Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BBS RS Replica

TW@

So I love the look of BBS rs wheels and the only ones I've been able to find are the ESM 002r listed on modbargains. The wheels come in 17x8.5 and 16x8. I think the 17x8.5 is just too wide so I would go with the 16x8. I was wondering if there would be any rubbing issues with a 16x8 on 205/50 tires? The site says the wheels are 20 offset

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Quite a few people are running 16" wheels without issue. I run a 17x7 ET38 with 215-45zr17 and don't rub.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
So I love the look of BBS rs wheels and the only ones I've been able to find are the ESM 002r listed on modbargains. The wheels come in 17x8.5 and 16x8. I think the 17x8.5 is just too wide so I would go with the 16x8. I was wondering if there would be any rubbing issues with a 16x8 on 205/50 tires? The site says the wheels are 20 offset
Quite a few people are running 16" wheels without issue. I run a 17x7 ET38 with 215-45zr17 and don't rub.
Comparing a 205/50 on a 16x8 ET20 to a 215/45 on a 17x7 ET 38 means that the 16" wheels would poke 30.7mm further than those 17" wheels, which already poke 9.5 mm further than OEM.

OP, if you're curious you can take a ruler to the lip of your wheel and add 40.2 mm (about 1.6 inches) to get an idea of where the lip would land. Surprisingly, the 8.5" wheels have the same offset so they would only be an additional 6.3mm.

OP
TW@

TW@

Thread Starter #4
I know but this wheel is 16x8 ET20 and I would wanna get a 205/50r/16 and was wondering if the thicker sidewall and lower offset would give me any issues

OP
TW@

TW@

Thread Starter #5
I want to get a similar look to this, I don't know what his set up is though and I don't want my tires to be stretched that much

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I want to get a similar look to this, I don't know what his set up is though and I don't want my tires to be stretched that much
There isn't much stance-related offset information in the FiST community. Your best bet would be to look towards the latest gen non-ST communities to see what fitment is looking like. I plan on doing the same eventually, just not right away.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
IIRC ET35-42 is the usual range for us, and you can use the calculator on www.willtheyfit.com to figure out how it'll work out relative to your stock wheels.

...I was going to say something else but i havent slept and am getting delirious now

If you don't want to stretch tires, and add in negative camber to make the fitment work, the ET20 offset is way too aggressive. Like everyone else mentioned, the offsets on these cars are much more conservative. You'd have to stretch a tire, and add in negative camber which means coilovers with camber plates, and an adjustable rear control arm on the rear to add in camber there too. A lot of work, it's doable if you've got the $$, but it's not everyone's cup of tea to be that stanced out. I'd look for another wheel potentially which is hard for these cars given the bolt pattern unfortunately.

OP
TW@

TW@

Thread Starter #10
I don't plan on stancing my car, I don't want to be scraping everywhere. The lowering the eibach springs provide is probably as low as I would ever want my car to be. I just want a nice bbs rs replicas and these were the only ones I was able to find in our bolt pattern.

Based on my research, the stretch from a 205 tire on an 8 inch wheel is pretty reasonable. Reminds me of the stretch on the Singer Porsches

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I don't plan on stancing my car, I don't want to be scraping everywhere. The lowering the eibach springs provide is probably as low as I would ever want my car to be. I just want a nice bbs rs replicas and these were the only ones I was able to find in our bolt pattern.

Based on my research, the stretch from a 205 tire on an 8 inch wheel is pretty reasonable. Reminds me of the stretch on the Singer Porsches

You will be very happy with a 205/50 on a 8 inch wheel it should be just about square...

OP
TW@

TW@

Thread Starter #14
Is it expensive and/or hard to get a wheel re-drilled?

OP
TW@

TW@

Thread Starter #16
That's more of what I'm trying to get