Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Member - Hello from Florida!

Greetings from sunny Florida! My name is Damir and I drive a 2014 Fiesta ST in "Tuxedo Black".

Picked it up in Dec. 2013 - here's the day it rolled off the lot:

Bought it mainly for the Recaros, but Ford felt the need to bundle in the GPS, Rado Gray wheels, and the painted calipers. Totally worth it. So far it's bone stock except for window tint and an oil change. Almost a year and 10,000 miles in as my daily driver and I couldn't be happier. It's performed well, been flawlessly reliable, efficient, comfortable, you name it. The black paint is a bit of a bear to keep clean and internal temps go nuclear in the Florida summer, but it's just a minor hassle. A couple of years ago I could never see myself in a Ford, but they really outdid themselves with this little car.

I'm an engineer and wrenching on cars is my favorite hobby and I consider myself a pretty capable amateur mechanic, so I'm hoping to put as much into the forum as I take out of it. I joined on to try and stay ahead of the curve on developments, maintenance, performance upgrades, etc.

I'll keep the ST stock for the immediate future, but eventually I'd like to add some mild bolt-ons (intake, downpipe, exhaust, tune) so I'm sure I'll periodically ask for input about options. Right now I'm more than happy with what I have.

I'm happy to be a part of the forum and I hope to be an active member for a long time.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard, great to have you here.[welcome]

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I'm in center Fl, where you located ? Good luck with the black !! Just like you, I wanted the seats and got all the other stuff I didn't care to get. I don't regret it at all.

Maybe you can come out to a local meet if your close enough.

OP
Bosnian Fiesta
Thread Starter #8
Yeah I'm over in Clearwater! Just a quick trip out from Lakeland and the drag strip. I'm happy to hear there are other local STs - I've literally been as far north as Tallahassee and as far south as Key West with my car and so far I've seen literally 1 other Fiesta ST. I'll see Focus STs on an almost daily basis, so it was getting pretty lonely.

Where did y'all pick your cars up? When I bought mine last year I had a grand total of 3 to pick from in the whole area - I was really surprised to see how limited the stock was. Even when I took it to the body shop at Walker Ford to get my rear bumper touched up (thanks Tampa drivers) the office team all came out to take a look since "they had never seen one before". I was shocked.

I'm definitely interested in a meet if one ever gets organized - feel free to shoot me a PM. I also love the idea of taking it out to the strip, but right now I'm a little hesitant to hoon it since I'm in the process of rebuilding the heads on my spare car (Land Rover - always broken) so I'd be SOL if I broke something. Once I have that work wrapped up I'll come out for sure.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Welcome,
Great car.
But we still have better Oranges !

Dave

I'll be leaving the 22nd heading to clearwater for a few weeks. If you happen to see a ST with CT plates probably me!