Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best PSI stock actuator spring for stock turbo stage 2

drg

Hi everybody! I have been reading post about spring actuator. Most people say that 17psi is too strong and 7-11 psi actuator is great, but i dont know if its for hybrid turbo or stock... could you give me a hand? Thanks!!
Please, dont say best is stock psi jeje

If your changing the wastegate actuator, your going to be REQUIRED to get a custom tune. If your good with that (I highly recommend it ), then really any wastegate will be fine. The one and only difference will be minimum boost pressure. We can run a 5psi eco map because our stock wastegate is 4.5/5psi. If you install an 11psi gate, you can never go below 11psi. If you install a 19psi gate, you can never go below 19psi ( ok.... relatively here guys, don’t take this literally to the decimal point for every RPM in the band, but generally ).

Aside from that, your tuner will be able to adjust the WGDC to meet your needs. The tuner may have a preference because they have tuned 1,000 cars with a 11psi gate or a 19psi gate etc etc etc, but they can dial in any gate other than actually going below the minimum spring pressure.

On the stock turbo, it’s not a big deal, but GNERALLY a 19psi gate will get you to 19psi faster and a 7psi gate with assistance from a boost solenoid/controller. For instance.... if you ran a GtX2867 and used a 6psi gate + the boost control solenoid at 85% duty cycle to get to 30psi, you would actually spool the turbo FASTER if you used a 25psi wastegate and the boost control solenoid at 20% duty cycle to get to 30psi.

Long story short. Unless your tuner is wanting to be lazy, any wastegate that is 10psi+ will work great on the stock turbo.