Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

4th attempted fix and my RECARO seat is still squeaking, Don't want to lemon the car but I meet the criteria...

So I don't feel like going into too much detail right now, you can look at my post history for that, but the dealership has attempted to fix my drivers side RECARO squeaking 4 times (technically 5) and I just want this fucking seat fixed, but I learned I'm eligible to Lemon Law the car. I do not want to do that. Without going into too much detail here are the attempted fixes on the seat:

0. Replacing part of the bottom chassis, the replacement part was broken

1. They finally got the replacement part in, and installed

1.5. Had to bring it back to repair the panels they damaged while taking the seat out

2. Brought it back because it would not engage the bottom rails properly, it was squeaking again, and there was a part of a spring/loose wires hanging from the seat

3. Started squeaking when I was taking it in to have more damaged panels replaced from fix 2, so they insulated the chassis with leather or some shit

4. The "last part to replace" (upper chassis) was replaced

4.5 Currently waiting for MORE panels to come in because they damaged more shit while taking the seat out and its squeaking again

But wait, its still fucking squeaking. I can move it along the bottom rails and it will stop, for a little. Usually the next time I get in it starts squeaking. I also had to drop it off for the tech to look at it every time, so right now the total days its been at the shop is at 12. I bought the car in August of '16. I asked to have the entire seat replaced, but was told that they cant get a complete seat to replace. And I should say this isn't some intermittent tiny squeak, I can hear it over the exhaust, over music and it happens every single time I move. Clutch in, clutch out, braking, accelerating, when I shift for fucks sake- its driving me insane.

Right now I qualify for the 4+ attempted fixes to Lemon Law her, but I really don't want to do that. I just want a new seat, so I'm trying to get a hold of a [MENTION=582]FordService[/MENTION] rep on here. I'm at work so I cant call customer service right now, but I will be doing so soon. Does anyone know of a different way to contact them? I just want this seat fixed, but this is making me loose so much love for this car, and I don't want to Lemon it but if they don't do something about it soon I will.

Damn That sucks to hear. I hate it when anyone has lots of problems with a car. My past car before my FiST was a lemon. 24 days in the shop and 8 trips back and forth b4 they held it for 24 days. I know what your going through. I dont know if you have dealt with a lemon case before but I will just let you know that my case took 6-7 months to complete. And in that time my turbo failed and had a massive oil leak on Interstate and leaked all the oil out. So yeah having to go through a lemon claim sucks big time. Not trying to tell you what to do but having went through it once I know a much better way to get it handled. One of the better things to do without going through the claim is exactly what your trying to do. Calling their reps and making a claim through them directly is something that I should have done. But I went through the dealership like you and relying for them to fix it. I would definitely just keep giving them a call because you could tell them your problem and they may just be cool with replacing the seats along with the whole bracket assembly. Thats another thing I learned with doing a lemon claim, you can get more accomplished with calling them and making a claim through them directly to fix it. Most of the time they will try and make things right. Because with a lemon claim most lawyers will seek payments back too. And boy do the dealerships hate that.

zanethan

I'll also trade you seats! j/k (unless you'll actually do it)

Have you tried a different dealership? Them claiming that they can't replace the seat seems like some BS to me, especially after you've been in for the same issue as many times as you have.

Have you tried identifying the squeak yourself? From your description it sounds like its an issue with the rails or the lever that unlocks the rails and not the actual seat. Maybe try spraying those two things with a good lubricant, like Fluid Film.

OP
BiigMe
Thread Starter #8
I'll also trade you seats! j/k (unless you'll actually do it)

Have you tried a different dealership? Them claiming that they can't replace the seat seems like some BS to me, especially after you've been in for the same issue as many times as you have.

Have you tried identifying the squeak yourself? From your description it sounds like its an issue with the rails or the lever that unlocks the rails and not the actual seat. Maybe try spraying those two things with a good lubricant, like Fluid Film.
The problem is the dealership has been really helpful and nice, I haven't been dealing with a a rep recently it's been the service manager, a seriously great dude. He told me they can only get parts of the seat, not an entirely new one. My best judgment says there is something structurally wrong with the seat because apparently they have replaced everything, I'm hoping that running this up the flagpole I end up with an entirely new seat