Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best/most reliable way to get a solid 12 second st?

Hey guys just broke the engine in enough and would like to hear the experts opinions on the best way to get solid 12 second power out of this car and still be a daily driver.... I'm thinking of going with a gtx2867 kit from dhm with race intercooler to start... Guessing I will need a full 3 inch exhaust as well... Your opinions on all of the other parts are most welcome... Looking for best of the best parts here money is not really an issue... Thanks in advance! Oh and for the big turbo guys... Do any of you regret going that route?

PhoenixM3

If I were to go big turbo, I'd contact Dead Hook Motorsports. Check out the vendor forums. As soon as I have the cash, I'll go for their crashbar/race intercooler setup. Good luck. My initial response to get a FiST into the 12's was gonna be, sell the Fiesta and buy a Mustang, but I don't think that is the answer you're looking for.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I've only seen one guy that was disappointed with his big turbo fist ( and he sold the car ).. But seems most the big turbo guys are happy.

On the other hand... Cyborg, cool air, race gas, pro-tune, and slicks and you'd go high 12's. And it would be a good daily driver as well. But... This car isn't really meant for drag strip racing, even though its having some success doing do.

Since I use to drag race alot of my daily drivers, this would be my ideal FiST setup for fast ETs:
I'd probably go with the ATP GTX2871 setup with EWG & matchported manifold, DHM crashbar/intercooler kit, 3 inch TBE, Mountune or Boomba RMM, Mountune Quaife Diff, upgraded clutch with lightened flywheel, upgraded injectors and/or fuel pump, Cosworth Cams/retainers, E40-E85 dyno tune, lightweight wheels (15s) & sticky tires.

Just my 0.02, but I have no intentions to drag race my FiST at all.

OP
M
Thread Starter #6
If I were to go big turbo, I'd contact Dead Hook Motorsports. Check out the vendor forums. As soon as I have the cash, I'll go for their crashbar/race intercooler setup. Good luck. My initial response to get a FiST into the 12's was gonna be, sell the Fiesta and buy a Mustang, but I don't think that is the answer you're looking for.
I had a 1000+whp twin turbo cobra... Just looking for a fun little daily driver that will surprise some people lol.

If money is no object then get a fabricated intake manifold to hold an M45 supercharger and compound it with a GTX2867 turbo; Piper Stage 4 cams and headwork; custom billet crank with Wossner Forged Pistons and Rods; Use the aux fueling for the Focus ST and run a custom 3.5" DP and exhaust.. ARP bolts all around and Cometic headgasket and shoot for 40psi. That should get you in the 500whp area, conservatively lighten your FiST and go for 10s... still streetable...

OP
M
Thread Starter #9
If money is no object then get a fabricated intake manifold to hold an M45 supercharger and compound it with a GTX2867 turbo; Piper Stage 4 cams and headwork; custom billet crank with Wossner Forged Pistons and Rods; Use the aux fueling for the Focus ST and run a custom 3.5" DP and exhaust.. ARP bolts all around and Cometic headgasket and shoot for 40psi. That should get you in the 500whp area, conservatively lighten your FiST and go for 10s... still streetable...

Sounds like a blast but a bit overkill for what I want out of this car... Looking at used ZR1's for my next street monster.

Sounds like a blast but a bit overkill for what I want out of this car... Looking at used ZR1's for my next street monster.
Yeah, I was being silly.. sniffing too much E85, I guess..

But to keep that low end kick that you like you'll need to stick to a small turbo. The least expensive is the cyborg set up. From there look at some other small frame, hybrid type, 2554s/2560s/2860 or so. The GTX2863s and 67s are used by some on here but if you look at their torque curve nothing really happens until 4000rpms; in my opinion you lose the low end fun this car came with. Those guys love it and you might too, it's your decision and just one man's opinion. MaPerformance is coming out with a complete kit soon, along the lines of cyborg/hybrid/small frame. Don't rush it until you see some dyno figures to compare so you can see when torque hits and how long it holds...

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Every 12sec Fiesta that I know of is a DHM car except the ATP car that know one can seem to find info on. So with that said we have a very wide range of options.

The biggest point I would like to make is the factory reliability and simplicity of our kit. Most know use from either my car or rodmoe's car. Cool race gas and meth blah blah right.

This customer I want to talk about of ours is from Idaho. His car runs on 91oct, the da in his area is 4000ft+, has a stock exhaust, our DHM Gtx2867r kit, DHM race intercooler kit and a 2jr intake. Everything else is stock. He gets a min of 28mpg but averages 32-36mpg. His car makes 297whp and 292wtq on a mustang dyno. Goes 12.8-12.9sec every pass!

Chassis dyno was just a few weeks ago

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442883727.131387.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442883746.489978.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442883772.068287.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442883802.464053.jpg

This is the VD from July 6th

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442883824.773382.jpg

He drives a ton of miles on this car weekly. It is his daily that he races almost every weekend.

Did I mention 91oct?? No race gas, no meth, no e mix no tricks!!!

There is not another kit on the market that comes close to the simplicity and reliability as this set up.

I took a bone stock fiesta and bolted just the turbo kit up to it and made 305whp on 93oct. Stock everything else yes even the intercooler.

Even at the most intercooler and turbo package comes with a free tune and just under $5100 shipped to your door.

We are coming out with a new kit that will take your car into the 12s for less and be even more fun and street able!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442884072.860995.jpg

With our factory fitment intercooler it will be $4k shipped!!! This will support 270-280whp and over 310wtq! On 93oct!

We have the fastest ST (focus and fiesta) for a reason feel free to give us a call. If you want to go ATP we do a lot of those and we can help you out there too!

Russ

DHM1

1000 Post Club
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442884517.137819.jpg

Also I made this a few days ago to help show people some direct comparisons. I keep saying people call our kits laggy and bad for the street etc etc. our customers say the complete opposite and here is why.

If you call 3700rpm+ of big power and tq not fun then maybe...

Russ

OP
M
Thread Starter #15
Every 12sec Fiesta that I know of is a DHM car except the ATP car that know one can seem to find info on. So with that said we have a very wide range of options.

The biggest point I would like to make is the factory reliability and simplicity of our kit. Most know use from either my car or rodmoe's car. Cool race gas and meth blah blah right.

This customer I want to talk about of ours is from Idaho. His car runs 91oct, the da in his area is 4000ft+, has a stock exhaust, our DHM Gtx2867r kit, DHM race intercooler kit and a 2jr intake. Everything else is stock. He gets a min of 28mpg but averages 32-36mpg. His car makes 297whp and 292wtq on a mustang dyno. Goes 12.8-12.9sec every pass!

Chassis dyno was just a few weeks ago

View attachment 6862

View attachment 6863

View attachment 6864

View attachment 6865

This is the VD from July 6th

View attachment 6866

He drives a ton of miles on this car weekly. It is his daily that he races almost every weekend.

Did I mention 91oct?? No race gas, no meth, no e mix no tricks!!!

There is not another kit on the market that comes close to the simplicity and reliability as this set up.

I took a bone stock fiesta and bolted just the turbo kit up to it and made 305whp on 93oct. Stock everything else yes even the intercooler.

Even at the most intercooler and turbo package comes with a free tune and just under $5100 shipped to your door.

We are coming out with a new kit that will take your car into the 12s for less and be even more fun and street able!

View attachment 6867

With our factory fitment intercooler it will be $4k shipped!!! This will support 270-280whp and over 310wtq! On 93oct!

We have the fastest ST (focus and fiesta) for a reason feel free to give us a call. If you want to go ATP we do a lot of those and we can help you out there too!

Russ
That sounds about perfect... I want a trouble free 93 octane daily... I will be in touch for sure... Where are you guys located?

OP
M
Thread Starter #16
Nevermind I just saw... Wish you were closer... I would just ship the car to you guys and be done with it!

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Nevermind I just saw... Wish you were closer... I would just ship the car to you guys and be done with it!
Keep in mind we made this kit to install quicker than you can take the old one out! Everything is vband and easy to get to! no bolts or gaskets on the exhaust housing to worry about. very easy install. We do have customers bring there cars to us. We can do weekend install and tunes!

Russ

OP
M
Thread Starter #18
image.jpg
Keep in mind we made this kit to install quicker than you can take the old one out! Everything is vband and easy to get to! no bolts or gaskets on the exhaust housing to worry about. very easy install. We do have customers bring there cars to us. We can do weekend install and tunes

Russ
. I've had many fast cars over the years... This one being the fastest... That being said I am completely incompetent when it comes to working on cars... I can write a check with the best of them though lol.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
. I've had many fast cars over the years... This one being the fastest... That being said I am completely incompetent when it comes to working on cars... I can write a check with the best of them though lol.
nothing wrong with that. Please feel free to email or call anytime

Russell@DeadHookMotorsports.com
855-Race-DHM

Russ

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
View attachment 6868

Also I made this a few days ago to help show people some direct comparisons. I keep saying people call our kits laggy and bad for the street etc etc. our customers say the complete opposite and here is why.

If you call 3700rpm+ of big power and tq not fun then maybe...

Russ
I back up this statement 100%. My car isn't laggy and I can actually use ALL the torque I have instead of just blowing my tires off. Looking over logs I have with my DHM 2867r (314whp vDyno best) and the Cyborg (235whp vDyno best): in a 3rd gear roll from 30-60mph, there's little difference in time. Obviously the Cyborg is gonna be a little faster. But after that, the GTX clearly changes things, very quickly. I haven't compared against my stock turbo data yet though...

Anyway, the point remains that it's not laggy/unstreetable like people say. Thanks to Russ' tuning and knowledge, that is.