Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2J intercooler review

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Thickness of the 2J core 2.38"

Thickness of stock intercooler core 1.97"

2J core length just about 8"

Stock core length about 5 1/4"

2J core length 22"

Stock core length just over 27"

Here's the 2J intercooler properly installed, tucked behind the crash beam

This is measuring from bottom of crash beam to bottom of 2J intercooler. About 5 1/2" sticks out. This means about 2 1/2" is behind the crash beam. For those who were wondering.

Bumper on after proper install

Hey, thanks for taking the time out and measuring and weighing the IC, looks great although your finish on your IC is much nicer then mine. Now let's see what the logs look like:)

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #42
Hey, thanks for taking the time out and measuring and weighing the IC, looks great although your finish on your IC is much nicer then mine. Now let's see what the logs look like:)
Soon! Need new oil return gasket for my cyborg turbo. Started the car today after finishing and the oil went all over the ground :( found the gasket ripped. Don't think they're meant to more than one use

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Soon! Need new oil return gasket for my cyborg turbo. Started the car today after finishing and the oil went all over the ground :( found the gasket ripped. Don't think they're meant to more than one use
You can get lucky, but generally, no. They're not for reuse.

AzNightmare

Thanks for taking all those images and taking the time to measure and weigh the OEM and the 2JR IC.
[perfect10] [perfect10] [perfect10]

Providing info that another thread (no names mentioned) was unable to deliver... lol

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #45
Thanks for taking all those images and taking the time to measure and weigh the OEM and the 2JR IC.
[perfect10] [perfect10] [perfect10]

Providing info that another thread (no names mentioned) was unable to deliver... lol
No problem. Going to post some data eventually once my car is up and going again

AzNightmare

Az.. whats your deal? We provided sizes, comparisons, etc. Damn son
Damn, son... No, actually you told us you weren't interested in "spoon feeding" answers about your own product. [dunno]
Frankie provided sizes, weight, and comparisons with an abundant amount of images. Basically everything we asked for, and more.

Anyhow, enough with this. I didn't intend this to become into another gongshow thread. PM if you need any more clarification. Otherwise, I'm gonna stay on topic and enjoy the review. [biggrin]

AzNightmare

I wouldn't recommend modifying your crash beam for safety issues... but didn't you already know this IC goes behind the crash beam before you bought it? lol

I was set on buying it anyway, and I didnt spend a ton of time on the forum. I figured for 399.99 you cant fo wrong. If I had to I can always buy Deadhook crash bar. Trimming the stock crash bar would be easy. Then just reinforce with some 1/2 plate.

In 3 weeks I have scored Cobb AP, Injen Intake and IC for $700, not bad price for "stage 2" R.I.P tuning in Moore for pro tune and Im set till summer.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
The quality on this piece is so terrible it's not even funny, looks like a backyard piece. The welds are so crooked, and it's dull as hell. I would not buy this, had I seen it in person. Their online pics are nothing like the one u get. The DHM is a rolls Royce compared to this Chrysler 300 piece. 2 year wait for this final product is appalling.

Mine was pretty scratched up and had small rust spots on it. I only waited like a month so I'm not as bummed. It is direct fit and was the best option for the price before I found out about the dude in the uk on eBay. My temps are lower and I don't notice any of the cosmetic issues once installed so I'm ok with it. Not thrilled, just ok. Charge air temps haven't gone more than ten degrees higher than ambient on wot pulls on e30, but without any other ic to compare it to, I'm not sure if it's that great or not.

The quality on this piece is so terrible it's not even funny, looks like a backyard piece. The welds are so crooked, and it's dull as hell. I would not buy this, had I seen it in person. Their online pics are nothing like the one u get. The DHM is a rolls Royce compared to this Chrysler 300 piece. 2 year wait for this final product is appalling.

And who are you? We havent shipped any intercoolers to Canada. And the pre-orders opened up late summer, and we made two design changes for the changes in the crash bar for the 2015s. We also refunded all preorders $50 for the wait.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
And who are you? We havent shipped any intercoolers to Canada. And the pre-orders opened up late summer, and we made two design changes for the changes in the crash bar for the 2015s. We also refunded all preorders $50 for the wait.
Nowhere have I said anything about the shipping destination, most of us ship to Washington State, then we bring it back across the border. And the quality has zero to do with any of what you just said. This is a review thread not a Vendor thread..

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
You're stating a lot of incorrect information - but by all means - continue.
Ok? I received the IC a while back and looked at it thoroughly and the quality is terrible, I would not discribe that as incorrect information. That's an assessment I made based on the product that I received, others will chime in and some have chimed in about the quality issues.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Guy... Just stop. You're not helping yourself.

You must learn that in today's world where information is exchanged very quickly and freely that the truth will inevitably come to the surface. You don't have to front and pump your chest out to defend your product if the product can defend itself. The pictures shown certainly indicate that this is a budget intercooler and that the fit and finish isn't top notch. You can't deny it with this production run - the pictures speak for themselves.

If you wish to save face, go back to the work shop and work on the small details of the products you carry - when there is competition there will be consumer reviews to shed light on the differences between them.

Sorry, you can't rely on past performance any more - we don't give a shit about your credentials - it's all about what can you do for me right now. And what you're doing is brand suicide in the FiST market.