Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BBS replicas!

SO, being such a noob with all of this, i was curious to see if i could get some advice or guidance from people in the know on such things..

I am looking at a set of BBS Replicas, custom drilled from factory at 4x108
But im not sure how it would fit with the width options (stock height) or how it would sit with.. well whatever tyires i would have to get for them :S

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hope-island/wheels-tyres-rims/bb5-r5-bbs-rs-style-17x7-5-17-inch-silver-nissan-toyota-volvo/1082608636

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hope-island/wheels-tyres-rims/bb5-r5-bbs-rs-style-17x8-5-17-inch-gold-nissan-toyota-subaru-hond/1082610770

Any advice or direction in kind of laymens terms would be greatly appreciated!

(side note; if there is going to be any anger or, if i have posted this in the wrong place or anything, please shoot me a message and let me know!)

Thanks!

Mike

OP
X
Thread Starter #3
Just make sure you get +38mm offset.
Why is that man? LIke i said im a complete noob when it comes to all this..
I dont know how big is too big, i mean i know the stocks are 17", but im not sure how wide is too wide, or what it even looks like really, as they arent that common on ST's in Aus :(

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Why is that man? LIke i said im a complete noob when it comes to all this..
I dont know how big is too big, i mean i know the stocks are 17", but im not sure how wide is too wide, or what it even looks like really, as they arent that common on ST's in Aus :(
Stocks are 17x7 at 47.5mm...since you are moving to a wider wheel you have to get the proper offset in order for them to fit without rubbing.

OP
X
Thread Starter #5
Stocks are 17x7 at 47.5mm...since you are moving to a wider wheel you have to get the proper offset in order for them to fit without rubbing.
Ahhh okay, cool.

So 8 would be too wide? Or 7.5 okay?

Also, any american ST's with bbs wheels? I am trying to find what it would look like at stock height with them on :S

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Holy hell, thanks man
Sorry, i know its a weirdly specific question; but im curious if it will fit/not look weird with stock height. No build threads that incorporated bbs reps on here?
Stock height is going to look weird with these wheels.

All of those pics are BBS reps. I think the green car is stock height.

Pics 1, 2, 3, & 6 = ESM 004, 17x8, +38, 4x108
Pic 4 = ESM 002, 17x8, +20, 4x108