Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2J intercooler review

I'm not sure how much difference that would make. Even with the DHM combo, the IC doesn't peek much above the honeycomb.

Not worried about honey comb but the top of intercooler is blocked by crash bar, not really the honeycomb. Its not as tall as DHM

That's a good point... A question for Adam (TUNE+). Since so far, hes' the only source I've read that adamantly claimed DP doesn't do anything... Considering he's one of the top tuners for our cars, it does seem rather strange that so many others have a different opinion.

Do you know how much they charge for their e-tune?
I really want opinions on why I cant load COBB Ots Stage 3 for now, if DP does nothing for the stock turbos efficiency. Again it made a world of difference on my Abarth.

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #84
That's a good point... A question for Adam (TUNE+). Since so far, hes' the only source I've read that adamantly claimed DP doesn't do anything... Considering he's one of the top tuners for our cars, it does seem rather strange that so many others have a different opinion.

Do you know how much they charge for their e-tune?
http://deadhookmotorsports.com/ECU-Calibration/E-Tune-Ford-Fiesta-Focus-ST-Mustang

Starts at $175.

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #85
Not worried about honey comb but the top of intercooler is blocked by crash bar, not really the honeycomb. Its not as tall as DHM
I think you are misunderstanding. The stock grill is blocked off on the bottom half (or bottom third, whatever) and behind the blocked off portion is the crash beam.

AzNightmare

How do I get My IC to look "open" like that?
Just remove the grill in front of the IC.
But it requires some irreversible modding I think.
There's the plastic black grill, and then behind the grill, there are also some vertical support bars that will need to be cut.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
So a friend of mine just received this IC and idk if mine was part of a rushed batch but his looks shiny and mine is dull as fak. And for those that say who cares what it looks like, some of us do that have spent our hard earned money. 2j doesn't state 'will look like shit' but it's one hell of a deal! I paid the asking price but got a terrible looking item.

Compare it to my downpipe, taken under the same light

And here's my friends for comparison

The weld lines are so crooked

AzNightmare

You can. Plenty of people do it.
Who?? Is there a thread with a bunch of people saying they had a lot of success with it?
I personally think DP does make a diff, so I'm not sure if jumping to stage 3 map without a DP is a such a good idea. But I'm open to read up about it.

I think you are misunderstanding. The stock grill is blocked off on the bottom half (or bottom third, whatever) and behind the blocked off portion is the crash beam.
I understand completely, my trimming would not involve the top half of the crossbar, wich you are correct is behind the solid part of honeycomb. I am speaking of the lower part....

twolf

I understand completely, my trimming would not involve the top half of the crossbar, wich you are correct is behind the solid part of honeycomb. I am speaking of the lower part....
but why do you think this would help at all? You're not gaining airflow.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Who?? Is there a thread with a bunch of people saying they had a lot of success with it?
I personally think DP does make a diff, so I'm not sure if jumping to stage 3 map without a DP is a such a good idea. But I'm open to read up about it.

2J makes a DP. Depot racing makes one for $179. ATP makes one for $275.
See anywhere to sell a DP and make a profit ????
Now..... A catback exhaust on the other hand......

Of course the catback makes a huge difference and a DP is pointless, lol

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
2J makes a DP. Depot racing makes one for $179. ATP makes one for $275.
See anywhere to sell a DP and make a profit ????
Now..... A catback exhaust on the other hand......

Of course the catback makes a huge difference and a DP is pointless, lol
Wrong thread or am I missing your Point?

jeff

2000 Post Club
There is a thread that started the other day on this very subject. Take a look, there is some great info there on why using a map without the hardware it requires is a very bad idea. The dude over there explains it very well. Why would you tell the car to run in a way that creates heat and wear without adding the parts to compensate for that? Great way to melt your cat, or your turbo.

but why do you think this would help at all? You're not gaining airflow.
Well if you seen how much..... about 2 inches is literally up against the crash bar than your statement might be correct, Its the same reason why you replace the crash bar with DHM.....yes I know DHM is also a little wider but the crash bar would allow ZERO airflow.

AzNightmare

There is a thread that started the other day on this very subject. Take a look, there is some great info there on why using a map without the hardware it requires is a very bad idea. The dude over there explains it very well. Why would you tell the car to run in a way that creates heat and wear without adding the parts to compensate for that? Great way to melt your cat, or your turbo.
what's the link?