Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Electrical issues

I am experiencing electrical issues with my 2016 Fiesta ST lighting system, specifically on the driver's side headlight, taillights, and license plate lights.

Upon inspection, I noticed burnt wires around the crimps of the driver's side headlight. I attempted to resolve the issue by cutting the wire back, stripping it, and installing a new plug, but the headlight remains non-functional. I tried a new bulb as well. Voltage and continuity have been confirmed with a meter. While the high beams and turn signals are operational, the low beams are not.

Furthermore, my taillights and license plate lights have ceased to function. The brake lights, turn signals, and reverse lights remain functional. I have tried replacing the tail lights with stock assembly but the issue persists. All wires and connections to the tail lights looked perfectly fine.

Somebody on another forum suggested it could be the BCM module. I checked the fuse to the BCM module and it has continuity, there was no voltage or continuty to the pins. I disconnected the battery to try and reset the BCM module but issues still persisted. So could this be my issue or should I be looking somewhere else?

I kindly request assistance in diagnosing and resolving this electrical problem. Any insights or recommendations from individuals who have encountered similar issues would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: