Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

More plaudits for the Fiesta ST--from CNET

Perry

CNET has a new review of the Fiesta ST up, and it speaks generally quite well of Ford's hot hatch. For anyone reasonably well-acquainted with the car, there are no surprises: the author quibbles with the Recaro seats, finding them a bit too restrictive; he doesn't care for the size of the dash's touch screen; engine noise at higher revs he wishes gone; and the transmission, while adequate, he describes as "a little sloppy". I disagree with him significantly on only one of the four: I love the seats. In addition, he bemoans the lack of more bright colors and ST-level distinguishing features and bits of trim, and he twice laments the absence of Sync AppLink. When it comes to the actual driving of the car, though, the author is generally held in thrall. After driving the vehicle, he hurried back to his computer to ascertain whether it had a rear limited-slip differential--surely it did, he thought--but came away surprised and then impressed at the electronic Torque Vectoring Control. I doubt he ever lifted the hood and looked inside, though, since he described the car as having a "big turbo". Big effect, maybe?

The article gives us this nice pic:

All things considered, though: more nice words about our cars!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
All in all not bad from a tech type mag/site .. never thought of Cnet as doing car reviews for me they were the go to source for techie software stuffs :)

Pretty good review,I disagree with a few things,first I absolutely love love love my recaros. Second, I like my little 6.5" screen,it goes wells with the small car and every girl that has been in my car so far say "omg,this screen is so cute!I love it!" [wiggle]. Third,I find my shifter/clutch one of the best to date,coming from speed3,GTI's,and srt4s. I do admit jap clutches are nice,my Acura TL had a great clutch on par if not better than my ST

-ry

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I kinda dislike my recaros because it doesnt have lumbar suport nor you cannot forward rake the seat. If I adjust the seat to high my legs blood curculation gets cut off. If i sit low like I nomally like to sit, the steering wheel is too high which fatigues my arms in long driving sessions. The high steering wheel position really burns me.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
I nearly spat my cornflakes out when I read this part, lmao.

"Despite the big turbo, I didn't note any lag during acceleration. However, the engine moan at high revs generally induced me to let the tach needle swing around to 5,000 and even 6,000 before I upshifted, potentially masking lag".

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
I kinda dislike my recaros because it doesnt have lumbar suport nor you cannot forward rake the seat. If I adjust the seat to high my legs blood curculation gets cut off. If i sit low like I nomally like to sit, the steering wheel is too high which fatigues my arms in long driving sessions. The high steering wheel position really burns me.
Tradesies? Haha

I'm still getting into the swing of my Recaro seat. I find that you HAVE to get your butt all the way back into the seat and the side bolsters can't be on the ribcage. If you skootch up into the seat, it fits much much better. I had sloppy American driving posture, I suppose.

I nearly spat my cornflakes out when I read this part, lmao.

"Despite the big turbo, I didn't note any lag during acceleration.".
From the start I didn't like the read and when I got to this line I immediately stopped and closed the browser (after laughing too of course). You'd think these people writing would actually do research instead of spewing off incorrect information. But then again this is the internet.

I dont have an issue with the Recaros. I love them. The shifter and clutch feel MUCH better than my MS3... and the BIG turbo? lolz