Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Are stage 1 and 2 fully dependent on bolt ons?

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #22
Perfect. OP just needs to find this listing, confirm it is unmarried, and hop on that shit pronto lol. Oh, and make sure the used one is from a Focus or Fiesta ST, it will not work if from a Subaru, Focus RS, or any other car. Only the Focus and Fiesta.
Ill keep it in mind but i gotta wait till payday this friday lol. On another note i had a separate question. Is there any benefit to e30 without a specific e30 tune?

I understand it burns cooler, wont that help a stock ST even? I have heard you get worse gas mileage on it but it's also considerably cheaper than standard octane.

Ion't know if there is an E30 pump where I live but there are several E85 pumps and if I remember all you have to do is put in a two-to-one ratio of normal Octane and E85 is that correct?

If there is any benefit even on stock engines and tunes I would start using E30 Blends tomorrow while I'm waiting to make my upgrades.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The best way to get e30 Is to mix e85 and 91 0r 93 together. I found that to be about 8 gallons of 93 and about 3.5 gallons of e85 to get e30 with the E30 stratified tune. This is what was Recommended when I filled up. It is immediately noticeable after you take it out for a test beat. Your fuel economy does suffer definitely but I was still in the low 30s on the highway and mid 20s in the city. It all depends on how much you get on it and spend in boost also . You CANNOT use a Blend without the PROPER TUNE...it could cause engine damage. DONT DO IT! Just wait until you get your e30 tune to use ethanol.

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #24
The best way to get e30 Is to mix e85 and 91 0r 93 together. I found that to be about 8 gallons of 93 and about 3.5 gallons of e85 to get e30 with the E30 stratified tune. This is what was Recommended when I filled up. It is immediately noticeable after you take it out for a test beat. Your fuel economy does suffer definitely but I was still in the low 30s on the highway and mid 20s in the city. It all depends on how much you get on it and spend in boost also . You CANNOT use a Blend without the PROPER TUNE...it could cause engine damage. DONT DO IT! Just wait until you get your e30 tune to use ethanol.
Ok lol no e30 yet. I noticed on our gas inlets it says 0-e15. Im assiming thats half of e30? If so whats that turn out to about 1.5 gallons per tank assuming the gas isnt already mixed with E?

So is it not really about using ethanol and more about not too high a mixture?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Some vehicles by certain manufacturers can use E85. But they are designed to be able to run it and Tuned for it. In Mn all of our gas has 10% ethanol in it or around. Just because the pump says e85 doesn't mean its Pure e85 either its usually lowest standard it must meet is 50% to the highest of 80-90% This is why running a content gauge and blending is easier. If your car is tuned for e85 and what you put in is actually e50....you cant really blend that to be e85. But if you have e85 and then blend with say 93 oct its easier to bring the content down to e50 than up to e85 if its not pure e85....ya get me brodiglio?

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #26
Some vehicles by certain manufacturers can use E85. But they are designed to be able to run it and Tuned for it. In Mn all of our gas has 10% ethanol in it or around. Just because the pump says e85 doesn't mean its Pure e85 either its usually lowest standard it must meet is 50% to the highest of 80-90% This is why running a content gauge and blending is easier. If your car is tuned for e85 and what you put in is actually e50....you cant really blend that to be e85. But if you have e85 and then blend with say 93 oct its easier to bring the content down to e50 than up to e85 if its not pure e85....ya get me brodiglio?
Yep everything you said is in line with what i've been reading, and it all makes sense. I guess what im wondering though is, most people say don't use any e85 mixture, yet our tank inlets say we can go up to e15. As i understand it gas in many places is as much as 10% ethanol blend already, so that means even without a tune, there's another 5% we could push it, by MFG standards, without any ill effects?

And of course if one were to test the standard gas and find it only has like 2%, they could stand to gain another 13% ethanol mixing and would get a good amount of benefit, all while staying within those MFG specs. Am i understanding it right? So far the info i have found says a few things. Don't use too much ethanol bc our injectors can't handle it. That more ethanol allows our engines to run cooler bc of an evaporative effect. That ethanol doesn't knock under higher pressure, allowing more boost safely. And, ethanol gives the mixture a higher octane than just standard gas alone.

So as long as we don't shoot too far with the mixture, the benefits are still there, tune or otherwise right?

Because Ethanol has less energy by volume compared to gasoline the fuel tables need to be adjusted by a tuner for more than E10.

Last edited:

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Yep everything you said is in line with what i've been reading, and it all makes sense. I guess what im wondering though is, most people say don't use any e85 mixture, yet our tank inlets say we can go up to e15. As i understand it gas in many places is as much as 10% ethanol blend already, so that means even without a tune, there's another 5% we could push it, by MFG standards, without any ill effects?

And of course if one were to test the standard gas and find it only has like 2%, they could stand to gain another 13% ethanol mixing and would get a good amount of benefit, all while staying within those MFG specs. Am i understanding it right? So far the info i have found says a few things. Don't use too much ethanol bc our injectors can't handle it. That more ethanol allows our engines to run cooler bc of an evaporative effect. That ethanol doesn't knock under higher pressure, allowing more boost safely. And, ethanol gives the mixture a higher octane than just standard gas alone.

So as long as we don't shoot too far with the mixture, the benefits are still there, tune or otherwise right?
In theory that makes sense. But in reality, I'm not so sure, even if it did work as you described you would not receive the performance benefits proportionally. I am certainly not an expert on this at all. Think of it like this, going to the gym twice a week can be beneficial, but it would be much better to go five times a week and drink a protein shake after (running with a tune). I'd image the E15 limit is in place for the engine's safety on the event you use regular fuel that just happens to have a lot of ethanol in it.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
The reason it says e15 is because e15 is a popular fuel mixture in certain parts of the country. It's typically sold as 88 octane/ e15 and is typically about ten cents a gallon cheaper than regular 87.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Long story short increasing the ethanol content in your fuel without telling the car what to do with it is basically pointless.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club

Yep, you can add 1.5 gallons of e85 to 91 gas to equal 93 gas for a stock or 93 tune... Also, FYI, Dizzy has his special starting this Sunday, $75 for a pump AND e30 tune both!

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #34
Yep, you can add 1.5 gallons of e85 to 91 gas to equal 93 gas for a stock or 93 tune... Also, FYI, Dizzy has his special starting this Sunday, $75 for a pump AND e30 tune both!
Well im in Stratified for the time being, although i can't say i won't try out a Dizzy e30 tune eventually as it's only $75 for the flash. Last night i got the lowest temps yet on e30, hit 64F close to midnight. So much more power too, the air temp definitely makes a difference, charge temps were low 70s when in motion, so fun to drive this car like this.

Freaking cops everywhere though, 3 minutes from my house i passed a person pulled over while 2 cop SUVs were talking in a parking lot across the street. I've always been mindful of cops but lately they have been everywhere, it's really cramping my AP tests.

Well im in Stratified for the time being, although i can't say i won't try out a Dizzy e30 tune eventually as it's only $75 for the flash. Last night i got the lowest temps yet on e30, hit 64F close to midnight. So much more power too, the air temp definitely makes a difference, charge temps were low 70s when in motion, so fun to drive this car like this.

Freaking cops everywhere though, 3 minutes from my house i passed a person pulled over while 2 cop SUVs were talking in a parking lot across the street. I've always been mindful of cops but lately they have been everywhere, it's really cramping my AP tests.
Do pulls entering the highway or pull over on the highway and then do a test hit. ✅

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ive found that doing Test hits or log runs at about 10-11p at night is the best time. I utilize my local freeway where there is no place for Johnny Law to hide and bag me. It does help to Have a radar detector to signal you early that the cops are near. I have a V1 and it a great piece of speed Equipment that is legal in most states. It does give you an extra edge....I don't give two shits what people say about it. It works to help avoid tickets. There are plenty times it warned well ahead of time that da Highway hawk is up ahead or behind. :cool:

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Ive found that doing Test hits or log runs at about 10-11p at night is the best time. I utilize my local freeway where there is no place for Johnny Law to hide and bag me. It does help to Have a radar detector to signal you early that the cops are near. I have a V1 and it a great piece of speed Equipment that is legal in most states. It does give you an extra edge....I don't give two shits what people say about it. It works to help avoid tickets. There are plenty times it warned well ahead of time that da Highway hawk is up ahead or behind. :cool:
You got a link to that? I've always been interested in one.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You got a link to that? I've always been interested in one.
DO NOT BUY FROM ANYWHERE BUT Valentine 1....There are a lot of refurbished units everywhere. I personally own 2 units. 1 for the FiST and 1 for the Typhoon! They also look to be out of stock also....Id call them.

https://store.valentine1.com/store/

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The only place they aren't legal IS D.C. and Virginia....a few states don't like them being stuck to the Windshield either....Thats why you get a Rear view mirror mount......its sneaky and stealthy! This map shows even though its 2014...its still relevant.

1567204700710.png