Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ATP Turbo Kit, who's got one?

I hear you, but I want to do a before and after comparison so the plan is to pull and port mine in the near future and then possibly a dhm manifold after that!

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I hear you, but I want to do a before and after comparison so the plan is to pull and port mine in the near future and then possibly a dhm manifold after that!
Will be interesting and helpful to see real quantifiable comparisons of how much of a difference porting the stock manifold actually does make...So far your results are quite impressive without having to port a manifold and may not be necessary...

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
I agree and glad you didn't, so that you have a baseline to work from. I wanted to see what an off the shelf ATP kit would do bolted on straight-up without other variables mucking things up. I'm impressed with your results thus far.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
$175 and zero down time :)
And I'd be interested in your results as well on a big turbo.

On a stock turbo, even without the turbocharger work, porting the turbine housing and manifolds NO DOUBT make a real nice difference.

I did mine back before I even knew how to properly datalog, had ever heard of VD or datazap. But make no mistake about it, the feel of the car was noticeable at every single rpm. The car drove way better with the AC on, as odd of a thing to notice as that is, lol.

I have ATP GT2560R turbo Wednesday a first time done here._. Stay in touch or stop by COBB Plano TX they have never put one in @ Plano /Dallas or Austin. We can find out together how it goes.

I have the ATP 2554 kit. Other power mods are 2jr DP (no cat) to Cobb CBE with cutout, Levels intercooler, Injen intake. The shop that I go to have a 'heartbreaker dyno', it is true wheel HP with no corrections, hence lower numbers.

With the intake and factory tune, it put down 165WHP. With the intake and stage 1 OTS tune, it put down 171WHP with a bump in low end torque.

After running around stage 3 with a e-tune (no dyno), I wanted more power. Ended up going with a full recirc system with the install instead of the usual bigass TiAL BOV.

The two dynoruns are a year apart, but the air temp and humidy were within 4F/% of each other. If factory numbers are correct, 165whp/197crankhp=0.837 for drive train loss of 16.3%. If those numbers stay correct, 241.9WHP x 1.163= 281 crank HP. In the interest of full disclosure, the factory dyno pull was on the standard 205/40/17, the big(ger) turbo tires were 205/45/17 RE 71s.

It was dyno tuned have it set to 25 of air lbs/min 19PSI. Looking at the compressor map, this puts it in the tail end of a 68% efficiency table at a pressure ratio of 2.25. For my car and altitude (14.4psi), it would have done no good for me too run 20-plus pounds of boost. The HPFP is running about 90% duty cycle. My tuner said he could get close to 255WHP, but I value reliability over 10-15 more WHP. The Levels intercooler keeps up with new turbo without a hitch despite what others might say (glancing during autocross, it is about 15F above amb.) It a nut shell, less power below 3K, but it comes alive above 3K. The 2554 will spool to about 7PSI below 3k and goes up rapidly from there. This is mainly an autocross car and I have not problem with the lower power below 3K. It actually helps that I'm not spinning the tires with a buttload of low end torque like the factory turbo. I have yet to take it to the 1/4, but it pulls on my friends factory Focus ST very well...

Out the door, (ATP kit, install and dyno tune) I paid <$3000. I could have saved on install by DIYing it, but having a baby on the way and just buying new house means I'd rather spend the money than invest the time.

And my favorite shoot for the 2015 autox season:

edit: added correct lbs/min figure

Butterybunz

Another GT2554R kit here...

My tuner is Tune+ and right now we have 91 octane finished and the cars pulls and feels great. You are sacrificing the huge low end torque punch you get with the stock turbo in exchange for a much more linear power band that pulls hard until 7k redline. Peak boost (22lbs on 91 octane) is being reached at around 3700. We started to do an e30 tune and realized we were maxing out the WGA at 22lbs. This weekend I am planning to preload the WGA to allow for higher peak boost (26lbs). Tune+ says he has gotten 290whp on a GT2554R with e30 using this method.

I bought the ATP kit from EdgeAutosport and got a really good deal on an ATP Downpipe from a member on here plus I'm running an NGR Type S BOV. All of those items combined plus paying a mechanic friend for install I am into this setup for under $2,000.

Another GT2554R kit here...

My tuner is Tune+ and right now we have 91 octane finished and the cars pulls and feels great. You are sacrificing the huge low end torque punch you get with the stock turbo in exchange for a much more linear power band that pulls hard until 7k redline. Peak boost (22lbs on 91 octane) is being reached at around 3700. We started to do an e30 tune and realized we were maxing out the WGA at 22lbs. This weekend I am planning to preload the WGA to allow for higher peak boost (26lbs). Tune+ says he has gotten 290whp on a GT2554R with e30 using this method.

I bought the ATP kit from EdgeAutosport and got a really good deal on an ATP Downpipe from a member on here plus I'm running an NGR Type 2 BOV. All of those items combined plus paying a mechanic friend for install I am into this setup for under $2,000.

Wow that is pretty inexpensive.

I have it being installed right now and with the race gas tune and allthe COBB goodies. I think I can a do much better BPH. A track day at Yellow Belly gets me 22/24 mpg. On that fact "race gas" there is no reason not too. If you want the Garret ATP GT2560R Edge Auto Sport has them and JP is the owner and he know's his sht. He works wiith COBB and makes sure you will get all the right hose, worm clamps BOV. A lot of money to get to 300hp but the cost gas and parts that fail or wear out racing or hooning has got to much cheaper than a 2011 Mustang Shelby....Cuz thats where you are headed power to weight wise= 50k 4 a used Shelby it does not like a chicane at all or turning. The good thing is after u go big turbo little car there is not much else you can do hp to money wise= u are there plenty O fun, now go buy all the carbon fiber you can find if makes you happy cuz u r done. Later I post some real deal stage one, two, three stuff . I feel I have to cuz these companies forget to tell you things like well you have real real sticky tires on like my R888's then ani-sway bars you will feel a unibody flex will wipe a smile from your face quickly. Stage 3 install the Quaife Diff install the synthetic clutch or don't bother with the big tubo your gonna fuk up u car. And don't forget more horse power means more heat. Do it right and yes this car can compare to a 50k car. You know the old saying "built not bought"

Brura22

I have it being installed right now and with the race gas tune and allthe COBB goodies. I think I can a do much better BPH. A track day at Yellow Belly gets me 22/24 mpg. On that fact "race gas" there is no reason not too. If you want the Garret ATP GT2560R Edge Auto Sport has them and JP is the owner and he know's his sht. He works wiith COBB and makes sure you will get all the right hose, worm clamps BOV. A lot of money to get to 300hp but the cost gas and parts that fail or wear out racing or hooning has got to much cheaper than a 2011 Mustang Shelby....Cuz thats where you are headed power to weight wise= 50k 4 a used Shelby it does not like a chicane at all or turning. The good thing is after u go big turbo little car there is not much else you can do hp to money wise= u are there plenty O fun, now go buy all the carbon fiber you can find if makes you happy cuz u r done. Later I post some real deal stage one, two, three stuff . I feel I have to cuz these companies forget to tell you things like well you have real real sticky tires on like my R888's then ani-sway bars you will feel a unibody flex will wipe a smile from your face quickly. Stage 3 install the Quaife Diff install the synthetic clutch or don't bother with the big tubo your gonna fuk up u car. And don't forget more horse power means more heat. Do it right and yes this car can compare to a 50k car. You know the old saying "built not bought"
I cant even... was that english?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I'm just wondering how he's even able to use a keyboard or access the internet, let alone create a username and post on a forum.