Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

30% of ST owners make over $100k?

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Yeah, My wife and I, fit into the 100K+ yearly category and I'm over 30. I drive the FiST and she has a Focus. I love cars (working on them and racing them) but I have multiple residences, many...many, lol, other hobbies, and savings/ retirement. The FiST gives me the fun of a car that cost much more without having to give up my other interests. Plus, I have a teenager in the house...which isn't cheap, lol.

fST

Wow, I'm sort of surprised to see a few of these responses!

I'm a single 29 year old and well above that $100k+/year category. While I love cars, I just can't quite justify getting something too expensive, even while my net worth is 2.5 times my income (from living well below my means and diligently saving and investing). I don't have a FiST currently but I am looking to get one soon, to replace my 11 year old SVT Focus I bought new back in 2004. I like the FiST because of the value and fun you get from such a low priced vehicle. One of the best driver's cars for under $25k? Stage 3 for under $30k? Nice!

Like others have said, some people don't go all out and buy as much house and/or car they can afford. Most millionaires are modest, not like those that you see on TV. But also as others said, this is referring to householdincome, not individual income.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
100k ... I wish lol

I got the fist because it was affordable, cheap to insure, and I can pay it off easily while saving for a house at the same time.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Most of my life I did not make a great deal of money but lived very well by spending it all but carefully, getting deals, making my own parts, working on the side as well for the bigger toys, remodeling ours and other houses, etc....I have seen and done far more than most will ever do and have no regrets for spending all I had. I have seen far to many prepare for retirement, never do much, retire then either still do not do much as not really sure what to do or gotten to used to doing little, got sick and blew it on medical, died right away, lost it in the stock market like my neighbor up the hill with a beautiful house that is more a prison now....

I was planning on buying a C7 Vette when I sold my C6, had a C5 race car as well, now I see the C7 and they are cool to look at but not even slightly interested in them and I could have one but I am more than happy modding my little FiST, I will keep it and enjoy it but will also likely get a Miata again in the future, I love those cars:)

The FiST was exactly what I wanted and needed, at exactly the price I wanted to spend. As for the 30% having over 100k in income, as was mentioned you have to look at the location of the individuals. Although I will say I was rather shocked to see the median household income in my city is around 49k, so over 100k here is doing pretty well I would say.

OP
XuperXero

XuperXero

Thread Starter #46
Wow, you guys are such ballers.

I'm in the $$35-40k bracket commission dependant. My FiST at MSRP and before sales tax is 31k USD.

I looked at used cars first, but then all the cars I looked... I realized was over 50k USD, FiST was cheaper brand new. LOL