, daily driven, year 'round car, so I NEED those washers to be functional.) [wink]

[MENTION=2085]Sondi[/MENTION] is claiming +50HP on meth. How much of your interior are you willing to strip to find that kind of increase in performance?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It does NOT matter, because IF I do not need it (the extra 50 HP), I do not need it, so the bother/risk (to ME, even if I am the ONLY one who thinks that it is a risk!) of WMI becomes even that much less 'worth it' to me.
Besides, IF it came down to it, I would rather ride around on the street with NOTHING but a seat and aftermarket steering wheel in the car than a tank with that stuff in the interior.

I find it quite funny how most on here think that if they do away with the exploding whoopee cushions, they WILL DIE, no matter what, but are perfectly willing to drive around with a tank of highly flammable/volatile fluid inside the car, not even shielded, or in a certified fuel cell, which is ready to douse them in something that cannot even be seen when it burns. [???:)]
NO THANK YOU, I will do without it, and find another (ANY other) way, OR get a car with much more power to begin with.

YOU of all people on here should understand this with your multiple posts referring to being happy with none to minimal mods, or modding to a certain level and being PERFECTLY content at that point, regardless of, and despite, the pressures/slights/sense of superiority from, those who have and think EVERYONE needs/has to have 450 to the wheels, minimum. [wink]

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
50whp? If your running out of fuel at 300whp.... yea.... it can/does happen. I went from about 300whp, 310whp on 93oct running out of fuel, to adding another 6psi and enough meth to get me to 363whp.
The Volvo turbo I use is tiny bit larger and smaller than a 2860, so... Sondi is about spot on.
But really.... on a stock turbo... it's not going to work the same way, just from trading some 93oct for some meh. Adding octane and charge cooling is not going to add 50whp. But... if it lets you add about 3-10psi, then... It's a huge deal.
You could add Aux fuel and get a lot of the same power.
That being said, I'm prob the person on this forum that has been shouting at everyone to do WMI for the longest. It's a game changer. Not without its down sides. But... I love it.

I'll have to look up my pump gas graphs... that one is meth and 93oct

--------------------/-----/-/-:-:/-/-/-/-/-:-:-:-::-

Check out the AFR's. No meth. 93oct. Much lower boost etc.

So.... if meth fills the fuel gap, adds octane, adds charge cooling, and lets you add 3-10psi, it really can be a beast of a mod.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
You know something, it's a MOOT point, since I am still on the factory nano snail, and (REGARDLESS of what size/type of aftermarket hair dryer I ever do choose), if it is NOT for me, it is NOT for me.
(I would rather drive around with nothing but a shell driver's seat and an aftermarket steering wheel left inside, than have a tank of that stuff in the car with me, IF it ever came down to a choice, as I need a loaded 'luxury car' the absolute least of anyone on here. LOL)

Since you seem to be one of the most staunch proponents of being content with none to minimal mods (IF I read the posts correctly?), and factory (or just slightly above) power levels on this whole site, YOU should fully understand the above. [wink]

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
You know something, it's a MOOT point, since I am still on the factory nano snail, and (REGARDLESS of what size/type of aftermarket hair dryer I ever do choose), if it is NOT for me, it is NOT for me.
(I would rather drive around with nothing but a shell driver's seat and an aftermarket steering wheel left inside, than have a tank of that stuff in the car with me, IF it ever came down to a choice, as I need a loaded 'luxury car' the absolute least of anyone on here. LOL)

Since you seem to be one of the most staunch proponents of being content with none to minimal mods (IF I read the posts correctly?), and factory (or just slightly above) power levels on this whole site, YOU should fully understand the above. [wink]
If it's not for you ( or anyone else ). I personally SUPER UNDERSTAND THAT. Other people should too. You put a lot on the line when you tune for that extra 50whp like I did. Any failure to deliver fuel in that situation is pretty much instantly mean you need a new motor or at least a head gasket.

100% meth is hard to find. And 50/50 isn't 100%.
It's a bitch of an install if you want it done nice. Not that it's impossible or anything. Just time consuming and requires some skill/experience to make it right.

It's not super cheap by the time it's installed and working tuned.

It's one more thing to check and think about.

So it's not for everyone all the time.

The question I do have, because I have this question a lot because it's a big issue around this forum..... if Meth "is not for you" ( which I totally get ), then why are you poking your head in the thread ?

I only say something because of course I'm consistently confronted with people in my threads that have zero interest in actually buying, installing, or tuning a turbo, but they come in and cause trouble. Not saying that's happening here, just wondering what the logic of posting is.

Don't see me posting in "shift knob threads", know why? Cause I ant buying or installing no shift knobs lol. So why would I post in threads about it?

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
You might have me confused with someone else. I think that a 350hp FiST would be a blast and will probably go with WMI after I get a full season of AX in STX under my belt.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
If it's not for you ( or anyone else ). I personally SUPER UNDERSTAND THAT. Other people should too. You put a lot on the line when you tune for that extra 50whp like I did. Any failure to deliver fuel in that situation is pretty much instantly mean you need a new motor or at least a head gasket.

100% meth is hard to find. And 50/50 isn't 100%.
It's a bitch of an install if you want it done nice. Not that it's impossible or anything. Just time consuming and requires some skill/experience to make it right.

It's not super cheap by the time it's installed and working tuned.

It's one more thing to check and think about.

So it's not for everyone all the time.

The question I do have, because I have this question a lot because it's a big issue around this forum..... if Meth "is not for you" ( which I totally get ), then why are you poking your head in the thread ?

I only say something because of course I'm consistently confronted with people in my threads that have zero interest in actually buying, installing, or tuning a turbo, but they come in and cause trouble. Not saying that's happening here, just wondering what the logic of posting is.

Don't see me posting in "shift knob threads", know why? Cause I ant buying or installing no shift knobs lol. So why would I post in threads about it?
Lol good point , too many keyboard heros here and even more window shoppers. Maybe he just wants to gain knowledge and not buy the parts[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I did not know it was a CRIME on here to try and gain knowledge about something, just because I do not plan on using it at all.

WHY does everyone think that because one either goes to, or is even thinking about a hybrid/BT kit in the future (which I AM considering, IF I have the funds), one MUST use WMI, or even aux fueling because they just CANNOT be satisfied with whatever power level they can get out of a SAFE 93 tune, or an E30/40 blend tune (IF they can get that easily enough)? [dunno]

Sour Skittles; I NEVER ONCE even thought about knocking your products/setups, and the same goes for DHM as well, and as far as I know, neither of you actually produce/market your OWN WMI kits, although I know you sell/tune other companies' products (Snow/AEM/whatever), correct?
This thread was also not started by you, so PLEASE do NOT lump me in with Masonsturbos/etc. on your list of disserz.

Your setup (whatever it may be if and when I decide to move from the factory snail) is the FIRST one I would consider for a hybrid, and I also never once said that WMI was no good, not necessary, or anything less than great and perfect for OTHERS (it may be the ONLY route possible for some/many).

I'll tell you what, I PROMISE to stay out of threads about mods/products I don't plan on getting within the next month or sooner, from now on, since it bothers so many on here. (On other sites I've been on one gets critiqued for LURKING, here we get blasted for participating, unless we are buying, or have already bought, the WHOLE store. [:(] )

Will that make everyone happy again?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Lol good point , too many keyboard heros here and even more window shoppers.
I do NOT see a warning/disclaimer on the home page of this site which states it is ONLY for those with a mile long list of mods in their sig, and at least a hybrid setup on their rides, but maybe I missed that? [???:)]

Once again, GOOD FOR YOU!! (eric?) [thumb]

You do realize that the mixture that most run 60/40, 50/50 are similar to what -20* and lower temp windshield washer fluid is right? You'd probably have no problem having that in the car, or running to the gas station with a can in the hatch to fill up your yard tools. It's literally no worse than either of those.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
M-sport fan I thought you just posted that you were not interested in this... guess I'm confused now. I'd understand if you were.

I have two different threads were I talk about installing meth injection, post pics and even detail my setup.

You have to search to find them.

I've actually had two different meth setup's.

I also do not sell ANY meth injection systems or brands. I even refuse to promote the setup I run because the main piece that makes it possible is built by one company and they totally lost my business last time I PM'd them.

If someone was ACTUALLY wanting info on meth injection, they could search my screen name and find it. But since it's not convenient.... and people prob don't ACTUALLY CARE, then... it can stay in the past.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I don't understand why people are ragging on M-sport. The thread was started and he had questions. There are probably questions he's asked that other people have (or didn't know they had) that could be answered. There is absolutely nothing wrong with acquiring knowledge. There's been an anti-intellectualism virus spreading around here lately, as well as a lofty equine contagion...wish we had a vaccine.

Some Guy On The Internet

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I don't understand why people are ragging on M-sport. The thread was started and he had questions. There are probably questions he's asked that other people have (or didn't know they had) that could be answered. There is absolutely nothing wrong with acquiring knowledge. There's been an anti-intellectualism virus spreading around here lately, as well as a lofty equine contagion...wish we had a vaccine.
THANK YOU Hijinx!!!

I knew there was a reason I liked you as I always sensed a smart, witty, INTELLIGENT sense of humor which usually stops short of all out scathing (unless that is really called for), and a fair rejection of the 'group think-gang up, pile-on' mentality sometimes (or even OFTEN) on display here.

There is also a refreshing lack of an overt, chest beating superiority attitude on your part for actually HAVING one of the top power setups (IF not THE top power setup) both on here, and probably on the street ANYWHERE for these cars (so I would/could not even blame you FOR having said attitude!). [twothumb] [coolsmile]

Based

Guys it's not that serious it's just cars

OP
B
Thread Starter #99
msport, for what it is worth I started this thread to find out exact details to set up wmi on my car. my perceived need is due to my experience with the x37 hybrid. specifically when temps are hotter than 85 there is a definite drop in power. the mountune aftermarket ic is not cutting it. while I realize a race cooler is needed I wanted to experiment with wmi to control inlet temps. but I did not want to experiment with the install, lol. btw thanks for any install details and still welcome more info in that regard. boyracer.

TempeST

Sorry guys, late getting back but here is how I ran my setup. this is Temporary though as I am going to hide the tank as well, partially under the hatch hide away exactly where it is but lower and just above the Pump. then i will build a small capet cover to go over it with the same black looking felt stuff so that it looks like it was like that from the factory. :) Keeping it sneaky. My controller will be stowed away in the driver side rear compartment that is like a little pocket. I like the car looking stock. also Since I have the CP-e Cold charge pipe with the meth bung that is on the under side of the pipe you can't even tell it has meth either. I have my led ran just above the steering column and under the gauges, so you cannot see it at all unless it is lit up. i have an on/off switch under my steering column that you cannot see that i can turn it on by just flipping the switch. I like stealth. haha, although my Bright red intercooler doesn't agree. Some pics of the temporary setup... more to come of the Final product.

IMG_3730.JPG IMG_3729.JPG IMG_3728.JPG