Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

17x8, 215/40R17, AD09

SLC46

These sizes have been discussed but I want to make sure if this is possible without flairing guards, with no rubbing driving on track days.

So to anybody that has experienced this combination with the specifics I've mentioned above I'd love to hear from you.

Probably going to an ET42 and I will get BC BR RA coilovers.

Last edited:

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I run this combo on coilovers with just a little rolling in the front - 0 problems. I think that this is the sweet spot for 17" and no trimming.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
We here in the states do not seem to be able to get that model tire in THAT exact size.

But I do have a set of TD Pro race 1.2s 17x8 et42 with 215/40-17 Federal RS-RRs on them which are 7.7 wide at the tread (maybe slightly more on an 8" wide wheel?), and they have never rubbed on the factory ride height suspension in any scenario I have put them through (albeit no open tracking).

OP
SLC46

SLC46

Thread Starter #5
I run this combo on coilovers with just a little rolling in the front - 0 problems. I think that this is the sweet spot for 17" and no trimming.
So you do have to roll the guards to make it work without any rubbing pushing these cars to the limit on track or on a banked corner driving hard?
What do you mean by no trimming?

OP
SLC46

SLC46

Thread Starter #6
We here in the states do not seem to be able to get that model tire in THAT exact size.

But I do have a set of TD Pro race 1.2s 17x8 et42 with 215/40-17 Federal RS-RRs on them which are 7.7 wide at the tread (maybe slightly more on an 8" wide wheel?), and they have never rubbed on the factory ride height suspension in any scenario I have put them through (albeit no open tracking).
Okay cool so you haven't rolled the guards.
I wish I could get TD wheels in 17x8, they don't make them anymore in this width it seems.