Did you know your Fiesta ST could.....("secret" features thread)

Member ID
I use the hatch unlock thing every time I open the hatch. Is this not a thing everyone knows? Only time I've used the hatch unlock button on the remote is to let someone else in when I'm a short distance from the car.

I have a '16. The wiper doesn't do an extra sweep after using the washer fluid. I have to do it manually if ever needed.

I'll have to check for the glove box strap.

I have factory nav, so I do have the weather map. I'll have to try out the voice command, but I have used it a couple times on road trips. The zoom feature on the map is not very useful. One point isn't zoomed in enough and then the next point is zoomed in way too much. Better than nothing I suppose. You do have to have factory nav for this. My car came with 5 years of free Sirius Travel Link. I only got 6 months of Sirius radio, but the travel link is 5 years. It hasn't been useful enough for me to pay for it, but it's nice enough to have since it came with it.

I have had a low pressure warning and light come on when I had a screw in my tire. It didn't talk to me. Again, I have a 2016. I got a message on the touchscreen for it, it dinged at me, and of course the tire pressure light. No voice. As for the no sensors detected, it dings at me upon startup, issues a warning on the touchscreen, and the tire pressure light blinks for a bit and stays solid. No voice for that either. I've swapped wheels back and forth a few times so if I don't pair it I go through that until I get around to doing the pairing.

I tested out the two heights for the hatch cover before. It doesn't work as well with the ST because it has a full sized spare. You can get it down, but it requires a tight fit. I like keeping stuff under the cover so I leave it up.

The hill assist uses the car's brakes. It holds for about 5 seconds I believe. It's nice until you drive a manual without it and realize you forgot how to start on a hill correctly. That being said I keep the assist on anyway.

The front DC jack stays on infinitely for my 2016. I believe the rear may as well, but I didn't test. I had my dashcam temporarily connected to the front one for a little while and it never shut off.

I never looked for the hooks in the hatch. I'll try and remember in case they might come in handy.

Something I didn't know for awhile into my ownership since I never had a hatch before, you can spray washer fluid on the rear window. I think you pull the wiper stalk all the way toward you. Probably something most know, but in case you didn't. I found that out on here.

Most that have Sync 3 probably already know, but you can turn on Android Auto and use Google Maps or Waze navigation directly on your screen as well as everything else Android Auto does. Phone must be plugged into a USB port. Not applicable to My Ford Touch. I use this periodically because the maps on the onboard nav are out of date in some areas... Music from your car will continue to play if you open Android Auto and don't select any audio stuff within AA. Handy for me because I don't keep music on my phone or stream music. I mostly play music from my USB flash drive.

Member ID
I hate to muddy up this thread but is there some way to pause music without reaching for the display or asking Siri to pause (in my case)? I was hoping there was a way to play/pause with the steering wheel controls.

Zissou

Member ID
I hate to muddy up this thread but is there some way to pause music without reaching for the display or asking Siri to pause (in my case)? I was hoping there was a way to play/pause with the steering wheel controls.
No button on the steering wheel, but you can click to voice control button shortly to have sync pause it. Or do the long button press for Siri.

XanRules

Member ID
Alright, coffee hasn't kicked in so let's see how my words work: you know how you can pull the wiper stalk towards you to just run the front wipers once, like a "mist" setting? If you do that immediately after startup, as I so often do to clear morning dew off the windshield, both the front and rear wipers will activate once.

Also, I didn't know about the ambient interior lighting when I bought the car.

zanethan

Member ID
Alright, coffee hasn't kicked in so let's see how my words work: you know how you can pull the wiper stalk towards you to just run the front wipers once, like a "mist" setting? If you do that immediately after startup, as I so often do to clear morning dew off the windshield, both the front and rear wipers will activate once.

It only does that if it's in reverse I believe.

Member ID

You can press it down too for a single wipe

The features that I love are if you set the wipers to intermittent wipe while the headlights are in auto. The headlights will come on with the wipers (to improve your visibility and to help other cars see you). As well as automatically putting the rear wiper on when you go into reverse. Very handy on rainy days

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Member ID
The headlight when wipe "feature" is actually a government mandate. They require headlights whenever the wipers are run. They obviously don't light with a single wipe, but will come on when set in delay/low/high for more than several seconds.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Member ID
People actually uee the fob to lock/unlock the doors and trunk? Lol that's so 2010

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Member ID
False. Either that or my 2017 is broken. I'll bet you're just wrong. As usual.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Member ID
WHEN THE CAR IS OFF, IF YOU PULL THE HIGH BEAM STALK TOWARD YOU THE LIGHTS WILL FLASH ON AND THEN DING AND THEN STAY ON
Other cars flash it on and off, but not the Fiesta. The "ding" is to remind you to pull the stalk again to turn them off. Very intuitive.
Didn't know that, works on my 2015 (don't know why, though)

THE CAR HAS A WEATHER MAP
Just push the prompt on the steering wheel, say "weather map", and there you have it. Zoom in, zoom out. It also tells you movie times and a few other neat things. I use the weather feature almost daily. Has current and 5-day too.
This must be for 2106 and up Sync equipped, doesn't work on my MyTouch (which does have Traffic, though)

THE CAR HAS A HILL HOLDER CLUTCH!
Most of us knew this, but I remember when I accidentally discovered it in the beginning, I was pleasantly surprised.
The nicest thing about Hill Assist is you can turn it off (bothers the hell out of me) The worst thing about it is it keeps coming back on, all by itself (trying to figure out if it has anything to do with shutting off the nannies, but I don't think it does)

My 2015 console aux power stays on all the time (My DDpai dashcam is plugged into it, shuts itself off after 10 minutes but is able to turn back on if the car is disturbed)

Another feature some people have been surprised by in the past: If you push your turn signal stalk down part way (left or right) the indicators will blink 3 times.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Member ID
............. .................... [Hill Assist] .... keeps coming back on, all by itself (trying to figure out if it has anything to do with shutting off the nannies, but I don't think it does)
Found out about the turn sig (and most other features) reading the manual. Yeah I use that all the time. :) Some vehicles with lane assist tech are starting to hands-free auto-sig. Cancellation behavior on our seems inconsistent. Flipping back the other way sometimes it actually cancels the remaining one or two sigs, sometimes it then signals three times to the other direction.

For my 2016, Hill Assist has stayed off from the first time I turned it off near purchase... even after battery disconnect and experimenting with the nanny features. Having it reactivate would be super annoying! Might a factory reset (or whatever they call it) have an impact? Does dealer service have any comment on it? Any modifications or past history with sensor codes that might explain it?

Member ID
I knew about the turn signal thing before I bought the car and I use it all the time. No use to hold the stalk or put it all the way down just to change lanes if it's not going to stay on long.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Member ID
Why don't people like the hill assist?
Some have stated that they don't want to get too used to it, nor become too dependent on it, in case they either change to a personal/main use different car which does not have it, or must drive another manual in their current household which does not have this feature.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Member ID
Two reasons for me. It made it difficult to learn the true "friction point" for the clutch. On an intermittent basis, it also seems to hold the vehicle slightly longer than is necessary, potentially increasing clutch wear. To add a third reason, just chalk it up to "personal preference". One less nanny feature... [wink]

Member ID
I just don't need it, never did; I've been driving standard for 49 years (I'm 63).

My driveway is on a slant, so when it comes back on, that short failure to roll back irritates the hell out of me.