Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

INSTALL GUIDE: European headlight installation with LED headlight bulbs and LED running light wiring

What are people doing for HIDs now that Xenon supply is closed? I got my Euro's, but i'm still running the stock bulbs, wanting to upgrade.

I'm running philips x-treme vision bulbs, pretty impressed with the lighting performance --had them in my stock headlamps too. I think some others are using osram rallye which I believe is a bit higher wattage so probably brighter.

I was worried the halogen would look bad next to the LED strip, but the LED strip isn't too cold and the projectors have a very colorful cutoff which makes them look cooler temperature from most angles.

I did buy HID ballasts from TRS while trying to source the modified h7 from xenonsupply. It's basically just trimming the base so that there's also a tab on the opposite side, right? Something that would be pretty easy to do with some sort of precise cutting tool (a dremel, but i'd worry about the dust).

The H7 "tab" is inset within the circle of the base, it doesn't stick out, so you just have to snip two little vaguely triangular pieces.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #365
Keep an eye on this thread guys, I may have found a way to make HID work successfully.

Random side question: when you guys received your tracking information, how did it work once the package reached the states? I have a tracking# for the international company, but I wasn't sure if they update me with the new tracking# from USPS, or do I need to contact USPS directly or...? Thanks!

-Matt

I received tracking info directly from Foray once the order was confirmed and shipped. It arrived much quicker than I thought. Something like 3-4 days. I was busy at the time and it arrived before I even got around to checking the tracking info. I also requested that they add "Fragile" tape which seemed to help the handling process.

Gotcha, thanks for the info. Was just curious if they actually updated you guys with info once the packaged arrived here, or if it was just blind waiting at that point until they were delivered.

-Matt

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #374
oh yeah good news on those diadem bulbs

the pictured bulb is: http://store.candlepower.com/7507dla.html

their model for the rear turn signals works as well, though the little tabs on the bulb don't match up well so it takes a tiny amount of effort.
Just what I was looking for and I've done business with this site before. Plus, I can trust Osram bulbs to last. Thanks for that.

Just what I was looking for and I've done business with this site before. Plus, I can trust Osram bulbs to last. Thanks for that.
Yeah love candlepower. Ugly site, great to do business with. Plus they're probably the only source around for some more arcane incandescent bulbs.

If you bought the rear turn signals as well, and you care about things being correct/proper, you'll want to dremel the tabs on the bulb side of the plug. I just.. shoved them in, which felt like it could have broken the bulbs but I got lucky. Hope they never burn out!

So I placed an order for a set of headlights with Wendy on 2/1. Ordering process went off without a hitch. Parcel Force was the shipping company that handled the package until it made it's way to the states on 2/5 (New York to be precise). Tracking from that point on via the Parcel Force website stopped, however I did call USPS and spoke to a representative on the phone and although they were unable to provide a USPS tracking number, they were still able to pull up tracking information on their end. Package arrived at the sorting facility here in central CA yesterday, and it was delivered earlier today.

At first I was apprehensive because I noticed about a fist sized hole in one of the bottom portions of the box, however I can tell you as I started to open it, I have never in my life received something so well packed (and by packed, I mean bubble wrap and the likes). It honestly took me about 5 minutes to actually get all of the bubble wrapping off of the headlights, I had to use scissors because it was taking to long to unravel it lol. Long story short, the lights appear to be in flawless condition. All tabs are unbroken, and nothing inside of the lights looks or sounds to be dislodged. Obviously I won't know if everything is in perfect working order until the install is complete, but so far I can say that I am pleased with the overall process. I did send a thank you email to Wendy just a short while ago.

Planning on picking up one of those test probe kits mentioned in the original post locally tomorrow so I can get these installed asap. Anyone who's done the single wire mod, any other tips/tricks to note besides those posted in this thread? I'm not going to be jumping into any LED/HID configurations at this point. I plan on installing the lights with the stock halogens in place, however I do have a set of the earlier mentioned Osram Rallye H7 bulbs en route which should be arriving either tomorrow or the day after.

-Matt

Would that cause issues in this housing being a higher wattage than factory?
What I've gathered so far is that the Rallye bulb is actually an H9 bulb that utilizes an H7 base. So if you google H11 to H9 bulb mods, which people do across a lot of different car makes/models, you can find a small amount of feedback about it. From the posts I have seen, most individuals have run H9 bulbs without issue. The overall wattage increase is about 18%, which stock wiring is able to handle. I haven't found any specific incidents of people reporting melted harnesses and/or burnt projector housings from the increase in heat. Most of the stories seem to be 'friend of a friend' sort of anecdotal evidence. I'm still going to continue to search for more info however before I toss them in.

-Matt