Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

An idea for Ford for their ST lineup of cars. Dashboard rewards!

Hello ST people,

New ST owner (coming up to 72 hours) with my 2016 Fiesta ST in Magnetic. This is my first ever manual car, first ever "performance oriented" car, and my first car I have owned newer then the year 2000.

I'm not going to lie its been a rough couple of days of stalling and cruising the parking lots trying to figure out this third pedal and shifter. As I was sitting here binging on "How to drive Manual" youtube videos, and reading the forums here; I came up with an idea that would make driving even more "Fun".

Dashboard rewards!

Dashboard rewards could be some personal driver statistics like "You didn't stall the car today". "You did a perfect rev match!" . "You increased your fuel efficiency in the last 20 miles!", "You obeyed the speed limit for the last 100 miles", "You engaged the parking brake when parking on an incline!" "You just boosted!", "You met your service schedule for your car!", "You just did a sick burnout for 42.2 meters", "Your car has not detected any abrupt movement to the shocks, +5 points for pothole aversion!".

With today's technology and sensors, personal driving metrics would be so cool. To look back on all your metrics over the past day, week, month, etc. To earn rewards or set goals.

The technology is already there in the car, and with just some minor tweaks, and some good software to compile it all together into meaningful statistics, would make for a really cool feature to a car like the ST.

(I make posts like this when I'm bored, don't mind me)

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Bored with an ST available? Just hop in and go for a drive! Problem solved! [emoji2]

Sent using Tapatalk

Hello ST people,

New ST owner (coming up to 72 hours) with my 2016 Fiesta ST in Magnetic. This is my first ever manual car, first ever "performance oriented" car, and my first car I have owned newer then the year 2000.

I'm not going to lie its been a rough couple of days of stalling and cruising the parking lots trying to figure out this third pedal and shifter. As I was sitting here binging on "How to drive Manual" youtube videos, and reading the forums here; I came up with an idea that would make driving even more "Fun and engaging".

Dashboard rewards!

Dashboard rewards could be some personal driver statistics like "You didn't stall the car today". "You did a perfect rev match!" . "You increased your fuel efficiency in the last 20 miles!", "You obeyed the speed limit for the last 100 miles", "You engaged the parking brake when parking on an incline!" "You just boosted!", "You met your service schedule for your car!", "You just did a sick burnout for 42.2 meters", "Your car has not detected any abrupt movement to the shocks, +5 points for pothole aversion!".

With today's technology and sensors, personal driving metrics would be so cool. To look back on all your metrics over the past day, week, month, etc. To earn rewards or set goals.

The technology is already there in the car, and with just some minor tweaks, and some good software to compile it all together into meaningful statistics, would make for a really cool feature to a car like the ST.

(I make posts like this when I'm bored, don't mind me)
Great ideas. Some other cars (the Juke Nismo) as well as a host of hot hatches in Europe actually do offer metrics measuring and actually display them, though nothing as cute as "You just boosted". In my personal opinion my car shouldn't talk to me like a mom teaching her kid to ride a bike.
Also presenting info in this manner could result in some drivers reasoning that their car implored them to "beat my personal record of a 42.2 meter burnout with a smoking burnout throughout the entire residential area". It's like Ford offering a Drift Mode, but then having the screen say "Your best drift yet! 1525 points! Combo with upcoming right to increase your score!"

Now I'll allow it if in addition to it offering a reward for not stalling, it should also scold you, throw a sad face up on the screen, and require you to take route that is flat, straight, and jammed with traffic.

Now actual metrics. An actual vacuum/boost gauge, coolant level temp, G sensors, individual wheel and grip speed, steering position in relation to yaw, pitch..etc so you can dial in oversteer, displayed then logged for download, as you're right the tech is there. And the Accessport actually shows alot of this though.

Along the same line.

Personality lights instead of just that blue blacklit for the tach/speedo. Have it turn green for ECO mode, then blue for NORMAL, and red for TRACK. An actual shift light, F1 style, instead of a little arrow, that gives the current gear and adapts to display different progressions depending on your drive preference as well, so people new to manuals know exactly where to shift to get the most mpg or fun.

Now about learning to drive a manual. Understand that there is no "learning" to be done. Simply let the car show you the way. It's a lifelong journey with no destination. The only difference between you and someone like Tiff Neadle is that you are on a different part of this journey of "Driver Enthusiast Enlightenment."

Spaceman_Spiff

I think I've seen FoST owners post messages that their car said they achieved Eco Mode or something by hitting a certain MPG for so long. Perhaps they already have something similar.