Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BFG g-Force Sport COMP-2 noisy?

Azov

I have about 20k miles on these tires and they are down to 3/32 and time for another set. I'll probably throw another set of these on there. I've done about 15 drag pulls on them and was able to get a decent 2.2 60'. For the price you really can't beat them. They definitely don't like the cold and I get excessive wheel spin as a result.

Siestarider

I have a set with 12,000 mi and 9 track days on them, one track day left and they will be replaced with Rival S just to see how much quicker Rivals are. If they are not substantially quicker, I will go back to comp 2's, suspect they are hard to beat for overall dd/tracking value.

I found them noisy on way home from tracking, more from Sebring than PBIR, but the cupping wears pretty fast, couple hundred miles of street and they are fine again. Maybe possible to cup them with very spirited driving on street, not enough good roads around here to find out.

Not the exact same model, but my 205/50-16 Sport Comp 2 A/S are noisy at below 10mph. At highway speeds I don't hear them, and I have a symposer delete.

JasonHaven

Not the exact same model, but my 205/50-16 Sport Comp 2 A/S are noisy at below 10mph. At highway speeds I don't hear them, and I have a symposer delete.
205/45-16 Comp 2 A/S here as well, and my findings are the same... you can hear them a bit at low speeds (generally only if my music is off and windows are open/cracked, though), and no noise complaints at speed. Also, no traction complaints so far.

I have the Sport Comp 2s in the stock tire size, and the car's only mod so far is a CP-E rear mount. I noticed they were louder than the stock RE050s as soon as I drove away with the Bridgestones installed, and 4000+ miles have confirmed that I need to turn the radio up to compensate for the additional noise.

Ultimate grip is not as high, but for the price, I can live with this tradeoff.

Siestarider

I mounted mine on 16" wheels to get the comfort of 45 sidewalls, much better than OEM tires for DD comfort. Plus wanted to loose wheel/tire weight. No reason for A/S down here.

Chuckable

Wow, thanks all for the feedback! Sounds like they are a fairly good dual-use tire since you guys use them for both drag racing and road racing as well as daily driving. I don't mind sacrificing a little low speed noise for the price, though I wonder how much more it would cost to find a tire with better grip.

I ordered TD pro race 1.2s in 15x8 and I am going to be going with the the comp 2's in 195/55/15. Mainly for the weight savings and the far better traction, the much taller side wall should make the care ride like a dream. I am so glad to hear these reviews. I will be going to the drag strip at least once or twice on these, but mainly for my daily driving on the street, spirited straight line driving, don't have to many corners to run around near me. So I am glad to see the great reviews. Noise was one thing I was super worried about.

I just put a set on 205 40 17 recently and I noticed improved feel/grip immediately. There is a slight sound but I really don't notice it over my muffler. I love these tires and in my opinion they are undoubtedly the best bang for the buck!

Did anyone go through some BS from TireRack and the like saying they don't sell/would not sell you these tires because of a load rating. I had a hell of a trying to figure out how to buy these tires. The sales people/websites at TireRack and DiscountTireDirect say that they don't make that tire for the Fiesta ST... and I'm over here like just take my money and its"none of your business" what car they are for- just sell me tires! Nope, no amount of reasoning about how many people run these tires on Fiesta ST's on my side made a diff. So anyways I ended up sourcing them from onlinetires.com.

Did anyone go through some BS from TireRack and the like saying they don't sell/would not sell you these tires because of a load rating. I had a hell of a trying to figure out how to buy these tires. The sales people/websites at TireRack and DiscountTireDirect say that they don't make that tire for the Fiesta ST... and I'm over here like just take my money and its"none of your business" what car they are for- just sell me tires! Nope, no amount of reasoning about how many people run these tires on Fiesta ST's on my side made a diff. So anyways I ended up sourcing them from onlinetires.com.
That makes no sense. Were you looking for them in the stock size? You can definitely plug in the ST and the Sport Comp-2's are one of the tires that comes up. The load rating is 80W, which is plenty for the weight and speed of the FiST.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
When I bought mine in the 195/55/15 the guy at Tirerack called me and wanted to make sure I placed the right order, because apparently in PA, where I was living at the time, some places would fail you during inspection if you had undersized tires.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I ordered TD pro race 1.2s in 15x8 and I am going to be going with the the comp 2's in 195/55/15. Mainly for the weight savings and the far better traction, the much taller side wall should make the care ride like a dream. I am so glad to hear these reviews. I will be going to the drag strip at least once or twice on these, but mainly for my daily driving on the street, spirited straight line driving, don't have to many corners to run around near me. So I am glad to see the great reviews. Noise was one thing I was super worried about.
Well I have a set of one summer used 195/55/15s if you're interested. Just as a back up track set or something. PM if you're interested. I have no use for them anymore since I'm moving up to 16s.

When I bought mine in the 195/55/15 the guy at Tirerack called me and wanted to make sure I placed the right order, because apparently in PA, where I was living at the time, some places would fail you during inspection if you had undersized tires.
How much better was the ride and grip with these tires in that size? that is the exact size I am going with. I am also stage 3 on E40 from DHM. think grip will be an issue?

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
How much better was the ride and grip with these tires in that size? that is the exact size I am going with. I am also stage 3 on E40 from DHM. think grip will be an issue?
Grip was great. Never really had a problem pulling from 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. Now I don't E40 tune so I can't tell you how it's going to work with that, but I loved the tire. Wish they made them in 225/45/16 and I'd have them on my next set. And I just quoted you about 2 seconds ago. Ha.

Grip was great. Never really had a problem pulling from 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. Now I don't E40 tune so I can't tell you how it's going to work with that, but I loved the tire. Wish they made them in 225/45/16 and I'd have them on my next set. And I just quoted you about 2 seconds ago. Ha.
Awesome, just what I wanted to hear. I appreciate the quick response, If I did have my buddy order them for me already at a ridiculously low price, I would def! pick that set up from you. yeah. I would of gone 16 myself if they made them in that size, but the 15x8 rims are pretty damn slick looking with all that tire, so I wont complain.

You are right- it made no sense but that was my experience and was very disappointed about it. Oh well, onlinetires.com ftw.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Awesome, just what I wanted to hear. I appreciate the quick response, If I did have my buddy order them for me already at a ridiculously low price, I would def! pick that set up from you. yeah. I would of gone 16 myself if they made them in that size, but the 15x8 rims are pretty damn slick looking with all that tire, so I wont complain.
No problem. If you do love them and want another cheap set, let me know! Mine will just be sitting in storage. Ha.

And definitely post pictures when you get that set up. Sounds awesome.

I was at discount tire 20 min ago, they told me the same thing and wouldn't sell me the tires. So stupid...