Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Loud Noise from Armrest Storage Area

Greetings folks,

Since I purchased the car there has been this noise coming out from the armrest area:
https://youtu.be/hpSQCqgR8ME

The noise will stop if I put pressure on the armrest or console base from the side, i.e. push them from the side.

Initially I suspect it was something with the storage cap, which I took it off and put some sponge at the metal/metal contact points, but the problem persists. I tried remove the entire console base and tighten every possible screws I could see but it didn't work. Right now I'm suspecting it is from the USB/SD Card port inside the armrest storage, but again it doesn't make a lot of sense because pushing the console base/armrest to stop the noise has nothing to do with the port.

I'd appreciate any input on this. It's pretty noisy and almost intolerable. I feel like my car is falling apart sometimes.

Thanks a lot!!

Welcome to the world of hopped up shitboxes.......
These cars are full of hard plastic surfaces, with little to no buffer in between......
You could try adding some washers behind the mounting screws at the base, this could at least take up any excess space which would allow the console to move and rattle.
Just a thought

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
There are little rubber feet on the bottom of the lid to keep it from rattling. Maybe they're missing or worn out.

That is a cheap-ass little box. [xx(]

OP
H
Thread Starter #5
Welcome to the world of hopped up shitboxes.......
These cars are full of hard plastic surfaces, with little to no buffer in between......
You could try adding some washers behind the mounting screws at the base, this could at least take up any excess space which would allow the console to move and rattle.
Just a thought
Yeah I will try that. The sound will stop if I push the box or the cup holder area from the side, so it may have something to do with the mounting screw....

All our money goes to the engine, chassis, etc. basically none to the interior lol

OP
H
Thread Starter #6
I buffered every possible contact points inside/outside the lid.... So cheaply constructed

OP
H
Thread Starter #7
There are little rubber feet on the bottom of the lid to keep it from rattling. Maybe they're missing or worn out.

That is a cheap-ass little box. [xx(]
Yeah I will check it out. This shit is annoying me to death everyday.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
All our money goes to the engine, chassis, etc. basically none to the interior lol
Yup.

They had to keep it at a certain price point. If I have to live with a cheap interior, at least I get some fun in the corners. It's a fair trade, I think.

I'm an old guy. This interior is freaking excellent compared to some of the cars I've owned.