Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Door/Panel Alignments

XuperXero

It has been rainy the past couple days here, with today being the first sunny day. I got to work and decided to be disgusted by how dirty my car was. Until I noticed the pattern of the dirt...

Driver's side

Passenger's side

Notice the aerodynamic flow of the dirt from driving, this makes the door's inconsistent gap evident.

I looked at the mounting points/bolts, it does not seem to be elongated for alignment. Any suggestions?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Yup pretty much standard and on the 5 door we get a lil of the same dirty build up at the lower corner of the rear door. also the hatch it a woeful dirt MAGNET...

OP
XuperXero

XuperXero

Thread Starter #4
Unfortunately the hatch getting dirty applies to... ALL hatchback cars due to aerodynamics due to vacuum trying to fill void of a flat area. This is also the reason that hatchback cars have rear wipers while sedan does not. #hatchownersfirstworldproblem

Nobody knows how we can align the door? Makes me feel like I'm in a very shoddy quality car...

Sekred

1000 Post Club
That alignment is a shocker. The doors bolt on so there should be adjustment for built tolerance?. You need to loosen the bolts and see what movement you have. This kind of thing is usually corrected during Pre- delivery .

OP
XuperXero

XuperXero

Thread Starter #6
I've already inspected the bolts, unlike other cars, there is no elongated holes/points for range of adjustment. You're right, I do agree that this should have been corrected at manufacturing facility pre-delivery. This is quite disappointing for me as well since mine was manufactured in Cologne, Germany. I was expecting German quality...

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I've already inspected the bolts, unlike other cars, there is no elongated holes/points for range of adjustment. You're right, I do agree that this should have been corrected at manufacturing facility pre-delivery. This is quite disappointing for me as well since mine was manufactured in Cologne, Germany. I was expecting German quality...
Was your car a grey market import or direct sale import?

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Direct sale. Straight from Ford dealership.
Thats weird, take it back to Ford and let them know the issue. Its usually all the grey market cars that have ill fitting panels and such from transport / partial disassembly..