Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2J Racing Down-Pipe Install Short DIY

awesome. i'm going on friday to pick up a jack. i'll grab one of those too. i have the deep wall o2 socket.. but that look easier. lol

for anyone interested... O2 sensor sockets are available for $6 at harbor freight.

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-8-eighth-inch-offset-oxygen-sensor-wrench-97177.html
Thanks, just a word of caution - I have a cheap O2 socket and it will flex open and slip on a tight sensor because its slotted. I will consider buying a better quality one or putting a tie wrap or hose clamp on it to keep it snug on the sensor (after placing it on the sensor)

Thanks for this thread and all the advice. I think this will be my first power mod :)D

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I purchase lots of tools at Harbor Freight. They have good prices, and warranty, but for certain tools, I purchase name brands, like the O2 socket and torque wrenches . I had no problems getting both of my O2 sensors out. It requires lots of extensions, breaker bars, (all from Harbor Freight) and a cheater. Just make sure you seat the sensor properly and use lots of penetrating spray. I had to move the heat shield a bit so I could properly seat the socket for the upper sensor.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club

For tools, I also recommend a M8 1.25 tap. I do this when I port the turbine housings to ensure no issues during reinstallation.

What part of Vegas are you in Hunter? I just ordered an ATP DP I guess it should be here this upcoming week and maybe next weekend I will tackle the install

Man this thing is a royal pain. The top o2 sensor is stupid tight and I can't even get it to budge, my o2 socket just slips around it and doesnt even round it off which I guess is the only good thing that happened.. I got the bottom one out easy. Guess I will head to lowes in the morning and try to find the 22mm crows foot and give that a shot...

Why wouldn't Ford put some freakin anti seize on them to prevent this... you'd figure they'd learn after the f150 5.4L triton mess

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Get the downpipe hot, then spray pb blaster on the o2 sensors, wait a few hours and then with a proper o2 sensor wrench, with extensions, breaker bar and cheater, it will break loose. Then use nickel anti seize. Crows foot will be harder to control.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
You unbolted the heat shield, correct? Unbolt the downpipe from the engine and cat back, then push the downpipe up and rotate it. Heat shield comes out. Then pull down pipe out where shift cables and where battery was. Cowl should already be out

i didnt remove the cowl. I guess I should try that. both heat shields are unbolted. just cant get them and the down pipe bolt that is the top hidden is not budging.. man they crammed a lot of stuff in a tiny space.

The heat sheild on the actual exhaust manifold doesnt come out correct? cause that wont get more than an inch of wiggle space from the 2 hard lines running right behind it

OP
airjor13

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #57
I had to cut and bend my original heat shield to the point where it was not useable to get it past the hard lines. I went and got a replacement heat shield from Ford it was like $18

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Once you get the cowling out (6 or so clips and two bolts after the wipers are off) you will have a TON more room iirc

OP
airjor13

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #59
Once you get the cowling out (6 or so clips and two bolts after the wipers are off) you will have a TON more room iirc
I remember I couldn't for the life of me get the wiper bolts off! I cried a little LOL