Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello, new member from GA, USA

jeff

2000 Post Club
Hi everyone. Thanks for a great forum. I've tried a few Fiesta forums and this one seems to have the best participation. I look forward to getting to know you and my new car.

Last week I bought a 2015 Fiesta ST with 4,600 miles. It was $19,750 ($21,500 out the door after tax etc.) which seemed like a decent price. I won't post pics now because you've all seen this car before. It's black with Recaros, sunroof, NAV and the grey wheels. I've been reading about Fiesta STs for a few years now and decided that this would be my next car. I wasn't necessarily in the market but was looking online and found the exact color and options I wanted just 30 miles away, and my wife was for it (and loves it btw), so I bought it.

I'm 42, married 20 years with 4 kids. I love cars, and have been wrenching for many years. I drove a heavily modded (stage 3, full exhaust + custom tune + a zillion other things @297/337 dyno'd awhp/tq) STi for 4 years, then a moderately modded TSX for 3 years, then a lightly modded Corolla for 2 years. 95% of it done in my garage. Building a house and paying for some other things (and getting older) is the reason for transition to other cars. But the time had come for a new car, so we bought the one on my radar, a Fiesta ST. After all my years driving, the reviews I've read of the Fiesta ST seemed like a great balance between performance, economy, and size. It's like having the engine of the Scooby in the littleness of the Corolla.

Impressions - I've only driven the car for a week, but i love it. Egress from the Recaros is a bit more work than I'd thought, and the ride is a bit firmer than I'm used to, probably because of the summer tires. Wish the car had Homelink and a back-up camera. But those are my only gripes, and you can't have it all. The car is everything that everyone said it is - fast, comfortable, nimble, and pure fun. I'm loving it. It's nowhere near as fast as my Scooby but feels nearly as fast and I must say it's way more fun. More than all of that I love that there are hardly any of these cars around and they blend in with the Honda Fits out there, but are so much more of a car. At least for an enthusiast.

So far I've gotten some all-weather mats and I installed a dead-pedal. Also I removed that ridiculous front-license bracket...can't see why anyone would install one of those when they're not needed - and found some perfect hole plugs at the auto parts store that look great. I also removed the rear ST badge and might remove the front one later. I've painted the "Fiesta" badge graphite and it looks great. The car has been tinted by the previous owner. Having done serious mods in the past, I know exactly what I want and will do a few things in the next year or so and money allows. No exhaust or FMIC for me, maybe in the distant future, but for the first 5 years I will be happy with the 'non-negotiables' for this car which IMHO are:

* Cobb stage 1 reflash/intake
* Mountune short shift kit
* Cobb rear motor mount

A few questions for you folks:

1, Anyone have 411 on the Ford OEM reflash option? I've read about it but can't find any info. I've used Cobb in the past and am very happy with their stuff, but was curious how the Ford reflash compared.

2, My dead pedal installed with velcro - I prefer a firm feel and want to attach it onto the car. Has anyone done this with success? I don't want to drill into a fuel line or something.

Thanks to all! I'll get some pics up in the next few days, I did wax it today and it's looking mighty nice.

Jeff

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Welcome and congrats.

For the Ford reflash look up Mountune tunes as they are the only one backed by Ford..there are lots of threads those.