arm rest cover?

Member ID
just got my st, I love it.

Only issue I have is the armrest is in a bad spot for me and is hard plastic. I am very tall so whenever I shift the car my elbow hits the arm rest. Wearing a t-shirt with my elbow exposed it is already causing skin irritation. The armrest is not adjustable so I can not do anything about the position but if i could find some kind of cover so the relatively rough plastic didnt rub my elbow it would be nice.

any suggestions?

Spork1569

Member ID
Some people get a shifter extension to get around that problem. I myself am short and short limbed so my arms don't hit luckily, but that seems like a not so expensive fix.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Member ID
I know there are some covers available. Haven't seen any personally.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Member ID
Redlinegoods.com sell custom covers. I got the padded variant and it really helped. Only other option, other than changing the shifter, would be to remove the lid. Held on via couple screws.

Member ID
I am very tall so whenever I shift the car my elbow hits the arm rest.
You can pop it open while driving. That might help. I have the same issue, so I actually removed the entire armrest, leaving the metal "skeleton" underneath. I then zip-tied the "skeleton" to the storage console to keep it down. Extremely ghetto but my elbow loved it! :ROFLMAO: But ended up being too ghetto so I returned it to normal and just changed my arm positioning a little to stop it from hitting the armest when shifting.

Member ID
I'm 6'-2" and love my padded armrest from RedlineGoods. Sure, it would be nice if Ford had positioned the armrest a bit farther back, but a high-quality leather padded cover is the next best thing!

I paired the armrest with their shift boot - another quality product.

Redline Armrest.JPG Redline Shift Boot.JPG

DangerMouse

Member ID
Shifter extension definitely helps. I like the room with the arm rest up but is not practical. I want to replace the arm rest with a small flat padded lid. Just been too lazy to come up with anything.