Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I took a bunch of photos but only uploaded a few as the RV park connection is a bit slow.

If you search for my posts there are 2 or 3 more pics.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Yes, 4x100 and you cannot fit the 9" wheels unless you change the rear camber, which I believe anybody wanting the best handling at higher speeds should do, and you have to work on the fenders to move them out as far as you can to clear the tires.

I spent a great deal of time to make these wheels fit and fit the biggest brakes I could on the car but am willing to coach anyone wanted to do this mod of course and save a ton of time compared to what I invested into it.

Izzy

Can you please upload pics would like to see wheel gap and poke amount.

Here ya' go...Let me know if these work for you. I'll try to post better pics in the PM as I (by I...I mean my wife...lol) was in a hurry in the AM. 1st pic is how it sits with the OEM's with drop and spacers.

Specs:

16x7 +42 Rota Grid's on 205/45/16 BFG Comp2 and 15mm Garageline spacers.

Attachments

Sorry but I just had to look as it did not seem correct data, this is from the tirerack site.

SIZE Rim Width Range Meas. Rim Width Sect. Width Tread Width
215/40R17 7-8.5" 7.5" 8.6" 8.2"

That is a very wide 215, tire companies assign some very arbitrary numbers to their tires at times, I had some 225 Hoosiers that measured at least 240 if not 245mm wide.

That much width and would be best on an 8-8.5" wide rim and work on a 9 most likely.
My bad... I went back to check myself after reading your reply because I was sure it was just under 9". Apparently I was looking at the 225 size... It still quite a bit wider than the Pirelli P Zero's!

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Here ya' go...Let me know if these work for you. I'll try to post better pics in the PM as I (by I...I mean my wife...lol) was in a hurry in the AM. 1st pic is how it sits with the OEM's with drop and spacers.
What size are those tires? And wheel size? 16s?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I just wanted to make sure others did not get mislead and go buy some without knowing the real size:)

-----------

As mentioned it is a very wide 215 which is great but the sidewalls must have proper support to achieve the benefit or it ends up sometimes less in grip, steering feel, slower and less precise in lateral transitions, and more weight which effects several things.

-----------

I can fit and really want to put 245's on the front track wheels but I would only gain some forward and braking grip and probably loose lateral grip and feedback which are considerable important on a high speed road course.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Wow dude that looks hella good. I thought 205/45/16 tires would look less meaty than that. Looks like I may have to ditch the 205/50 and go for sport comps 2 all season 45 series for my winter TD wheels. By the way I have the same Rotas on mine :)

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Wow dude that looks hella good. I thought 205/45/16 tires would look less meaty than that. Looks like I may have to ditch the 205/50 and go for sport comps 2 all season 45 series for my winter TD wheels. By the way I have the same Rotas on mine :)
I love the look of 205/50 though. You'd only go to 205/45 because of the all season option? Or you don't like the 205/50s?

Izzy

I love the look of 205/50 though. You'd only go to 205/45 because of the all season option? Or you don't like the 205/50s?
Did not know if I would rub with my drop so I went with something more modest. Without the spacers I'm certain I'd be ok, but with them I think I'd rub for sure. Hopefully, by my next tire change someone would have come out with a 225/40/16 or 225/45/16 that is worth something.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Any reason you choose 45s over 50?
Im sure because its the proper diameter or close to stock diameter. Also wont effect gas mileage and speedometer reading. Another thing, less tire means less flex for better turn in.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Did not know if I would rub with my drop so I went with something more modest. Without the spacers I'm certain I'd be ok, but with them I think I'd rub for sure. Hopefully, by my next tire change someone would have come out with a 225/40/16 or 225/45/16 that is worth something.
Thats my other choice too. 225/45. Love that look also, on a 16x7 which I'm hopefully going to next yea .

Im sure because its the proper diameter or close to stock diameter. Also wont effect gas mileage and speedometer reading. Another thing, less tire means less flex for better turn in.
Is 205/45 the closest to stock for 16 205 rated?

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Thats my other choice too. 225/45. Love that look also, on a 16x7 which I'm hopefully going to next yea .

Is 205/45 the closest to stock for 16 205 rated?
Yes izzy's tires are 23.2" while the stockies are 23.4" and the 205/50 are 24.1" diameter.

Just tracked the 215/40-17 Yokohama advans and had no rub with 17x7 oz Ultraleggarra's the grip was excellent on track and beyond the limit for most people on the street... With a few mods this car is truly unreal!

Just tracked the 215/40-17 Yokohama advans and had no rub with 17x7 oz Ultraleggarra's the grip was excellent on track and beyond the limit for most people on the street... With a few mods this car is truly unreal!
Are you lowered at all? That's the tire size I want on 17x8 TD Pro Race 1.2. I'm lowered on Mountune springs and I'm worried about rubbing.