Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blown Engine Resource Thread

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Previously had a ring land failure (cylinder 4) with an X47R, aux fuel, mishimoto radiator and ethanol tune. Just to note I was experiencing overheating in the middle of the summer in Arizona while running the car stock PRIOR to modding the car. Bought and installed a mishimoto radiator which solved the issue...then began modding from there. I rebuilt the engine with forged pistons and rods from mountune and everything has been goochi. Beat the piss out of her with the stock turbo for six months.... and now I'm back at it with an upgraded S280 turbo :) .
What were your failure symptoms with the x47R? What led you to believe it was ring land failure....Etc.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Any Ap3 reading that were funny? Etc

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
No symptoms, just flew off a chunk of piston during a pull and began eating oil. It threw some code that I do not recall but I ended up looking at the spark plugs and seen oil on the spark plug for that cylinder. Pulled it apart and found that.

Reading through this thread I was like man idk if I wanna continue modding my FiST. Then I was noticing some things throughout the thread what years were mostly affected, and how many I had seen I was doing a hard pull when it happened. So with that being said I suspect some were due to LSPI, and some were the 14-15 models with overheating issues. So I'm gonna continue my modding journey and enjoy, plus used 1.6 eco long blocks I have noticed can be found for relatively cheap.

I think mine was just a factory dud.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Username: theblue
Car and Year: 2018
Mileage: 11k
What failed - piston, rod, injector etc?: head gasket
Modifications and tune: intercooler, panel filter, dizzy step colder plugs stage 2 tune
Under what circumstances did it fail (WOT, cruising, what did you hear and feel?): felt fine but was drinking coolant
Any signs prior to failure?: never fully failed, but car was consuming expansion tank's worth of coolant ever 2 weeks
Warranty?: yes, covered a new long block
--------------------------------------------------------------

Quisp

1000 Post Club
A wider plug gap exposes more spark to the mixture.

Also, small gaps are more subject to being closed up, shorted, by deposits or other foreign material lodging in the gap.

Sent from my SM-A205U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It goes Big turbo W/ High boost = Smaller gap

Boost over 15lbs Gap= .018-.024

Boost under 15 lbs = .028-.032

Or play with the gap setting to see what your car likes