Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thinking of selling my Dream Car / Corvette C7 and buying second hand Fiesta St. Call me Crazy.

Hello Guys and Gals,

Here is my story. For my 45th birthday my wonderful father surprised me with a 2015 Corvette Stingray with A8 auto trans with Z51 sway bars an shocks. Well this dream car of mine only has 8200 miles on it. As you can see I don't drive this beauty as often as I would like. Got a wife and two teenage daughters. Car handles incredibly. Lately I have been having this crazy idea of selling my dream car and buying a second hand reasonably low mileage Fiesta ST and putting rest of money away to possibly help buy another house and go to Hawaii. Anybody else have been or are currently in the same or similar situation? I was wondering if the three cyclinder fiesta st motor is available in the USA or just the four cylinder? Also, Where is the motor in the 2014-2018 Fiesta ST made? What about the transmission, chassis, body panels? Ger.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
No the 3-Pot isn't available Here in the good old U.S of A. Only the 4-pot I s here currently and through 19' only. Do what you feel is right....Sit down and think about everything. If you feel its right and you're willing to give up your dream car for an econobox pocket rocket go for it! If you do...maybe throw alittle money at it and make it a monster pocket rocket like some of us have. Good luck!

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Hello Guys and Gals,

Here is my story. For my 45th birthday my wonderful father surprised me with a 2015 Corvette Stingray with A8 auto trans with Z51 sway bars an shocks. Well this dream car of mine only has 8200 miles on it. As you can see I don't drive this beauty as often as I would like. Got a wife and two teenage daughters. Car handles incredibly. Lately I have been having this crazy idea of selling my dream car and buying a second hand reasonably low mileage Fiesta ST and putting rest of money away to possibly help buy another house and go to Hawaii. Anybody else have been or are currently in the same or similar situation? I was wondering if the three cyclinder fiesta st motor is available in the USA or just the four cylinder? Also, Where is the motor in the 2014-2018 Fiesta ST made? What about the transmission, chassis, body panels? Ger.
I have other toys around but I like the FiST because I can hoon about in it and not go to jail.

I sold 10 of my 11 motorcycles when I was injured, but I have retained a ninja 250 just because, when I can ride again, it's fun to ride around at full throttle while not really breaking the speed limit :p

Last edited:

Spork1569

Hello Guys and Gals,

I would definitely test drive one to see if you're a fan before hand, most of us knew at first drive that this would be the car for us. Obviously not as fast as a C7 but for a car that is practical enough to be a daily driver, it is a monster in the canyons and smiles are still had with every drive.

For the price the car is a great cross between budget and performance, just try not to get too carried away with mods as many of us on this forum have and your wallet should stay happy too lol.

One thing I'd also recommend is trying the Recaro seats and seeing if it's something you're interested in. Lots of people here swear by them, and if you can get them as an option already in the car you won't have to go through the trouble of scavenging for some later down the line. Others prefer the base seats for a less race car feel and more comfortable for long trips/commuting.

Overall if you think you'll be happy with the car I say go for it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Keep the Vette, buy a new ST, they are giving them away, or get a used one even cheaper.

The ST is a decent car but it’s going to feel like a toy compared to your Vette.
Only if you don't load it up with some go fast fun parts! [party]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF I owned a C7, I would KEEP it, but then I also would want a manual gearbox in it (NO MATTER how 'wonderful' everyone claims that 8 speed slushbox may be).

BTW; the ONLY 3 pot Ford power plant we get here stateside is the 1.0 EcoBoost in the SFE Fiestas (this is the engine used in the 2 door R2 spec actual rally cars in Europe/everywhere).

My first thought is would your dad be cool with you selling his gift and cashing out? If the answer is yes go drive one and find out what you think.

One of the guys at work has a C7 Vette and its much faster than this car sure but I can bet i have as much if not more fun on the way to work as him. Oh and the front end doesnt hop on low speed turns :D

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Keep the C7 it was a gift plus its your dream car! Why sell your dream car? Buy the Fiesta ST as the fun daily, if you want it . Its surely not going to break your bank or you would not be considering it . I am right ya?

That's one of the best most generous gifts I have heard about. I think selling it would be a huge mistake since it's already taken the off the lot depreciation, and if I was pops I would not be impressed. From what I've seen they hold their value very well so why not put at least 25-50k miles on it so you feel like you've really lived that dream out? Yeah the Fiesta is heaps of fun, but is it your dream, and is it a dream Dad shares in? Doubt it. Either way talk it over with Dad so he understands your priorities have changed and doesn't hear it out of the blue. After that you better not say one bad word (or not around Dad) about FWD torque-steer, lack of traction, etc.. the limitations that come with a torquey hot hatch with small tires.

Definitely a pretty crazy thought haha. But I can understand where you're coming from.

Go give one a test drive and see what you think. Just like others have mentioned...maybe pick up a used one for cheap-ish and keep the corvette. Or sell the corvette and put a little money into making a bad-ass little Fiesta. One thing is for sure, you never know until you give it a test drive.

I know for me, I considered selling my WRX (2013 hatch with heavy mods) in order to get a brand new Fiesta ST. Absolutely nothing with the WRX, I love it but it's a handful and if my right foot gets generous I could go to jail lol. Long story short, I sat down and worked it out where I could keep the subaru and buy a used Fiesta that was just what I wanted for a really good deal. Even though the WRX is wayyy faster, the Fiesta is every bit as fun (in a different way) and I think you'll find the same with your vette.