Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

3 Second Hummer?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/tech...?rt=1&ocid=Win10NewsApp&referrerID=InAppShare
<<More than a year after its unveiling, General Motors proudly announced that it was now delivering its Hummer EV Edition 1 Pickup, a 9,000-pound (4,082 kilograms) luxury electric beast with a 1,000-horsepower motor that can go from 0 to 60 mph (96 kph) in three seconds. ...............>>

Okay maybe not. Technically they said the motor can go 0-60 in 3. πŸ˜„

Article also implies that it'll have four wheel steer capability.

<<.............While I do get that it makes business sense to create an electric vehicle for certain customer segments, debuting a luxury electric truck like this when the planet is in crisis is flabbergasting. We need to electrify everything, and fast, to tackle climate change. Although the all-electric Hummer EV Edition 1 is an (unnecessary) example of the change we need, its price tag will keep it out of reach for the majority, which is exactly the opposite of what is needed. ...........>>
Meh. I kind of disagree with this sentiment. The kind of people that buy this, will NOT buy what *you* want them to buy; a smaller, slow, efficient vehicle. If it sells, make it. Besides, nearly every feature we consider standard today, started out in luxury vehicles that weren't necessarily available to the masses. This will only serve to bring the price tag down, faster, for cheaper vehicles as the technologies in this one get "handed-down".

OP
Intuit

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2
BTW, personally have no interested in vehicles larger than a FiST. I just found the technology in that train car with tires, interesting. πŸ˜‚ If I at some point did require something more, utilitarian, it would likely be a Jeep. There's something that rubs me right about the rugged appearances for some of them. 😎 But my motorcycle and FiST, absolutely rule. ✊
1639967127850.png
1639967257742.png
1639967281665.png

I have a Jeep Gladiator, which has been pretty solid in the 2.5 years I've owned it. I like a lot of what's happening in the truck EV segment though. Rivian has some intriguing design choices and features, GMC with the Hummer and things like crab walk. And Ford, I feel, took the Lightning and kept everything F150 buyers love and added things to enhance that experience. It can function as a generator, charge your tools, has scales in the bed to calculate load. Cool stuff happening in the segment.

I like all of this enough to actually consider replacing the Gladiator with one of them. Consider, but not actually do. 2023 brings the Ineos Grenadier to the US and I will replace the Gladiator with that. Rugged. Solid front axle. Designed from the ground up with a specific vision on utility. Same towing as the Gladiator. And what I hope is better build quality than the Jeep.

ronmcdon

really liking the Rivian pickup myself. can see it excel being great offroader and tow vehicle. like that they've achieved something well received by auto journalists and jumped ahead of Tesla and Ford. it is more exciting than the Lightning, more grounded in reality than the Cybertruck and less attention grabbing than the Hummer

really liking the Rivian pickup myself. can see it excel being great offroader and tow vehicle. like that they've achieved something well received by auto journalists and jumped ahead of Tesla and Ford. it is more exciting than the Lightning, more grounded in reality than the Cybertruck and less attention grabbing than the Hummer
I think Rivian has done a great job. Front end has to grow on some people and is hated by others, but I'm good with it. Interior styling is great. Cybertruck is absolutely terrible, in my opinion.

What I think Ford did well is target their existing base. It is an F150 with an alternate drivetrain. The move to EV has some great options that appeals to their base as well. Nothing polarizing about it's design. It's this philosophy that has people like my dad looking at one, and he would never consider an EV normally.

OP
Intuit

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hummer
<<Although discontinued in 2010, Hummer returned as a sub-brand of GMC in 2021. In 1998, General Motors (GM) purchased the brand name from AM General and marketed three vehicles: the original Hummer H1, based on the military Humvee, as well as the new H2 and H3 models that were based on smaller, civilian-market GM platforms. >>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hummer
<<Although discontinued in 2010, Hummer returned as a sub-brand of GMC in 2021. In 1998, General Motors (GM) purchased the brand name from AM General and marketed three vehicles: the original Hummer H1, based on the military Humvee, as well as the new H2 and H3 models that were based on smaller, civilian-market GM platforms. >>
ah, drat. The twisted lines of corporate genealogies has confused me again!

OP
Intuit

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
ah, drat. The twisted lines of corporate genealogies has confused me again!
You're not wrong. They purchased only the Hummer/Humvee/HMMWV from AM General.

The front grill is iconic to Jeep/Chrysler though. I'd have to look that up to see whether it was even Chrysler that birthed the Jeep.

Ford has an interesting/twisted history with engines...

Hmmm... then again LoL... yeah twisted...
<<.... Rather than being transferred to the Motors Liquidation Company as part of the GM bankruptcy in 2009, the brand was retained by GM, in order to investigate its sale. No final deal was made,[2] and in 2010, Hummer dealerships began shutting down.[3] Ten years later in 2020, the nameplate returned, not as a separate brand but instead as two models ........>>