Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Official Fiesta ST Wheels Thread

Just test fitted my new old school rally wheels. These were like gold in the VW community and could never get my hands on a set. A few months ago I saw this nearly perfect set on eBay and had to ha e them. They're ATS DTM's in a 17x7 size ET40 with our exact hub bore. The bolt pattern is both 4x100/108. Because they're so old I had a tough time finding true specs for the wheel so I bought them anyways knowing I could easily sell them to a MK1/2/3 VW owner. After test fitting today I was happy to see they fit perfectly! Nearly flush with 1" clearance to the strut.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426431235.302124.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426431253.274321.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426431263.842836.jpg

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I had read that about the Sparco caps as well. So far I didn't find anything on the Sport Edition caps, or the wheels melting on race tracks for that matter.

His comment is pretty specific to the wheels themselves melting, so I don't know why he would make a comment like that without posting some sort of reference source.

Anyway, I am sure he will post a source shortly
I am sure it was just a mix up and he meant the caps and plastic hub rings could be at risk.. I like to think that as he has been nothing but a good egg around these parts .. Lots of times I type stuff out only to realise I left out one or two word that change the whole meaning ..

I am sure it was just a mix up and he meant the caps and plastic hub rings could be at risk.. I like to think that as he has been nothing but a good egg around these parts .. Lots of times I type stuff out only to realise I left out one or two word that change the whole meaning ..
Yeah I suppose, I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Just kind of a shitty feeling when you share something like a new set of wheels and the only thing that gets posted is "They will probably melt"

Actually one of the reasons I went with these rims is because they don't require hub rings

Poorly designed center caps can definitely fly out under high heat load. Lost one of mine off my Rotas on a mountain run with heavy downhill braking. After that I secured them with non permanent adhesive.

No complaints about my Rotas otherwise.

As far as wheels melting, lulz. Bending or warping might be the word he was looking for, I wouldn't worry too much for our applications. Personally I would lean toward budget wheels for recreation track use.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Logically thinking would dictate it was the caps melting he was referring to, impossible to melt aluminum wheels on a track unless on fire, a big fire, we all know that, I hope;)

Hub rings and caps must be metal and very secure caps to stay in place and not just on cars with a TVS, I know from experience in both counts and not just on track.

-------------

Those Sport Edition wheels look like a great bargain and quite strong, good find for your track wheels:)

They look quite similar to some of the great low cost and strong Konig offerings, I wonder if made by them.

I ran some Sport Editions on my AutoX car last year, they actually looked and felt really well made. I wasn't expecting them to be that nice given the price point. They also balanced up easily with zero problem, even after heavy use.

Both with Sparco and OZ wheels I have run into minor issues with them being slightly out of round and being a real pain in the butt to balance up.

Actually, I did a little bit of digging. Sport Edition is made by the Japanese company Kosei, made in China, with modern low pressure casting process. They are designed to meet German TUV standards, so they should be just as durable as the OEM wheels.

Poorly designed center caps can definitely fly out under high heat load. Lost one of mine off my Rotas on a mountain run with heavy downhill braking. After that I secured them with non permanent adhesive.

No complaints about my Rotas otherwise.

As far as wheels melting, lulz. Bending or warping might be the word he was looking for, I wouldn't worry too much for our applications. Personally I would lean toward budget wheels for recreation track use.
haha, on my Audi one of my OZ wheels kept losing a cap... I replaced it twice, and it wasn't cheap! I finally used some plumbers adhesive to stick it in there. The other 3 have been fine otherwise.

Nothing wrong with Rota's, they were my go-to cheap wheel before. Again, lightweight and cheap. I wouldn't run them on something like an M4, but for cars like ours they are perfect.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Anybody running Sport Edition A10's?

I just ordered a set of 16" in bright silver. They were reasonably lightweight, proper hub size (so no stupid rings), and pretty well priced.

I have the 5 spoke Sport Edition wheels as my summer wheels and I was looking at getting these because they match the multispoke look I really like.

Would definitely like to see a photo of your car once these are installed. I was looking at the titanium colored ones.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Don't forget these I have posted before, made by Konig, very solid and in 16x7, 4x108, +40mm, around 16 lbs, possibly a bit less.

Maxxim Winner, $105 each on discount tire direct with a $50 web savings and free shipping so should be right at $370 shipped!

17x7 is around 17 lbs or less and $115 each so around $410 shipped

------------------

FYI: Hub rings have been used a many levels of racing for decades, they might be a bit of a hassle at times but far from stupid;)

You can also get aluminum hub rings if people are worried the plastic ones that usually come with wheels will melt.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I always get aluminum as have melted plastic, once on a mountain road and before that once on a race track.

I got a great set on Ebay or Amazon for $19 shipped last year.

The RE-71R are brand new, supposed to be the new RE-11. I've run RE-11's in the past, and they were amazing for grip. Bridgestone claims that these are even better and will take seconds off your laps times compared to the outgoing RE-11. So as you can imagine, I am stoked to try them out.

Some Japanese press release info:

I like them man. What's the wheel and tire specs again?

When you getting them on?
They are the sport edition A10's in bright silver, 16 x 6.5", come in at 17.3lbs, with an offset of 42mm.

I am just getting over the flu right now, so when I am feeling better I will toss them on the car for some quick testing.

After that, I will be using them only for track events.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Edited to be more clear.

Compared to the other top ultra high performance summer only tires The RE-11 was better in the rain, great on the street, good for autocross but had to be sprayed sometimes to cool them down but overheated quickly on a race track so the new version probably takes care of that if they want to be competitive with the other ultra high performance summer only tires, which I hope they are.

I am sure you will love them:)

Rick

MOFiST

Anybody running Sport Edition A10's?

I just ordered a set of 16" in bright silver. They were reasonably lightweight, proper hub size (so no stupid rings), and pretty well priced.

So where did you pick these up? Tire rack only has Sport Edition SE-16 but they're $59 for 16's on close out. They look quite good imo

So where did you pick these up? Tire rack only has Sport Edition SE-16 but they're $59 for 16's on close out. They look quite good imo
They are off of TireRack

They had a few close out deals for 59$, but if you check the fine print they have fewer than 3 of each kind. I probably would have gone that way otherwise.