Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2 days test driving

Mr. D

Hey fellow enthusiasts
I have a 2016 4 door Jeep Rubicon that Iam keeping and wanting to get a fun spirited daily driver. I have had Mustangs, Minicooper, Miata 1st gen.
Looking at 2016 Fist 67,000 miles, Black color, Nav, grey cloth seats, Carfax 1 owner, 19 services oil changed every 5K, Mishimoto radiator, Whoosh Intercooler, Milltek exhaust, Seibon carbon fiber hatch, Konig Dekagram rims, Blow off valve maybe Boomba. Drives nice and tight on highway and regular roads, great brakes, shifting and clutch seem terrific IMG_6796.jpeg . Needs minor: hood release handle, actuator ac/heat door, 3m stick tape on lower ground effects. Dealer will not move on 15,999. Only Fiesta ST in the area. Thoughts greatly appreciated

NOVA_Ranger

U.S. Army Veteran
Play the games they like to play..."I'd love to give you $16k, but it is kind of a niche vehicle with aftermarket parts installed. God only knows who installed those and how they drove it. Let me know when you are ready to accept less." From there I'd look around and watch for other options.

I bought my car about 6 months ago and had to take a similar approach with the negotiations, even though the car checked all my boxes...2017+, low mileage, stock, good overall condition, Sync, no sunroof, etc. There were a few other cars that I was tempted to jump on, and looking back I'm glad that I held off.

Yeah the milage is kinda highish for that price but all the after market parts are nice and the radiator already installed. It's a toss up. I got mine for like 18000 with 27k miles in 2020. It's probably a fair deal really.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The lower intercooler grill area has been compromised by cutting of the lower bumper bars* Is the ST emblem on the Grill black or missing or not even the OEM grill at all?

Looks like the oem grill was possibly shaved to provide more air flow? Same with the lower bumper bars.. yeah I don't know. I've never bought a modified car I've always done it myself. Other peoples work can be subpar.

NOVA_Ranger

U.S. Army Veteran
Looks like the oem grill was possibly shaved to provide more air flow? Same with the lower bumper bars.. yeah I don't know. I've never bought a modified car I've always done it myself. Other peoples work can be subpar.
I definitely try to steer clear of modified vehicles too. Who know the quality of work, as you mentioned, and what are the chances the previous owner beat the car like it owed them money?

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'd get it checked out by an independent mechanic. If they refuse to let you do it, walk away!