Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bent MBRP Tips? Fix without a return?

So the tips on my MBRP are definitely bent. At first I thought it was just the way I had them aligned but I re positioned them yesterday, and the tips are 100% not parallel, I' wager they are at about a 10? angle, maybe less. I'll post a pic when I can, but I bought the exhaust brand new and I'm wondering if there is a way to straighten it. This is the piece that goes over the rear axle and that the tips attach onto. I swapped the tips, so its not the tips that are bent its the last section of the exhaust.

I don't really feel like going through the whole warranty process, then reinstalling the worst part of the exhaust. I mean I will if I have to but is there any way I could bend the tubes back myself? Possibly wedging something in between them and leaving it for a bit? The problem with that is one tip is straight while the other isn't, so I don't know how to bend one but not the other. I was thinking of heat and a long bar but I don't want to damage the tips. If I took it to a muffler shop do you think they could fix it? I'm still not sure how bad I want to fix it because it really isn't noticeable, mainly only to me, and nearly not worth the effort.

OP
BiigMe
Thread Starter #2

Hard to get a picture of it, but the bend is there. The fact that it's kinda hard to see is another reason why I'm thinking it's not a big deal

Hard to get a picture of it, but the bend is there. The fact that it's kinda hard to see is another reason why I'm thinking it's not a big deal
Tbh looks like a nice exhaust to me. I had to look hard to see the imperfection.

How does it sound?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Mine have an angle too. No matter how much adjusting I do it stays this way. I've seen one other fiesta with it and they are the same.

hard to tell.. is the left tip lower than the right? just step on the right tip a bit to bend it down..... or just cock your head slightly when you look at the exhaust.

I had an issue with my tips. They looked wonky when I was installing them and after a bunch of adjusting I thought I should try switching them from left to right. It made it perfect. For some reason it worked just switching sides. Before I switched them the one tip was hanging down and looked terrible. Try that.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yep, my left one is lower than the right as well, was going to get under the car this weekend and try twisting the pipe and resetting everything to straighten out, looks ghetto as sh!t.

OP
BiigMe
Thread Starter #9
Tbh looks like a nice exhaust to me. I had to look hard to see the imperfection.

How does it sound?

That's why I'm not too worried about it. It has a slight drone but I think if I put some sound deadening in the trunk I won't hear it, the drone doesn't matter because the exhaust sounds fucking amazing. It is LOUD but not obnoxiously so, it sounds like a rally car and if you hit the downshift eight you get a solid backfire, as well as burbles when you rev it. I really love the exhaust

grnmachine02

I had an issue with my tips. They looked wonky when I was installing them and after a bunch of adjusting I thought I should try switching them from left to right. It made it perfect. For some reason it worked just switching sides. Before I switched them the one tip was hanging down and looked terrible. Try that.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
One of my tips was out of round straight outta the box. So much so, that I had to take a hammer to it to unbend it enough to put it on. Now that one won't come off :/

That's why I'm not too worried about it. It has a slight drone but I think if I put some sound deadening in the trunk I won't hear it, the drone doesn't matter because the exhaust sounds fucking amazing. It is LOUD but not obnoxiously so, it sounds like a rally car and if you hit the downshift eight you get a solid backfire, as well as burbles when you rev it. I really love the exhaust
It sounds like you found a winner. If I were to buy a CB system, and I definitely want to, I'd go with the MBRP or Milltek in the loudest spec (unresonated) in that order for both sound and power, to the extent CB systems make any appreciable gains (somewhat debatable).

Even with the cosmetic flaws it looks awesome and the videos I've heard probably sound the best.

I had a Milltek on my BRZ and am partial to it on the GT86 platform but tbh on the FiST it just doesn't sound as great to me.

OP
BiigMe
Thread Starter #12
It sounds like you found a winner. If I were to buy a CB system, and I definitely want to, I'd go with the MBRP or Milltek in the loudest spec (unresonated) in that order for both sound and power, to the extent CB systems make any appreciable gains (somewhat debatable).

Even with the cosmetic flaws it looks awesome and the videos I've heard probably sound the best.

I had a Milltek on my BRZ and am partial to it on the GT86 platform but tbh on the FiST it just doesn't sound as great to me.

I love the MBRP, check out Woosh Motorsports it will be cheapest there, if you can deal with the slight drone the exhaust is intoxicating. Also the drone is manageable because it heavily relies on pedal position. If you want rally car sounds- go MBRP.