Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

After 5 days driving with Fiesta ST,car keeping pop problem to me,Alarm,fuel tank display

Hello everyone! What a bad experience with my hot wheels:cry:Too many things happened

12/17/2023 Car from NYC arrived at my house in Richmond CA, all good
12/18/2023 Get the Temporary License and do a Pre-smog check, Find out the Air intake CARB number, Trying to find a stock sound symposer. I tested a highway roundtrip of about 100 miles, and it's all good.
At night car engine light on, start running OBDII bluetooth checking code response is P0454, EVAP System Pressure Sensor/Switch Circuit Intermittent. What the hell is that? It's my first time owning a car and english is my second language I didin't put it on my heart so,
I google it said a sensor to detective gas leak or something? Then I clear the code and everything back to good function
12/19-12/21 All good just to work and home
12/21/2023 Gas running low est 24 miles left then I'm going to the fuel station filling full E30 and slowly driving back to home,all good, The distance to home is above 10 miles.
12/22/2023 10:30 AM going to the restaurant, about 6 miles, all good.
12/22/2023 In the afternoon I drove car heading to Costco bought some Synthetic Oil and back to work close to 3:30 PM. My car kept beeping and nothing happend on dashboard(I also didn't notice the fuel display was full)
At night drove the car headed to In-N-Out got some burgers and beverages at 10 PM, The Car still keep one time beeping during the drive. I believe it should be a 15 Miles trip atleast, Then I found the dash board fuel tank was still full.
after I parked the car at home about 10 Min or 20 Mins, I heard a car alarm. My buddy joking with me is your car alarming? I respond no and take a look through window and....:eek:
Grab all the stuff and sitting in car OBDII plug in all good, Then back to bed and sleep andddddddddddd after 10 mins about, It did rinning crispy everybody can heard that.
about 1AM I can't sleep cause the alarm I think I should shut the battery but no wrenches on hand.....I just sit and listening music and try run the battery dry.
On 3PM finally! the car key remote no function! I did it! Then I leave the car to bed fallin' sleep.

:cry:I just ordered a battery on Rockauto now which is an AGM battery. Planning to do a full inspection on the Ford dealer after my battery arrives and buy some tools at Home Depot.

I searched the forum seems it's kinda of a common problem of Fiesta ST? Hood or hatch? Idk......Maybe I will figure it out at the Ford service center. Atleast the problem shows need a full inspection. I'm planning atleast own this car 3 years so I bet some investment of these is worth it.

OP
Z
Thread Starter #2
btw if anyone have a stock symposer pls contact me, I found that on fordparts fking 178$ damn seriusly:mad:

slopoke

Just keep one thing in mind. When you disconnect your battery, all of your monitors will be unset. If you bring it to a smog station and you have some monitors showing "Not Ready", you will not be able to complete the test. So, do a google search on how to get the monitors to show ready. It's usually driving the car and doing specific things,like accelerating and braking, driving at a constant speed, etc. Use your scan tool to see if the monitors are set, if they are, you are golden. If they aren't, you need to do another drive cycle, to get the monitors to show ready.

OP
Z
Thread Starter #4
Just keep one thing in mind. When you disconnect your battery, all of your monitors will be unset. If you bring it to a smog station and you have some monitors showing "Not Ready", you will not be able to complete the test. So, do a google search on how to get the monitors to show ready. It's usually driving the car and doing specific things,like accelerating and braking, driving at a constant speed, etc. Use your scan tool to see if the monitors are set, if they are, you are golden. If they aren't, you need to do another drive cycle, to get the monitors to show ready.
thank you so much!

Intuit

3000 Post Club
The alarm and false alarms could point to a door being ajar. Check door ajar light on the dash, check for possible intermittent door jamb switch. It will double-honk any time a door is opened/closed. (won't double honk with the hood switch)

As far as the intake and other stuff, probably a result of mod-reversal. (people often alter these vehicles -- but the changes may be undone prior to resale)

I've read about a number of issues with the EVAP system causing stalls after fill up, but the other things would be unusual.

OP
Z
Thread Starter #6
The alarm and false alarms could point to a door being ajar. Check door ajar light on the dash, check for possible intermittent door jamb switch. It will double-honk any time a door is opened/closed. (won't double honk with the hood switch)

As far as the intake and other stuff, probably a result of mod-reversal. (people often alter these vehicles -- but the changes may be undone prior to resale)

I've read about a number of issues with the EVAP system causing stalls after fill up, but the other things would be unusual.
Yeah I think so could be hood or hatch door sensor problem sometime IT flash and vanished instant quick
Is the anyway to delete the sensor of it?

The EVAP sensor since I clear the code it never show again, I just thinking is this sensor working with fuel pressure also? Like detective how many gas left in tank or something

fatnance

Good news I had the same exact problem you had.

Replace purge valve harness with 2014-2015 EVAP harness. You can check if it's on the car already by looking at the air filter hose coming off the air box. There are two nipples closest to the airbox. If there is a nipple with no quick connector harness, then it has already been replaced. The harness comes with a purge valve installed.

This below method will help avoid problems with your evap system in the future. Buy a small breather filter from the auto parts store. Replace charcoal canister and vent solenoid attached to the end of the canister. Comes as one piece. Chances are it's already clogged. Take off the vent hose that's tied to the fuel filler neck off the canister and flush it out. Cut off the plastic debris filter at end of the vent hose that was tied to the filler neck and stick the breather filter on it instead. Tie it back on the filler neck. Put hose clamps on the canister end of the hose for good measure and dump a bottle of fuel cleaner in the tank. Idle it for an hour and check EVAP system with diagnostic tool if you can. The fabric wheel well guard is known to rip apart and I'm sure you can buy aftermarket plastic replacements which will keep debris out of your line.

If all else fails, replace fuel tank pressure sensor and finally fuel pump. Check gas tank for dents while you're down there.

At the end of the day it's still a fucking Ford..

Last edited: