Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Did you know your Fiesta ST could.....("secret" features thread)

Sekred

1000 Post Club
It continues to “hold” even after you’ve entered the friction zone of the clutch so I can’t feel the true engagement point. Perhaps, ultimately, I don’t like anything that modifies the actual mechanical function or feel of the vehicle. I went many years without stalling a manual (that includes some time in San Francisco with those hills!) but I bought my Abarth, my first car with hill assist, and stalled it a few times a week until I figured out I could disable it. The fiesta is a little different, it still holds after the initial bite of the clutch but it still feels odd.
^^^ What Clint said, you can notice a slight drag between when the clutch starts to engage and the hill assist releases. I disabled mine because of this too.

I only posted the Thompson song because that was the very first time I've ever heard the term "motorbike" used, but yeah, they are the unicorns of scoots. [wink]
GREAT tune though, from one of my FAVE Brit singer-songwriters ever (just listen to that finger picking, it sounds like more than one guitar). [:)] [like]
We got this a bit off topic didn't we? The only context I really remember Richard Thomson in was when he was in Fairport Convention when even I was young ( I went to see them a few times) - he didn't re-appear on my radar afterwards. Never heard any of his later stuff, but the song you posted did have some pretty good pickin', Will explore. My fave guitar player of late is Chris Smithers, particularly his "Train Home" Album.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go out and test to see if hill assist affects my clutch feel. If it does, I won't use it anymore, as it would make me feel that I don't have a symbiotic relationship with my car, even though I would roll backward on hill starts because I cant't drive a manual tranny.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
It doesn't. The drag they're feeling is called physics. The car wants to roll backwards as soon as the brake is released, so of course the clutch will feel different since it has to overcome the inertia of the car rolling downhill. Gotta love physics.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I would not assume that others can't tell the difference between resistance that is generated from a *brake* versus a *hill*. Some are more sensitive to the feel of a clutch on a manual transmission. I've bought only manual transmission vehicles.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
There is a switch on the clutch pedal so I will assume it sends a signal to the ABS ECU to release the brakes as the clutch engages, maybe the position of the switch has some adjustment.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Just a tip, more than a "secret feature".

If you want the interior lights to activate after ignition off, unlock the door prior to ignition off.

They will stay lit for only about a minute, memory serving.

If anyone has discovered a way of activating all of the interior lights, that doesn't involve opening an entry way or individually pressing all the light switches, let me know.

If anyone has discovered a way of activating all of the interior lights, that doesn't involve opening an entry way or individually pressing all the light switches, let me know.
this.
or a way to make them come on at ignition off all the time. miss that from my svt.

What are the push in black tabs in the rear hatch for? They are right above the shopping bag clips kinda part of the trunk cover lid. I for the life of me think of what it's for. Probably nothing but I have to know haha

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Found out something today on my 17, it auto matches revs on up shifts, as in if you're doing 40 in 3rd, and push in the clutch, it will drop down to the exact revs required for 4th gear. It only does the next gear so skipping, IE 3-5, doesn't work.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I believe they all do that. I had that disabled on my 17 though. I hate it. It doesn't let me skip gears smoothly

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Did y'all know your Fiesta could get fuel economy as bad as this? PM me if you want to know the secret.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
What are the push in black tabs in the rear hatch for? They are right above the shopping bag clips kinda part of the trunk cover lid. I for the life of me think of what it's for. Probably nothing but I have to know haha
Good question, they hold the hatch floor in place when you lift it up to about a 45 degree angle. So they do have a purpose.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Found out something today on my 17, it auto matches revs on up shifts, as in if you're doing 40 in 3rd, and push in the clutch, it will drop down to the exact revs required for 4th gear. It only does the next gear so skipping, IE 3-5, doesn't work.
I believe they all do that. I had that disabled on my 17 though. I hate it. It doesn't let me skip gears smoothly
Yes, I've noticed it also, particularly after squirting to a speed then coasting with the engine disengaged; but suspect it has another benefit... it saves the turbo.

The manual warns against powering off the engine until the RPMs fall because this has the potential to starve the turbo; which continues to spin for a period after engagement. It makes sense that they programmed the ECU to "Rev hang" in order to make sure that the oil pump continues to supply the turbo with sufficient lubrication until it gets a chance to spool down.

I'd recommend re-enabling it.

The only hidden feature that I think hasn't been mentioned is that there is something that comes with the car called an "Owners Manual". Inside this "Owners Manual" it lists just about all of these "Secret Features".... pretty neat that they do that eh?

I've noticed that, in first gear, the car resists stalling when you take your foot off the gas pedal at a very low speed. I found this out while stuck in a five-hour traffic jam. Needless to say, that discovery was the only high point of that irritating experience.

Also, another thing I've discovered is: If you hold down the voice command button on the steering wheel, it will summon Siri instead of SYNC.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
What I haven’t seen here yet:

You can voice control HVAC. I believe the command is Climate Control...Set Temperature...XX°. Pretty useless since you could change it several times before you could finish by voice, but the option is there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk