Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Alternator/ Electrical "big 3"

Hey team Fiesta,

I own a 2016 Fiesta St and I've added a cobb accessport and 400w amp with 2 12" subwoofers. I drive my car daily and harder on the weekends, nothing too prolonged.

I'm hoping to find find an alternator with a higher amp output, but I haven't been able to find any simple click buy higher output replacements for the alternator and was hoping to find some advice here.

Also possibly upgrade my battery charging wire, engine ground, and battery ground as I've seen those are subtle, but solid upgrades to an electrical system. From what I've gathered 1/0 gauge wire is a good size to use for the " big 3", as multiple youtubers called it, but wanted to clarify that size was still applicable to our fiestas. Hoping not to fry my baby.. fingers crossed.

Thanks for your time

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I am unsure of the necessity of upgrading those wires & alternator. Quite a few people here have added amps with no repercussions. Myself, I have had a 750w (did cause some headlight dimming when dial at 11) and currently have a 1000w (with no notable dimming). A capacitor placed with the Amp would probably fix the fluxuations but that was something I didn't feel the need for.

Someone else on here can probably comment on whether 1/0 is good or not, I do not remember what size they come with stock. A quick search has shown folks considering an upgraded alternator, but I cannot find anything that shows someone actually doing it or what it entails.

Good luck on your system build.