Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ATP Turbo upgrade

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I'm with you on the fuel deposit concerns. It happens enough already without mucking with the fuel system.
It is also very hard on plugs. MS3's usually need a plug change around 60k or less.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
My srt4 ran 11.30 on a td04 turbo and nitrous and had alcoy injection. I'd say that makes me fairly "experienced" as well.
My civic ran 13 bottles through a 160k motor before I pulled a good running motor to install one with lower compression and turbo'd it with various turbo parts from all kinds of cars. I BUILT.

And the mazda speed guys are all still going slow because they are closed minded and think if it doesn't come in a kit from Cobb then it can't be done.

Fuel on the back of the valves... Guess what is on the back of the valves RIGHT NOW....? Oil.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
My srt4 ran 11.30 on a td04 turbo and nitrous and had alcoy injection. I'd say that makes me fairly "experienced" as well.
My civic ran 13 bottles through a 160k motor before I pulled a good running motor to install one with lower compression and turbo'd it with various turbo parts from all kinds of cars. I BUILT.

And the mazda speed guys are all still going slow because they are closed minded and think if it doesn't come in a kit from Cobb then it can't be done.

Fuel on the back of the valves... Guess what is on the back of the valves RIGHT NOW....? Oil.
LOl 11.30! lookout. Yea because there is so much blow by that it could hamper the car the same amount, of how you put it "100hp worth of fuel" LOl yea right. Mazda guys have a lead on most of the ST guys by a few years so best to look to them for ideas.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
11.30 is fast in a fwd daily driver, lol.
Made 409whp and 505tq on the bottle 354whp 407tq on just boost. 11.90 without the bottle. The stock turbo on those is tiny as well, if you don't know.

Any gimp can gut a V8, slap slicks on it and a bottle and go fast... I know this because my first quick car was a.... Yep. 89' LX hatchback with.... Guess.... Lol

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
And yes... 100hp of raw fuel was fogged into it via one nozzle. And I also pumped in as much 100% meth as the car would drink without choking, but it did not rely on it for fuel.

iso100

1000 Post Club
I'm impressed! Damn those SRT4s are sick. Probably not as fun a chassis as the Fiesta ST.

I think we're going a bit nuts here. I'm sure there's a few variables we can watch during a data log to tell how close we are to maxing out the stock fuel system. The ATP guys didn't get there yet at 12.4... So I think we have a bit of headroom.

Let's hug and place bets pending an official word from a tuner using a "big" turbo on these tiny engines...

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
11.30 is fast in a fwd daily driver, lol.
Made 409whp and 505tq on the bottle 354whp 407tq on just boost. 11.90 without the bottle. The stock turbo on those is tiny as well, if you don't know.

Any gimp can gut a V8, slap slicks on it and a bottle and go fast... I know this because my first quick car was a.... Yep. 89' LX hatchback with.... Guess.... Lol
Well thats funny because my car weighed 3827 with me in it? Srt4's had a version of the 16g its not that small.

And yes... 100hp of raw fuel was fogged into it via one nozzle. And I also pumped in as much 100% meth as the car would drink without choking, but it did not rely on it for fuel.
On a DI engine. Thats what we were talking bout. Not a Peon.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I'm impressed! Damn those SRT4s are sick. Probably not as fun a chassis as the Fiesta ST.

I think we're going a bit nuts here. I'm sure there's a few variables we can watch during a data log to tell how close we are to maxing out the stock fuel system. The ATP guys didn't get there yet at 12.4... So I think we have a bit of headroom.

Let's hug and place bets pending an official word from a tuner using a "big" turbo on these tiny engines...
Im not a fan of wanting to make a ton of power out of this car. Its really not what it was meant to be doing. The car is fun. I will probally just do bolt ons and enjoy it with the stock turbo. Its my daily.

iso100

1000 Post Club
Just bolt ons for me too. I like the big lump of torque down low. My XR was similar in power delivery before I retarded the cam. I almost prefer it the other way...

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Well thats funny because my car weighed 3827 with me in it? Srt4's had a version of the 16g its not that small.

On a DI engine. Thats what we were talking bout. Not a Peon.
Stock turbo was a td04-15g. A td05-16g is about.... Ok. Its night and day if you don't know mistu turbos. And we are also stuck with one size turbine housing.

Think.... T25 garrett vs T3 .60/.63.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
How durable do you think the driveteain is?
YEt to be seen. Honda transmissions on there B-series were pretty darn stout and were rated for far less tq. I would think that this Trans would be strong as it was designed to be in a car that was heavier. The lack of a LSD weakens it to some point. Wheel hop is the great destroyer of Transmissions.

Just bolt ons for me too. I like the big lump of torque down low. My XR was similar in power delivery before I retarded the cam. I almost prefer it the other way...
Exactly.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Ok guys this thread is way off topic. Can we please refocus our energy on ATP.
Feel free to have this debate in a free for all thread.

Thank you in advance.

just got word that I have a buyer for my old car, pay towards loan or pick up one of these with full bolt ons....hmmm :)

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Ok guys this thread is way off topic. Can we please refocus our energy on ATP.
Feel free to have this debate in a free for all thread.

Thank you in advance.

Done :)
Friendly hypothetical debate over :)
I'm actually more confident in the trans/driveline after a few trips to the drag strip now.

iso100

1000 Post Club
Has anyone broken anything in our driveline yet?
My car is at the dealer now most likely getting a new transmission at 2400 miles. I think it's a manufacturing error though, not something that can't handle the power.