Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone running Scorpion Exhaust?

I'm looking to get new exhaust and I'm down to the Thermal, which everyone seems to like or the Scorpion. I'm getting rid of my Cobb because its droning pretty bad at 3200 rpm's. According to everything I've read, if I get the Thermal, It's going to make angels sing as I drive, but I really like the sound of the Scorpion. Does anyone run Scorpion and how is the drone situation? Thanks in advance

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Its the only other exhaust I would get Besides the Thermal...which I currently run. The only sound clips I've found are on Youlose/ YouTube. If you do buy it....get it with the Resonator and be one of the few....the proud...the unicorn!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I just got my Thermal put on last thursday and it sounds fantastic. I also liked the sound of the few scorpion exhausts Ive heard on youtube. Curious to see what those running it have to say.

I was tempted by it because I always thought their VW/VR6 stuff sounded awesome and I wanted to go outside the box, but I was told it is loud and fairly droney.

I doubt many other systems can compete with the Thermals magical balance of tasteful sound when you want it, and near stock noise when you don't.

I wanted "special" 16" wheels, got the Konigs, I wanted "special" exhaust, bought the Thermal. Those two things are by far the best aftermarket decisions I have made with the car so far. Sometimes not overthinking it is the best choice.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^Yes, I agree with you on both of those items above, and also in wanting something 'different'.

I 'settled' on the Dekagrams because their weight, price, strength and looks are impossible to beat, even though I do still lust after the insanely priced, but 'different' (and heavier, but probably stronger yet) Braid Fullrace As.
Yes, many will say that the Braids look like sooo many other wheels, but so few actually have them on these cars.

The Thermal system would be on my car now if it was around when I first wanted an aftermarket exhaust, and installed the CP-E Nexus system.

A feature I like about both the CP-E and Thermal is that one can change out the tips if they desire to change things up every so often, or if they just do not love the ones which come standard on the system.
And yes, this allows one to be different from the masses with the same system, at least concerning the part which can be readily seen without crawling under the car. [wink]

That cannot be done (at least not as easily, without major surgery) with all of those systems with two pipes welded onto the back box directly into the tips.
But yeah, this is a small 'aesthetic point' which most on here will not care about.

Last edited:

ronmcdon

I inquired with Ron at Whoosh earlier in the year about this. Didn't really check the sound clips. Just thought the brand name "scorpion" sounded cool and I liked it was British.

Sadly it turns out there was some fitment issues that made it difficult to work and I recall Ron not recommending it. Went with thermal instead. Oh and if you do get a thermal, the Swave 6 pt tunnel brace is not likely to fit.

One more thing to consider with many of the UK made systems is they are designed for the shallower euro bumpers, tips might not stick out enough on NA bumpers.

Whoosh and Milltek have corrected this with an NA version but I don't think many of the other UK made systems have.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I thought Peltonracer was running a scorpion system*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk