Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2J Racing Down-Pipe Install Short DIY

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I use a gear puller to get the wiper blades off., shady, check out Airjor13s post and my build thread for how we removed the OEM stuff. I got my heat shield out after I removed the 3 dp bolts.

got it all loose. now i am trying to get the downpipe out.

You guys are awesome. definitely helped a lot getting these little annoyances done

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
DONT try to pull it out from the bottom. Pull it out from the top, through the shift cables, and where the battery was. This will save you a lot of time. Or drop the K-Member, and pull it out from the bottom.

Thank you sweet baby jesus!!

without your help and ridiculously fast responses id probably still be sitting here wondering wtf to do

non catted and yeah atp came with studs so i used those. but whoever is lead designer at atp should really have rethought o2 locations... manifold heat shield hits it...

OP
airjor13

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #71
YES please your copper grease on the bolts saves lots of trouble down the road!!

koozy

3000 Post Club
did you guys over or through the coolant hoses when pulling the dp out?
The converter shield needs to come off before you can move the manifold shield in a position that allows you access to the top downpipe nuts.

tip on how I got my downpipe out from the bottom. It falls out once it's in position http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/3074-koozy-s-ST

OP
airjor13

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #73
Also don't forget to zip-tie the O2 sensor wire to something so its not laying on the DP and melts away!

Hi! Just a few pictures from my Milltek Downpipe install.

I let the battery on its place. I just removed the wiper cowl completely. Then I removed the Air Intake. There's enough space behind the engine to have a nice work.

After unbolting the lower heat shield, removing both O2 Sensors and opening the upper heat shield bolts i pulled the stock DP under the coolant hoses to the battery till the flex pipe is over the axle.

Then I removed it from the downside. No Problem!

Bye from Germany,

Frank

Izzy

I'm going to be attempting this soon, but I wanted to know if I should wrap my catted 2J Racing downpipe with DEI Titanium wrap. I've wrapped plenty of headers from my Honda days, but dont know if it's ok to wrap cats much less the flex section of the downpipe as well.

MOFiST

I'm going to be attempting this soon, but I wanted to know if I should wrap my catted 2J Racing downpipe with DEI Titanium wrap. I've wrapped plenty of headers from my Honda days, but dont know if it's ok to wrap cats much less the flex section of the downpipe as well.
Good question. I think the wrap is a good substitute for the heat shield which is being removed. Other wise perhaps I wouldn't worry. Don't know what others think.

MOFiST

I'm also going to wrap my entire pipe with cat and stop at the flex section with a 1/4" overlap. That way it hopefully won't 'cook the cat'.