Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

0 - 60 mph stock vs tune?

I know this has been asked before but has anyone done any A-B-A testing on 0 -60 mph times with various levels of tune?
Do any of the tunes, Cobb, Livernois etc. increase the redline limiter slightly so that 60 is reached in 2nd gear?

Is this just for bragging rights? 0-60 is a very arbitrary measurement that's not that useful in real life...It's the "area under the curve" improvements that provide the benefits from a tune...the punchy midrange and roll-on acceleration are what's improved the most.

This is what Revo states, for whom it could be useful.

Performance Test Comparison
0-60 0-100 30-70
Stock 7.25 seconds 17.05 seconds 6.2 seconds
Stage 1 6.1 seconds 15.49 seconds 5.29 seconds
Stage 2 5.9 seconds 13.3 seconds 4.6 seconds

NOTE: Performance times are from UK conditions on regular road tyres using Shell Nitro+ and Racelogic Testing Equipment

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I am running one of Randy's (Mountune) custom Stage 3 tunes and the 0-60 time is so quick that you can't even see it in the post above. :)

Dave

I stay under 6500 rpm. No reason to wind it any higher. 0-60 is pointless really.
once you swap out to a bigger turbo you will need a higher rev limit, got mine just over 7k so that it never drops out of full power on gear changes

OP
P
Thread Starter #11
I agree that 0-60 in the real world is not of much use but like it or not, that is how magazines, industry etc. measures performance. Looking at the dyno graphs of stock verses tuned certainly indicate massive performance increases at low revs if you can get that extra power down to the pavement.
I just want to see quantitatively how that extra power is translated into acceleration.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
In a car like this with the wheel spin and short gears, you are never going to produce a great 0-60 on the street. That's why I think 0-60 is useless. Something like 30-70 would work better to compare mods in my opinion.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
For me the 0-60 time is a good indicator of Hiway On ramp ability as around here you need to be able to match speed to get on when it is busy and traffic is rolling.. No grid lock here yet ..

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I think 0-60 should go away. 0-100 should be the new standard. Or 0-80mph.

Evo guys are protesting to get the new standard to be 0-20mph. Lol

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
But 0-100 can get your car impounded.

Dave