Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2017 ST Headlight Issue

Skrake

Hello everyone,

I’ve been experiencing an intermittent issue with my 17’ Fiesta. I bought the car at around 25k miles and around 45k I had a headlight burn out.

I swapped both bulbs and everything was fine, until about 2 days later when I started the car and the opposite left headlight was out. I was confused since it’s a brand new bulb, so I popped the hood and messed with the wiring harness. Unfortunately this made the headlight come on so I was afraid of a bigger issue.

cue the next day and the right headlight was out. I proceeded to pop the hood and the same was the case again. Messing with the wiring caused it to come back on for a period of a day or so until I would have to repeat the process. During this time I would notice one headlight going in and out while driving which is embarrassing and annoying to say the least.

I decided to switch back to the base bulb I had previously (the lower end silverstar) as when I initially replaced the bulbs, I went with the higher end version.

this definitely helped the issue immensely, but about once every week or so the issue persists and I have to open the hood and move the wiring harness around.

I would hope that both wiring harnesses didn’t “break” at the same time so I’m wondering if anyone else has dealt with a similar issue. My headlights are fully stock as far as I know. If anyone has input it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance!